5 (100%)

wow

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

That is amazing!!! So excited for you!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

lol i can guess its probably some wife who is a neat freak and got tierd of the husbands colletion in the bsnt n wihtout thinking or asking first got rid of them.... i know this type of wife as my grandma is one of them and did the same thing to my grandpa except it was a trinket from Afica he had for like 50 years.....

Ripple Effect of Kindness Blk_rose's Avatar
    Trading Score
    82 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    lol i can guess its probably some wife who is a neat freak and got tierd of the husbands colletion in the bsnt n wihtout thinking or asking first got rid of them.... i know this type of wife as my grandma is one of them and did the same thing to my grandpa except it was a trinket from Afica he had for like 50 years.....
    I thought of this today....why else would someone throw away such well kept comics...they are all marvel in bags then boxed away. Not a finger print on the pkg even.

I am wondering if I posted an ad on kijiji if I would be able to find the rightful owner. I wouldn't feel right selling them without trying first..just in case. Though lord knows I could use the cash...lol

~The Ripple Effect of Kindness Project~

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

thats a noble think for sure im sure that owner would apprishiate that. why not track down the house the bins where behind? oh ya kijiji for sure.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

hrmm sounds like me someone decided to clean the closet of a collector (my first thought.. angry girlfriend/wife throwing out her partners comic book collection in a fit of anger)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    26 (100%)

Congrats - makes dumpster diving worth while

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

that is a great idea posting on ad on craigslist seeing if the owner is out there.. i'm sure the true owner if looking for them will easily be able to tell you a number of the titles (especially the more valuable ones!)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by idonovan View Post
    Could also be a Mom who tired of storing her 50 year old son's comics. I have an aunt who did that with her DS's baseball cards!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

you are just sooo.. awesome. if the owner is found you will know deep down in your heart you did the right thing. and if no one shows up.. at least you'll know you tried. ((hugs)) karma on you babe
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I think you are definitely right to try to find the owner first... when I read your brag, I was super excited for you (still am! it's a great find!) but I agree, someone clearly REALLY cared about those comics - and it may not have been the owner that threw them out (I'm thinking angry ex-(or soon to be)wife is pretty likely... or maybe just a "helpful" person who doesn't realize what they are worth). You should post an ad, and maybe put up a couple flyers in the area? Give it a month, and if no one claims them (with specifics!) I think you are in the clear to do with them what you wish. Good luck!

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

It very easily could be from an estate and the kids were cleaning out the attic. Just a simple ad in Kijiji about found comic books and requesting a people to call with a good description of quantity and type, etc. would be good. Don't give too much info or the wrong owner could claim them! Nice find. Good for you!
    LF: Chapman's ice cream and Dare coupons. DS has a peanut allergy so it's the ONLY ones we buy. Lots FT.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

You should also post a note on the blue bins/near the blue bins. If someone threw them away by mistake they'll be back to look for them

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    125 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Dinobuzz View Post
    WOW! The gang from Big Bang Theory certainly be jealous of your find!
    hahah so ture!!!

aswome to know ur trying to find the owner !
    great GOOD deed !!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wow! I hope for your sake it was just some person who really did want to throw them out! WTG! Very worth it! I had a dream the other day that I asked the recycling depot in town if I could go through every bag of recycling that came in and they said yes and I was finding all kinds of amazing stuff LOL!
    In 2010/11 I used over $7700 in coupons!
    My 2012 goal is $6000 in coupons!

:::Alee142010:::

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information