User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hello! Being a young female, I have dealt with facial hair for a few years now, especially chin/neck area as well as upper lip. I have used Laser before, but it all grew back. I have since been waxing every 2 weeks.
    I wanted to know if any of you have this problem, and what treatments, creams, etc do you use to remove the hair? I have fairly dark hair so it's gotten to the point where I have no choice but to do something. It's quite a hassle and really a pain in the rear!!
    Thanks!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I don't really have a problem with facial hair, but like most women I remove it! (with at home pre-waxed facial strips). Does your dark hair grow back faster than normal? Has it always done this? Do you think it may be a hormonal problem? Maybe you could ask your doc to test your hormone levels.
    I think if I had dark hair I would continue with laser but also wax it off when it grows back. Laser helps to decrease the growth rate of the hair follicle and the thickness of the hair shaft itself. Both will help to lessen the appearance of hair overtime! Keep at it!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

How about this new gadget? It seems to be getting really rave reviews...

http://www.triabeauty.com/info/profe..._term=10790344

It's not cheap, and I don't know what professional removal costs, but maybe in the long rurun it'll pay for itself. The No-No! evidently is only for finer-hair removal....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've heard about Tria but yes it's expensive. Im in pickle on how to treat this

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

there is a new cream that blocks the hormone...I even saw it on Dr Oz yesterday
    I am going for lazer--lots of $$$ and I guess I have a lot of coarse light hairs because there is still a lot after 3 treatments--another note my bikini line is looking great with lazer
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

why not electrolysis, it is lots of money too and another downfall as well it is so hard to find a good and honest electrologist as i tried most of them , they just pluck the hair and keep u going to them vs the good treatments u should see major results in a year and it is not like laser , it is permenant!

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Ah, the cream is called Vaniqa. And unless they brought it back to Canada in the recent months it's not available here. It use to be but then they pulled it. My gyno told me all about how they pulled such an amazing product because it wasnt selling well due to price and it wasn't covered by plans. But it may be back again, def something to check out!

I'm growing my stache for Movember.

Facial hair seems to depend on your ethnic background as well. Not many light blond ladies run around with dark hair on their faces for example. I was blessed with jet black hair, you get the point.

I wax, I dont use cream hair removers though...
    Last edited by Sally888; Tue, Nov 15th, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

Trading Score
    16 (100%)

laser is permenant
    My mom has gone for electrologist for yrs and never seems to be permenant--i am talking 40yrs!
    New mom October 2014!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I use nair, because I am afriad to wax on my own. I know it is very harmful and has lots of chemicals.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    Ah, the cream is called Vaniqa. And unless they brought it back to Canada in the recent months it's not available here. It use to be but then they pulled it. My gyno told me all about how they pulled such an amazing product because it wasnt selling well due to price and it wasn't covered by plans. But it may be back again, def something to check out!

I'm growing my stache for Movember.

Facial hair seems to depend on your ethnic background as well. Not many light blond ladies run around with dark hair on their faces for example. I was blessed with jet black hair, you get the point.

I wax, I dont use cream hair removers though...
    blah it happens to fair haired too...My sister is a blonde and has more facial hair than me, well she used to. I think mine might be medical because I have NEVER had facial hair at all until being in the hospital. Now I am finding really thick black hairs that grow randomly. I have one that grows on my cheek, a couple that grow on my chin, a few that grow on my neck, and I even have one that grows in the middle of my chest!!! I pluck them out like eyebrow hairs because those are the only really dark ones I have. I think another doctor appointment is in order, though I am sure they are sick of me by now...
    I also notice my leg hair has turned into man leg hair. I used to be able to get away with not doing them if I didn't want to because the hairs were fine and strawberry blonde coloured, now they are thick and black and coarse!! I'm also losing the hair on my head in scary amounts...I just don't get how I can lose hair in one place and gain it in another! *sigh* Some days I hate being female...Wouldn't life be easier if we could just let it all grow and not have to worry about it.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cliff View Post
    I use nair, because I am afriad to wax on my own. I know it is very harmful and has lots of chemicals.
    That is what my sister uses all the time. I am extremely allergic to it though.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

"Wouldn't life be easier if we could just let it all grow and not have to worry about it."

YES! I totally agree that would be sooo much easier. Although, to be fair, most men shave far more often than most women do...

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I never thought I had a hair issue, except for the random chin/neck/chest ones until my husband very gently asked me if I could remove my stash. I was horrified and removed it and still do. I am considering laser. I still wax or sometimes use my Epilator. Both are harsh, but work well. I am too scared to use nair on my face, but wouldn't mind decreasing the pain factor.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post
    blah it happens to fair haired too...My sister is a blonde and has more facial hair than me, well she used to. I think mine might be medical because I have NEVER had facial hair at all until being in the hospital. Now I am finding really thick black hairs that grow randomly. I have one that grows on my cheek, a couple that grow on my chin, a few that grow on my neck, and I even have one that grows in the middle of my chest!!! I pluck them out like eyebrow hairs because those are the only really dark ones I have. I think another doctor appointment is in order, though I am sure they are sick of me by now...
    I also notice my leg hair has turned into man leg hair. I used to be able to get away with not doing them if I didn't want to because the hairs were fine and strawberry blonde coloured, now they are thick and black and coarse!! I'm also losing the hair on my head in scary amounts...I just don't get how I can lose hair in one place and gain it in another! *sigh* Some days I hate being female...Wouldn't life be easier if we could just let it all grow and not have to worry about it.
    lol that was funny ! i thought am the only one who is losing her haid hair to other parts of the body !

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Abby5 View Post
    laser is permenant
    My mom has gone for electrologist for yrs and never seems to be permenant--i am talking 40yrs!
    i believe u, bec i mentioned before if the electrologist is not sincere in her job then it is just like plucking and it 'll grow even thicker and quicker!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information