User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    185 (100%)

I looked at Mexx and Thyme Maternity website to check prices... They sooo expensive, and I don't want to spend too much on clothes that I will only wear a few months.
    Help please!!
    This thread is currently associated with: Mexx, Thyme Maternity

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

I got mine from Motherhood Maternity. They do have clearance and sale items, so you should be able to find some things for cheaper than normal. Don't skimp out on maternity jeans though, you will loooooooooove them, they are worth every penny (mine were about $50 at Motherhood), but I'm sure you can find them a bit cheaper elsewhere too.

I didn't really pop until I hit the 6.5 month mark, so I wore regular pants, one size up, till then and same with shirts. Once I really popped though I needed the special maternity pants but my bump was on the smallish size, so I was able to make due with normal shirts just a size or two up, so you might find depending on how you grow that you may only need a couple of items...I needed a lot less than I thought I would.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Have you checked kijiji? I just sold a bunch and have seen several other ads in the past. For the amount that they're actually worn you can likely find some in pretty good shape. Mine were!

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sarajen View Post
    Have you checked kijiji? I just sold a bunch and have seen several other ads in the past. For the amount that they're actually worn you can likely find some in pretty good shape. Mine were!
    Yes i checked it but there is nothing

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by safielstar View Post
    I got mine from Motherhood Maternity. They do have clearance and sale items, so you should be able to find some things for cheaper than normal. Don't skimp out on maternity jeans though, you will loooooooooove them, they are worth every penny (mine were about $50 at Motherhood), but I'm sure you can find them a bit cheaper elsewhere too.

I didn't really pop until I hit the 6.5 month mark, so I wore regular pants, one size up, till then and same with shirts. Once I really popped though I needed the special maternity pants but my bump was on the smallish size, so I was able to make due with normal shirts just a size or two up, so you might find depending on how you grow that you may only need a couple of items...I needed a lot less than I thought I would.
    Thank you

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Try any second hand store I got most of my stuff at Talize don't know if there is one where you are.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Have you tried Old Navy? I only bought a couple of maternity tops, nice ones that I could bartend in because most of my dressy clothes didn't fit anymore. I lucked out at Old Navy, they were clearing out all of their maternity wear... I ended up getting 4 shirts, and one sweater for under $20!! Other than that I just wore my regular clothes and my yoga pants. I had boughten a belly band from motherhood maternity so I was able to wear all my jeans and dress pants unbuttoned and the band held them up. I would REALLY suggest trying out the belly band because it will save you from spending a lot on maternity pants. My other job gave me a pair of uniform maternity pants and I hated them... they made me feel like an old grandma. Pants halfway up to my breasts... hahaha.

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Have you tried Old Navy? I only bought a couple of maternity tops, nice ones that I could bartend in because most of my dressy clothes didn't fit anymore. I lucked out at Old Navy, they were clearing out all of their maternity wear... I ended up getting 4 shirts, and one sweater for under $20!! Other than that I just wore my regular clothes and my yoga pants. I had boughten a belly band from motherhood maternity so I was able to wear all my jeans and dress pants unbuttoned and the band held them up. I would REALLY suggest trying out the belly band because it will save you from spending a lot on maternity pants. My other job gave me a pair of uniform maternity pants and I hated them... they made me feel like an old grandma. Pants halfway up to my breasts... hahaha.
    My old navy doesn't carry maternity clothes That sucks because I always shop there!
    I was planning to get a belly band for my jogging and one maternity jean. I'll have to buy a maternity uniform too I work in a hospital. I hope it won't be too hard to find

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

I found Old Navy to be great esp when they do extra off clearance. I got some pants for 7.00 tops for 3-4.00

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The cheapest I found was in my husband's side of the closet! I even managed to look dressy enough for a Christmas school program where I worked. I had my black dress pants on (low waist pants come in handy for maternity too) and my husband's white dress shirt - and it looked good1
    Seriously though I could never bring myself to spend lots on clothes that I would only use a couple months so buying slightly bigger, second hand and my husbands clothes, temporally became my wardrobe.
    Earn Gift Cards With Me Click the link below
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/erin9mmm

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bibiee View Post
    My old navy doesn't carry maternity clothes That sucks because I always shop there!
    I was planning to get a belly band for my jogging and one maternity jean. I'll have to buy a maternity uniform too I work in a hospital. I hope it won't be too hard to find
    Yeah I lucked out on the maternity clothes, they were discontinuing them at that store so they were all killer prices!

You are still really early in your pregnancy though, so I wouldn't worry too much about buying bigger clothes. I didn't pop a belly until I was 24 weeks along, and didn't even buy my maternity tops or wear my maternity work pants until I was 7 months. I was a house though, I gained 45lbs ALL belly. My son was born 7.5lb, and the next day when I left the hospital I was already down 25lbs...

Trading Score
    185 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    Yeah I lucked out on the maternity clothes, they were discontinuing them at that store so they were all killer prices!

You are still really early in your pregnancy though, so I wouldn't worry too much about buying bigger clothes. I didn't pop a belly until I was 24 weeks along, and didn't even buy my maternity tops or wear my maternity work pants until I was 7 months. I was a house though, I gained 45lbs ALL belly. My son was born 7.5lb, and the next day when I left the hospital I was already down 25lbs...
    I'm not worry I just wanted to look for price and try to find the best deal possible You were lucky to lose 25lbs in one days!!!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I found great maternity clothes at walmart of all places! I also splurged and bought my jeans at Mexx, but it was well worth the money. They are the only jeans that would actually stay up!

Mochi
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I didnt get big at all, I just got 1 pair of jeans at Walmart and a pair of beige pants and a top from Value Village. I was able to wear tight skinny jeans until I was about 5 months pregnant....Also, all the weight I gained was in the boobs. I was a DD! I was almost falling over because my frame was too small for those kind of boobs. Walmart also sells nursing bras too.
    ~~Mochi monster, coupon stealer since June 2011~~

Join Swagbucks, or add me MeganMidd. Collect points to get cool stuff or money!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/MeganMidd

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bibiee View Post
    I'm not worry I just wanted to look for price and try to find the best deal possible You were lucky to lose 25lbs in one days!!!
    It was a LOT of water Whatever you do remember to rest, I didn't. I worked 60+ hours a week right up until I popped. The nurses scolded me for not resting, my legs and feet were HUGE and swollen. But on the plus side my labor went SO fast because of the fact that I was so active. My water broke, got to the hospital I was 9cm dilated, 17 minutes of pushing and he was out!
    And 25lbs in a day isn't as glamorous as it sounds It felt SO weird afterwards!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information