User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I cheaped out and bought the Great Value Original Macaroni & Cheese from Walmart. I usually dont mind store brand mac and cheese but this one is gross. The noodles were so Gummy and chewy (but they werent undercooked) and the "sauce" had absolutely NO taste. I have a box of the "creamy" type in the cupboard. Hopefully it will be better.
    This thread is currently associated with: Apple, MAC Cosmetics, Walmart

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I tried a non-Kraft one once too and it was awful. The sauce had little 'curds' that just wouldn't mix into sauce ...bleah

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

I hate all the boxed stuff outside of Velveeta..the cheese just sucks.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I like the PC white cheddar one...mmmmm but I am more of KD kinda gal. i can't stand non KD orange cheese mac and cheese from a box...
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No name macaroni and cheese is great and just like KD. In fact I would not be surprised if it is KD just in a different package.

What it is, is that these companies get you in the set of mind that name brand is superior when in fact it is the exact same thing (most of the time) and so many people fall for it.
    Last edited by D-Roc; Sun, Jun 27th, 2010 at 04:26 AM.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by D-Roc View Post
    No name macaroni and cheese is great and just like KD. In fact I would not be surprised if it is KD just in a different package.

What it is, is that these companies get you in the set of mind that name brand is superior when in fact it is the exact same thing (most of the time) and so many people fall for it.
    There is NO WAY that these are the same. Im not a sheep. I don't just buy into their marketing and branding. Im all for generic brand (if it costs less than brand name after coupons) The Great Value mac and cheese would be more comparable to the Italpasta mac and cheese they sell at giant tiger. YUCK!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I tried this one too one day when I went to WM for KD, but they were sold out. This one is really terrible, as OP has said. I have the same complaints...absolutely no flavour in the cheese sauce and the noodles were really gummy. The PC White Cheddar one, I have found, is often hit or miss. I think I've tried the Italpasta one, though I can't remember for sure. I know I've tried on generic brand that was quite decent and I'd grab it again if I needed to. Oddly enough, I bought a box of KD once and I didn't like it. How weird is that!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

totally agree, nothing compares to good 'ol KD! It's kinda like Ketchup..Heinz is the only good stuff, all the others are too sweet or too vinnegar-y. Those are probably the only things I am brand loyal to

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Eeyah View Post
    totally agree, nothing compares to good 'ol KD! It's kinda like Ketchup..Heinz is the only good stuff, all the others are too sweet or too vinnegar-y. Those are probably the only things I am brand loyal to
    I will say that Superstore brand of ketchup is good. Not Heinz, but still good!

It's funny on the mac and cheese - my initials are KD, always wanted to get one of those shirts, Gotta be KD! I don't think I've ever bought the bargain brand, we don't buy enough of it to bother. Maybe six boxes of regular KD a year when it goes on sale, and some of that probably goes to the food bank.

Z

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I love the mac and cheese. microwave not only cheaper, but you can! It is delicious and the noodles are much more important than brand names. Definitely in my pantry!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My daughter LOVES the White Cheddar and Macaroni by Presidents Choice.

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

we've tried a few of the generic ones as well.. esp. the white cheddar. yum!.. although when we do make KD i try to make it almost el dente. that way the noodles don't fall apart while mixing.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

oh and if you mix the milk and cheese together in the mikey for a few seconds.. it blends better.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I like the KD the most. PC is good when KD isn't on sale and I have a craving while passing it (I'm weird).

But, since I have a bulk barn nearby, I just buy the powder. Not exactly the same, but close enough for me. Haven't bought the boxes in a while.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I agree, the cheese powder in non-branded Mac and cheese is sooo bland and clumpy-like... Honestly, it's a waste of money.

Kraft-dinner is the best choice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information