User Tag List

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
    Trading Score
    30 (97%)

Quote Originally Posted by Decaf View Post
    You can still ask someone to sell it publicly for you. There's no way to find out. What I don't get is why did he forbid you to sell it when it's legally yours now. I am thinking maybe he just hoping you would toss that back into the blue bin so he can pick that up.
    I agree 100%, I say get someone else to sell them

Go ahead, I Dare You! Carlyfalls's Avatar
    Trading Score
    161 (99%)

sell them on ebay, the cops aren't going to search you out. Its worldwide, they aren't all one of a kind items :p

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    114 (100%)

what a pain in the Tush for you!! Just read your comment update on the mail event page.
    I would still look at donating them to a charity that will sell then to get the monetary value........ a win win all around.

Heck, why don't you ask your friend that is in the business to sell them on behalf of the children hospital, and then make the cash donation.
    Just keep a paper trail of what you have done and then no one can say you are profiting from this sale.
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/29636...6361680429066/
    Join Calgary Coupon Stacking Club Face Book page, for great info all about stacking your savings back into your pockets.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

Sell them, just not all at once, and of course not saying where you got them from. They would have been recycled if you didn't save them so I don't see what all the fuss is about! Don't feel guilty and don't think twice about saving other valuables out of the bins next time. I guess this is why people don't always do "the right thing" because it gets them in trouble for only wanting to help. I hope you get lots of money for them and put it towards something you will enjoy regardless!

Trading Score
    92 (100%)

I agree with taking them to a comic shop, that would be considered a private sale and you could sell them all at once.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avrose
    Check out Tangerine with my Orange Key!! 40411099S1

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, sell them. And if the nice officer emails you again, just say that since it was illegal to sell them or give them away, you had a nice bonfire with them in your back yard. And tell the officer that it seemed a shame to burn those Superman comics from the fifties, but you're sure there are still lots around and now your conscience is clear.

Hopefully you will make him cry.

Ripple Effect of Kindness Blk_rose's Avatar
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by TeriB View Post
    Yes, sell them. And if the nice officer emails you again, just say that since it was illegal to sell them or give them away, you had a nice bonfire with them in your back yard. And tell the officer that it seemed a shame to burn those Superman comics from the fifties, but you're sure there are still lots around and now your conscience is clear.

Hopefully you will make him cry.
    LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY!!!!!!

~The Ripple Effect of Kindness Project~

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I'm a bit confused.....who said not to sell them cause of germs? This sounds a bit odd considering thirft store shopping & storage container bidding is so big these days and everything is used including dust & germs.....I guess to me, this comic thing turned out to be such an unnecessary ordeal for you.....I don't see the problem with selling them to a comic store and be done with it!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    43 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Blk_rose View Post
    LAUGHING HYSTERICALLY!!!!!!
    I love it!! Glad to see it end with a good laugh.
    Last edited by SharonMe; Tue, Nov 29th, 2011 at 01:00 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by littlebean View Post
    sorry i don't have the time to read all 12 pages, but I just want to know, what about this "law" that she mentioned about not taking ANY materials out of recycling bins??? if thats true why do people go dumpster diving?? Can we do it legally, yes or no?
    It would be a municipal bylaw as the recycling program is managed by the municipality(city). You would get a ticket, not a criminal record if caught. So don't get caught.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post
    Wait until January, then we can all warm up together at the *official* Scers bonfire
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wait... So it is illegal to go through dumpsters??? Is it the same law for blue bags on the sidewalk - I've gone through blue bags before, but I don't want to be doing anything illegal... Hmmm please tell me its not!! :D
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    I'm a bit confused.....who said not to sell them cause of germs? This sounds a bit odd considering thirft store shopping & storage container bidding is so big these days and everything is used including dust & germs.....I guess to me, this comic thing turned out to be such an unnecessary ordeal for you.....I don't see the problem with selling them to a comic store and be done with it!

Could be that OP was referring to the idea of donating them to the children's hospital....some of those kids may have weakened immune systems and the risk of handling an unknown article from a recycling bin may be too great. I commend the OP's thoughtfulness in thinking about those kids who may not be feeling great...I am sure they would have really enjoyed reading those comics...maybe if you do make a few bucks, you could always buy something new and donate it.

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15

Thread Information