User Tag List

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By sweetmomma
  • 1 Post By sweetmomma
  • 2 Post By Midnightly

Thread: Leap Pad or Innotab?

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

i want to get something more educational that my 4 year old will use this year.

i have been looking at tablets or netbooks for him as he seems to like using our tablet and our computers.he knows how to work a dvd player and a computer.i am not going to buy my 4 year old an ipad or equivalent just because that is too expensive.

i looked at prices of the leap pad and they are around $90 and i saw vtech has one called innotab for around $79.i would prefer the cheaper one,just wondering does anyone have one already?

i know they are slated to be toys of the year,impossible to find already..

the innotab i can get off amazon right now,but leap pad is sold out.

?
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Apple

~just your average nerd~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I bought the leappad my two and half year old has already worked it out. It is really easy to use, however the battery does get used up really quickly, the apps are quite expensive and the storage capacity is crap. I have just reserved the innotab at argos at £63, because you can use a sd card, power point adaptor and has many more characters, the downloads are only £2.99 each. Definitely the innotab seems better also I can download all her peppering videos and any other movies on to the innotab so it can serve as a mini TV for her

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

I put a set of Duracell batteries in my son's Leap Pad that Santa brought him... and those batteries only lasted the day. It's giving me errors when I connect it to my laptop now, too (it didn't before). I think it's going back to the North Pole. My son LOVES using the iPod, anyway. I added a bunch of free & .99 apps to it and that keeps him entertained. I try not to let him on it for too long, tho'.... I'm worrying about eye strain......

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

I bought the LeapPad 2 for DS who is 3.5yrs old for Christmas. He seems to really enjoy it so far but he hasn't played long enough to use the batteries up yet. There is a battery recharger you can buy for it which is around $39.99 i believe. I chose LeapPad 2 because we love and enjoy other Leapfrog products and have an account. I didn't feel like downloading more stuff for a the Innotab.
    hogama likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Loves codes of all kinds hogama's Avatar
    Trading Score
    196 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetmomma View Post
    I bought the LeapPad 2 for DS who is 3.5yrs old for Christmas. He seems to really enjoy it so far but he hasn't played long enough to use the batteries up yet. There is a battery recharger you can buy for it which is around $39.99 i believe. I chose LeapPad 2 because we love and enjoy other Leapfrog products and have an account. I didn't feel like downloading more stuff for a the Innotab.
    Hi sweetmomma... I believe our boys are the same age! Where did you find the battery charger/cord for the leap pad? It's been giving me nothing but grief since Santa brought it.

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I've actually been disappointed in the innotab, especially since leap pad was releasing codes for free apps!!! The battery life is crap and the battery cover doesn't screw on so DS has lost it already
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    459 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hogama View Post
    Hi sweetmomma... I believe our boys are the same age! Where did you find the battery charger/cord for the leap pad? It's been giving me nothing but grief since Santa brought it.
    I have seen them at Toys R Us and Walmart as well as Indigo online if that helps!
    hogama likes this.
    Want to keep fit while earning incentives like Scene Points? Join Carrot Rewards using my personal code: rosaw3424

Easy Free Online Rewards--Paypal, Amazon, Etc.

http://swagbucks.com/refer/BlingPink

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

we have a leap pad and my daughter loves it.. she has had solid play with it for a year now (got for christmas last year) games are a tad expensive but they are good learning games (my daughter has discovered basic math from the tinkerbell game) we do rechargeable batteries saves a small fortune! (two sets one charger.. whenever one set is in the machine the other is on charge)
    sweetmomma and hogama like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Ipad!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We have the Innotab 3s. Honestly, pretty good, but I (and I think my kids) prefer an iPod for them.
    It's smaller, you don't have to worry about switching the cartridges (I download free apps for them, only).
    I'd go with an iPad, or some good tablet...just has more options, imo.

Thread Information