User Tag List

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i have lately had a few family/friends ask to see my stockpile. i am always proud to show off the fruits of my labour but i have found myself in an uncomfortable situation more than once recently. they always ooh and aah over the rows of things that i have manged to aquire. all neatly stored and sorted and on display for easy access. my question is, what do i do when people are so obviously dropping hints and even sort of implying that i give them some of the stuff ? i am always quick to share when i know there is a need or if i have more of something than i will use. i also offer all the time to help them figure out couponing for themselves- i've rarely had a taker. i dont want to come across as greedy but there is actually alot of work that goes into a successful coupon shop and i feel kind of mad when people make me feel bad for not offering stuff to them.
    my own kids arent allowed to take things off the shelves unless they let me know .

have you guys had to deal with this and what do you do ?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

I NEVER give anyone outside my house anything free unless i am giving to the food bank. Here is why, my time is not free, so even if i got a product free it took time to get it with coupon clipping and deal hunting ect. So for my family and friends(who don't live in my house) they pay $1 for everything i got for free and then for stuff that cost me they pay what it cost me +1$. They are still getting a great deal and are happy to take it. I am also willing to show them how to do this but some people don't want to. So i politely and respectfully explain that my time isn't free "you don't work for free, and couponing is a job for me"...that seems to help me anyways

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

i don't have a stockpile!! I have a limit of what i buy!! ( I will not grab more than i can use (storage issues!!) so I make sure i stick to that rule! I will not buy more than I can use in a certain time period.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sherbear609 View Post
    i don't have a stockpile!! I have a limit of what i buy!! ( I will not grab more than i can use (storage issues!!) so I make sure i stick to that rule! I will not buy more than I can use in a certain time period.
    I know a lot of couponers who live in condos and so they don't have room and they do the same thing.......I am lucky my stuff fits into the built in shelf in my office (it is also a small stock pile so that helps)

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My husband just built me some shelves in the basement to hold my stockpile. Well I wouldn't call it a stockpile yet, but it's getting there. I'm very excited to and can't wait to show it off to my family and friends and tell them they can do the same thing if they want my help to teach them. But I won't give it away free. I agree, my effort and time went into clipping, saving, hunting, etc.. Maybe I'll feel a little more generous when my pile is actually a stock pile. lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't stockpile, but I do buy for friends and family. Catch is they get the bill, I don't mind getting extra's for them, if I can. But they have to pay for them. Even free is never free, there is always tax and really most deals you do pay for.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Even the stuff i do get 100% free i don't just give away unless it goes to the food bank. I got 100 cans of campbells cream of mushroom soup 100% free with coupons and gave it all to the food bank. That to me is not a big deal, but when my SIL comes over and wants 5 cans of shave gel that yes i did get for free( I actually made money on) I make her pay 1$ for each one. Because untimely she doesn't work at her job for free. and between clipping and hunting the deals and trying to trade and get coupons it is a job for me so why would i work for free. she still is saving like 75% by shopping in my stock pile so it is not like i am ripping her off and she could shop the way i do if she was willing to put in the time and effort. She isn't willing to do that so.....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

No one walked up to you and handed you a bunch of free products. You earned them by couponing and putting a lot of time and effort into finding good deals. Those ppl who want your hard-earned stock pile items are perfectly capable of doing the same thing. These resources are available to everyone! You have no reason to feel guilty or put on the spot. They should be ashamed of themselves. Do you go up to them on their pay day with your hand out asking them for some of the money they earned? It's the same thing.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by puzzlecat View Post
    No one walked up to you and handed you a bunch of free products. You earned them by couponing and putting a lot of time and effort into finding good deals. Those ppl who want your hard-earned stock pile items are perfectly capable of doing the same thing. These resources are available to everyone! You have no reason to feel guilty or put on the spot. They should be ashamed of themselves. Do you go up to them on their pay day with your hand out asking them for some of the money they earned? It's the same thing.
    well said!!!!!

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

I agree!!

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

Thread Information