User Tag List

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Well folks! I shocked even myself. I've thought for a long time now that Jane's Chicken is the best out there but when my coupon for $2.50 off Olymel came in the mail and Metro had it for $5.99, I decided to give it a try. I got 1 box of Chicken Breast Chunkies and 1 box of Chipotle BBQ Chicken Wings. First of all, the meat in the nuggets is actually a whole piece of breast meat, not minced or ground white meat, which is what Jane's is. I still do like the taste of Jane's, but if I'm paying around the same price for both products, I prefer to get the one with whole meat. As for the chicken wings, I made them last night for Monday Night football and they were a hit! They were meaty and most importantly, not greasy. The bbq sauce is tasty, smoky, and just right. My husband told me to get more boxes, so I used the 50% off coupon from Metro's Facebook and got a good deal on yummy chicken.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs, Metro
    Last edited by IRefuseToPayFullPrice; Tue, Nov 1st, 2011 at 01:02 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I agree, my son takes the olymel chunkie chicken in his lunch. I make them in the morning when he is eating breakfast and put them in a dish with BBQ sauce to dip them in. He eats them cold and he says they are GREAT!
    If you are thinking of joining Listia, use my referral http://www.listia.com/signup/736035

Why not give swagbucks a try?? You'll be glad you did! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/bonste

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'll have to give these a try. I found a tear pad coupon for any Olymel frozen poultry product at Sobey's, so now I'm just waiting for a sale. No Metro here, unfortunately.

I mentioned in the Jane's thread that there are two types of Jane's chicken strips. There is one made with white breast meat and it tastes great...it's also at least double the price.

Has anyone tried Maple Lodge Farm's Zabiha Halal line of chicken fingers? They sell them at Superstore for around $10 for 907g and it is made with all-white chicken.

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I picked up 2 boxes tonight!
    $6.99 - 50% (metro coupon) = $3.49 - $2.50 (GoCoupons) = 99¢!!!!!!!!

Haven't tried them out yet- still gotta finish 5 other boxes of Jane's chicken..lol
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

just ordered the coupons thanks for the heads up I am stuck usually on one brand but if you say there good will just have to try lol

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by KK7 View Post
    just ordered the coupons thanks for the heads up I am stuck usually on one brand but if you say there good will just have to try lol
    I've been stuck on Jane's for 3 years now and am happy to try something new. You won't regret it!

Blessed with 4 children
    Trading Score
    347 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post

I mentioned in the Jane's thread that there are two types of Jane's chicken strips. There is one made with white breast meat and it tastes great...it's also at least double the price.
    Yes, it does taste great but my wallet doesn't agree! I think it's around $12.99-ish. Too rich for my blood...

Thread Information