User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Yes, I would try in about a week.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hi, Yesterday (Thursday) I recieved Metro's "News Letter" (Already a member via Email,the one that offers recipies) and decided to reply to their comments section. Questioned where all my requests for answers about coupon policies went(Phone, Email, FaceBook, & Registered letter). Celine called me back this afternoon apolagising, not knowing what to say as to why I have not recieved replies yet. She did say that since I sent my registered letter to H.O. on Maurice Duplessis she did not recieve it at her office yet... She then asked "so you would like a copy of our coupon policy?" I replied "yes please". She asked if it would be a problem if it was just in french and I replied we could work with that(She said she would look for english anyways). She then said she would send it to me by Email...Below is the Email I recieved. Not very official. I called back but the line was busy. I will follow through to find out if she will send me something more official either by email or direct mail and I will post it here.

Metro and Super C / coupons policy

TO: ged Friday, November 18, 2011 3:44:03 PM

Message body

Dear Mr. ---,

We acknowledge reception of your email and we thank you for taking the time writing to us. Metro and Super C merchants have to accept coupons from our flyers, superc.ca and metro.ca website, our Facebook page ( metro) and originals from suppliers. The acceptation of any coupons that have been printed from the internet (other than from metro.ca) is entirely to their discretion.

Best regards,

Céline Latour
    Service aux consommateurs
    Metro Richelieu
    1(866) 595-5554 ou (514)643-1043

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl View Post
    Hi, Yesterday (Thursday) I recieved Metro's "News Letter" (Already a member via Email,the one that offers recipies) and decided to reply to their comments section. Questioned where all my requests for answers about coupon policies went(Phone, Email, FaceBook, & Registered letter). Celine called me back this afternoon apolagising, not knowing what to say as to why I have not recieved replies yet. She did say that since I sent my registered letter to H.O. on Maurice Duplessis she did not recieve it at her office yet... She then asked "so you would like a copy of our coupon policy?" I replied "yes please". She asked if it would be a problem if it was just in french and I replied we could work with that(She said she would look for english anyways). She then said she would send it to me by Email...Below is the Email I recieved. Not very official. I called back but the line was busy. I will follow through to find out if she will send me something more official either by email or direct mail and I will post it here.

Message body

Dear Mr. ---,

We acknowledge reception of your email and we thank you for taking the time writing to us. Metro and Super C merchants have to accept coupons from our flyers, superc.ca and metro.ca website, our Facebook page ( metro) and originals from suppliers. The acceptation of any coupons that have been printed from the internet (other than from metro.ca) is entirely to their discretion.

Best regards,

Céline Latour
    Metro Richelieu
    Good luck!
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Message body

Dear Mr. ---,

Best regards,

Céline Latour
    Metro Richelieu

Wow this gives you no anwers at all

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OMG they should be ashamed of themselves for sending out a letter with those mistakes. Doesn't anyone know how to write anymore?

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Ok, from Metro Facebook french page:

Annie-Bonjour Métro, est-ce vrai que maintenant les marchands Métro ne prennent plus les coupons uniquement en anglais, et ce, même si ceux-ci viennent des compagnies? À ce que je sache, les coupons de compagnies ou des manufacturiers sont légitimes, qu'ils soient anglais ou français. Merci de bien pouvoir m'informer.

Métro- Bonjour Annie, je ne suis pas au courant qu'une telle décision a été prise... laissez-moi m'informer et je vous reviens dès que possible lundi.

Bonjour Annie. De façon générale, les marchands doivent accepter les coupons de nos circulaires, du site www.metro.ca, de notre page Facebook et les originaux des fournisseurs sur lesquels il y a une mention de lieu par exemple « valable au Québec ou au Canada ». Par contre, l'acceptation des coupons-rabais obtenus par le biais d’Internet (autre que metro.ca) est laissée à leur entière discrétion. Bonne fin de journée!

Annie- Donc, un coupon de manufacturier (non imprimé d'internet) valide au Canada ET en anglais devrait être accepté? C'est ce que je comprends, n'est-ce pas?

Metro- Oui il devrait être accepté. Vous pouvez aussi contacter le service aux consommateurs ici : http://metro.ca/util/contact.fr.html Ils vont pouvoir vérifier avec vous.

