User Tag List

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

i went to zellers (downtown) i price matched juice then i went to use a coupon , the lady looked at me and said u cant use two coupons i said i wasn't i am price matching and using a coupon! she said well u cant i said yes she called the manager and the manager said to her yes she can ! we discussed this yesterday in the meeting didn't u listen!
    i just looked at her and smiled she didn't say anything not even sry ! she was rude as well too me i wasn't impressed

i love how people make up there own rules and look at me and think im crazy! cause i know what i am doing!

went back to zellers for another price match/coupon visit this time i thought i was smart i went to customer service ! the lady there told me i couldnt price match and coupon ! i said yes i can i did it last week ! i talked to the manager last week the lady said i could the lady said well maybe the manager was wroung last week! she said i will get our coupon policy and show u ! i said sure she couldnt find it so she called someone else the lady on the other line said yes she can we just changed that rule last week! the lady looked at me and said o i was gone last week! and then took my coupons!!! didnt even get a sorry !
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers
    Last edited by lorressa; Mon, Nov 7th, 2011 at 07:48 PM.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

ok, seriously...is every Zellers' coupon/price matching policy DIFFERENT??? At the one in southdale, you CANNOT use a coupon and price match, (unless this has now changed across te board and you can now). They will also cut out the item you are price matching FROM the FLYER, so you can't price match it anywhere else after that, but WILL NOT use a coupon on top of that. If you have it's because you've gotten a new cashier who doesn't know they can't do the two together...they are not suppose to. Unless of course this has all changed........

Jordie
    Trading Score
    31 (100%)

I have a copy of the current policy and it does state in there that you can no longer price match and use a coupon on the same item. The good news is that they will give you overages now.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    192 (100%)

this is one of the reasons i take my shopping elsewhere.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Jordie View Post
    I have a copy of the current policy and it does state in there that you can no longer price match and use a coupon on the same item. The good news is that they will give you overages now.
    Yep, I was just about to post this..we were told a month ago to no longer allow coupons on PM'ing..which is stupid but whatev.. I forgot about it and tried to PM the Flintstone Vit's that were onsale at Fortinos and use my coupon and was refused so off I went back to Fortinos to buy it..no idea why they would put in new policies like this on their last year of buisness..

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lisainhamilton View Post
    Yep, I was just about to post this..we were told a month ago to no longer allow coupons on PM'ing..which is stupid but whatev.. I forgot about it and tried to PM the Flintstone Vit's that were onsale at Fortinos and use my coupon and was refused so off I went back to Fortinos to buy it..no idea why they would put in new policies like this on their last year of buisness..
    because this year, it's all about the bottom line for them.. it makes the a-holes in head office look really good if they turn a good profit, but in the meantime, screw the consumer

Coupon Queenie #376
    Trading Score
    37 (100%)

Zellers sucks all together!! Even b4 I started couponing I avoided that place since i can remember.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

so ALL of the zellers are allowed to give overages???

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That seems a little ridiculous that you cannot PM AND use a coupon, because the coupon is sent to the manufacturer so money is coming out of Zeller's budget or bottom line!

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

This is a good reason why I don't shop at Zellers - plus we don't even get the dam flyer anymore for some strange reason - so glad it will soon be a TARGET and oh boy I can't wait

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    so ALL of the zellers are allowed to give overages???
    Not at the store I work at, they will make the coupon the exact amount of the product..no extras.

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

I went to zellers today. Was buying herbal essence and using a coupon (I bought two and was using two coupons) and she was like "no sorry you can't use two of the same coupon" I read her the coupon which says "of specified quantities" and she was like "well it needs to be two transactions then. So I just said fine whatever and did two transactions. So ridiculous.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

^ OMG. it's called one per purchase. Who the @$%! cares if it's the SAME coupon.

Trading Score
    110 (100%)

Yea it was quite frustrating.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

next time, just be like, well I'd like to see that in your coupon poilcy...NOW! LOL

Thread Information