User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Danone Oikos Greek Yogurt

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I just tried the vanilla one. OMG it's good! Then I was in Costco to see what they had. The Liberté, they only had plain in the big tubs (and I wasn't paying $12 for 12 individual cups). The 0 fat kind was $7 something and was two 500 gram tubs. The 2% one was $5.69 for two 1 kg tubs, guess which one I bought?

Now I need to find a use for it. On its own I won't eat it, but maybe mixed with some fruit puree? I have some frozen strawberries in my freezer, might take those out and give it a go. I'm also thinking we'll try it tonight on baked potatoes instead of sour cream.
    I think Greek yogurt is really catching on; the Oikos was on sale last week and I could never find the vanilla one in stock. I got a raincheck for it, anyway.

I don't like plain yogurt either...have you tried drizzling it with some maple syrup or adding a dollop of jam? If you can flavor/sweeten it in some way, perhaps you can use it as a fruit dip? My boys will actually eat vegetables if there is dip involved. Should work for fruit too.

There are lots of recipes that call for baking with yogurt...I wonder how the liquid measurements would work? It might be worth a shot to use the plain yogurt to make a loaf cake in order to use it up.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I just opened up my tub of Liberté, I'm not nearly as impressed. It's not real thick and creamy like the Oikos. I just mixed some with some strawberries I had in the freezer for DH to try, let's see how that works!

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i absolutely hate yogurt, but the oikos and liberte are amazing. absolutely amazing
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just tried Astro Brand Greek yogurt, strawberry flavor and it wasn't bad, it's really thick. The label says all-natural ingredients, so no weird food coloring - it kind of looks like a pinkish drywall spackle! Anyway, I got a steal of a deal on it...on clearance at Coop for $1 and I had $1 off coupons. Free tastes good. I didn't like the plain Oikos, so I just stuck with a flavored variety with the Astro.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Liberty make oikos.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I just tried The Greek Gods honey-flavoured Greek yogurt from Costco. Two-650g tubs in a pack for $9.79. Worth every penny...very smooth and not too sweet. Give it a try and let me know what you think about it....

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

love it.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Banned
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I think ANY greek yogurt is my favorite now. Oikos turned me onto the whole greek thing. I love the strawberry 4 pack and now the pomegranate and raspberry is my favorite. So yummy.

PC has great stuff, but i find its too expensive as I buy the small containers. The big tubs of Liberte are a good replacement when Oikos is out of stock. Which is ALWAYS at my local No Frills. I actually had to talk to the manager to get him to up the order!!! Good Stuff!
    matrix82 likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by marstec View Post
    I just tried The Greek Gods honey-flavoured Greek yogurt from Costco. Two-650g tubs in a pack for $9.79. Worth every penny...very smooth and not too sweet. Give it a try and let me know what you think about it....
    This Greek Gods yogurt is now my preferred brand...I bought some Oikos on sale last week and I don't like it as much now that I'm accustomed to the other brand. I've been eating it with fresh berries - it is so good, I even have my non-yogurt-eating husband converted! The only ones I haven't tried are the Liberte and the PC brand.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information