If any of you want to translate, feel free. But I think this says you can use english coupon as long as they are valid in Canada, no exception.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

only the printable are at discretion of the store
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Am i the only one who doesn't notice that many mistakes? Céline Latour sounds pretty French and old, she's doing great for a maybe 50 years pld person who maybe didn't learn English thru school...
    But i do think then that is very unofficial and should not be present as ''coupon policy''.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

And here is my latest update; I had asked for an official coupon policy Metro should have available for public consultation - Reply not available for the public... UhHuh!
    *Well Mme Celine Latour's phone number is in my wallet for Metro's consultation when I go back and am given problems; Lotta good that will do...*

RE: Metro and Super C / coupons policy

TO:
    • Alan H
    Message ged
    Thursday, November 24, 2011 11:07:27 AM

Message body

Bonjour Monsieur H,

Nous accusons réception de votre second courriel. Nous sommes désolés de la confusion, car malheureusement, les politiques écrites ne sont pas divulguées à nos consommateurs .

Recevez, Monsieur H, nos cordiales salutations;

Céline Latour
    Metro Richelieu

De : Alan H
    Envoyé : mercredi 23 novembre 2011 12:52
    À : Service aux consommateurs
    Objet : Re: Metro and Super C / coupons policy

Bonjour Mme Latour,

Suite a notre exchange de Courriel et tel. je me demandais si au Tel. j'avait bien compris que vous etiez me faire parevenir la politique officiel sur les coupons chez Metro. Sans vouloir vous offencez, mais plutot un document avec l'entete ou "Logo de Metro", de-quoi plus officiel peut etre que je pourrait garder avec moi pour presenter si jaimais je rencontre la situation a nouveau?

Merci et bonne journee a vous,

Alan

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Oui AnnieP, Vous avez raison, You are right, they are supposed to accept the English only ones and it is at the Store's discretion to accept "Home printed" coupons. My Metro is just below the Jacques Cartier Bridge(So to speak) here in Montreal. 1955 St Catherine E. I will be giving it another try and will outrightly ask the manager in person what she thinks and take her name if there is a problem. Celine will be tired of hearing from me!

Bonne journee a tous! Have a great day all! Alan
    (Desole pour mon francais ecrit, je n'applique pas d'accent ou ils devrait etre, car je ne sait pas comment les faire sortir de mon clavier )

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Oui AnnieP, Vous avez raison, You are right, they are supposed to accept the English only ones and it is at the Store's discretion to accept "Home printed" coupons. My Metro is just below the Jacques Cartier Bridge(So to speak) here in Montreal. 1955 St Catherine E. I will be giving it another try and will outrightly ask the manager in person what she thinks and take her name if there is a problem. Celine will be tired of hearing from me!

Bonne journee a tous! Have a great day all! Alan
    (Desole pour mon francais ecrit, je n'applique pas d'accent ou ils devrait etre, car je ne sait pas comment les faire sortir de mon clavier )
    I just talk to Fredérick from Metro. He's the person in charge of Facebook page. I leave a message from link from Metreo website. He confirm me that: as long as the coupon is valid in Canada, no restriction for Quebec, the coupon is from company not from website (printable) even if it's english they HAVE to accept it. He also told me, if anyone have problem to have this coupon "policy" apply from a casher, call Metro HO back.
    So, don't get shy to leave a message in Facebook page of Metro.

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Merci

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't really consider Quebec as billingual, there are so much language laws so this does not suprise me. Even the public transit is scrictly in French and it would be scary if tourist from another province were riding it and there was an emergency. When I have been to New Brunswich however, I never have felt the bitterness of language tension such as I do here in Montreal. Also nothing is required to be in English except maybe some employment positions. I am not so sure though. It seems that anything strictly in English is extremely threatening to the French culture preservation.

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Maybe not the French preservation, but more the angryness of: Pourquoi y'apprenne pas le français, nous autres on apprend l'anglais, j'ai pas besoin de les servir dans leur langue.
    I do understand both POV.
    But Canada is bilingual and they SHOULD accept both.
    In Ontario, where it is no bilingual, they accepted my French only coupons.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    Maybe not the French preservation, but more the angryness of: Pourquoi y'apprenne pas le français, nous autres on apprend l'anglais, j'ai pas besoin de les servir dans leur langue.
    I do understand both POV.
    But Canada is bilingual and they SHOULD accept both.
    In Ontario, where it is no bilingual, they accepted my French only coupons.
    They really do accept your French only coupons? Because many trade I try to do just aborted because my coupons were only french.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information