User Tag List

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I wasn't sure where to put this. Food? Product reviews? Store reviews?

Anyhow, here it is. At Costco, I've recently seen a pasta dish that is topped with lobster and shrimp. I must admit, it looks mighty tasty. It's about $10 a kg, not really that bad for the price, a package of it is about $20. But has anyone tried it out?

My birthday is on Saturday (a fairly significant birthday), maybe that would be something yummy for us to have that day. I'm not a going-out and partying kind of gal, since we have a five year old it's just easier to buy food to bring home, whether takeout or this kind of thing. I love lobster and other seafood, but if we bought lobster I'd have to cook it, and I want to skip cooking that day. Plus, I'm doing weight watchers right now, and while I'm willing to cheat a bit for my 40th birthday, I'd rather stay fairly good and burn up the points in cake!

So in a nutshell, has anyone tried this? Is it good? Thanks!
    This thread is currently associated with: Cake Beauty, Costco, London Drugs

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Happy birthday.

Usually, you can't go wrong with Costco. But I think they will take it back if you don't like it. Of course, with receipt.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Have not tried that one in particular, but every other one I have tried has been good.
    gone shopping!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so great but I am not costco member.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Happy Birthday.
    Sorry haven't tried it but will be on the look out for it as it sounds good.
    Costco will let you return if you don't like it. I know PIA especially because it is for a special occasion. But because of the expense you can rest easy knowing you are not out the price you paid.
    Let us know if you buy it and if it is good.thanks

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I work there and have never tried it just because I don't like seafood. I have asked members and they say it is awesome. You can take it home, keep the receipt, try it and if you don't like it return it. Costco has 100 percent guarantee on everything and you will not have an issue returning it. Make sure you of course have some of the product left in the package LOL.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

In the end I DID get the seafood pasta, it was very good! It really wasn't such a bad deal either, my mom, DS and I all had a fairly good-sized helping and there's leftovers (DH doesn't like seafood).

I was going to go to Superstore for cake, but since I was already in Costco and didn't want to drag my Costco purchases over there, so I bought a Tuxedo cake.

Oh. My. God. YUM! It has some kind of mousse filling or something, it was awesome!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Costco has some amazing food and I am not just saying that because I work there. That tuxedo cake is so chocolaty and rich it almost melts in your mouth. That is one of my favorites along with the cheese cakes mmmmmmm

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Costco has some really good food!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

This was one of my first experiences with their premade foods, although DH has bought pizza there a few times for guy gatherings. I didn't try those, and figured the guys would eat pizza wherever it came from. They didn't complain, so I figured it was OK!

I've known for some time that their beef is excellent - if I want steak, for several years that's where I've gone for it, their sirloin grilling steak is FABULOUS. Costs a bit more than the grocery store, but it's 10 times better. Roasts are a good deal and good quality too - they're big, but I buy one big one and chop into three or four pieces, put them in the freezer. Chicken breasts, too expensive for me, haven't tried them.

I've recently started shopping there more for everyday things, especially produce, because a) I'm doing Weight Watchers and pre-prepped veggies and fruit are a good deal there, and b) because of a a thread out there somewhere that I started about what's a good deal there, learned a lot from that! I make a weekly visit there now, which I didn't before.
    Last edited by Zonny; Sun, Nov 6th, 2011 at 07:27 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I haven't, but I find most things from Costco are pretty amazing!

Thread Information