User Tag List

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: A Potential Brag For Us All!!

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Thank you!! I am really proud of myself, but even more proud of the many people I have helped. I have supported several people in weight loss so far, supporting them while loosing a combined weight of over 1000 pounds!!!!!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Congrats Jenny, looks like you have come a long way - you look like a completely different person! Keep up the great work!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

wow way to go, just sent a request to join, need to lose about 40 lbs...

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Love seeing all the new members, make sure your clicking the link in my signature, there are 2 different FB pages, one is the older "page" style one, the other ( the one with the link in my signature ) is for the new Group!! The old one dosnt get updated!! Glad to have so many new people there!! Feel free to post any question and James, Colin and I are always there to answer questions or even for moral support!!
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I'm not a big Facebooker.. maybe I will have to check it out.

When I graduated highschool (2007) I was tipping the scale at just over 300lbs. By 2010 I was down to 190. My goal was 175 as I figured that was reasonable enough.

Well I got pregnant in 2010 and gained 60lbs. Not even sure how!! I didn't eat chocolate or sweets, I followed a vegetarian diet (mostly) and I still packed on the lbs. Especially in the last month... 20lbs!!

Don't know what it is but I've hit some sort of plateau because no matter what I am doing I am still sitting at 225 (25lbs lost since DS was born)... Kind of depresses me at times, I worked so hard for it and I feel like I let myself go. LOL. It's just harder to find the time to spend 2hrs at a gym when I have DS.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by shmeelady View Post
    I'm not a big Facebooker.. maybe I will have to check it out.

When I graduated highschool (2007) I was tipping the scale at just over 300lbs. By 2010 I was down to 190. My goal was 175 as I figured that was reasonable enough.

Well I got pregnant in 2010 and gained 60lbs. Not even sure how!! I didn't eat chocolate or sweets, I followed a vegetarian diet (mostly) and I still packed on the lbs. Especially in the last month... 20lbs!!

Don't know what it is but I've hit some sort of plateau because no matter what I am doing I am still sitting at 225 (25lbs lost since DS was born)... Kind of depresses me at times, I worked so hard for it and I feel like I let myself go. LOL. It's just harder to find the time to spend 2hrs at a gym when I have DS.

I know exactly how you feel!! I was also in the 300 pound range and I don't even know how I got there. It's so much easier for weight to go up than it is to go down. I also tried to eat healthier when I was pregnant, but I as well gained 80 pounds!!! My weakness when I was pregnant was that I did absolutely no exercise at all, since it was a high risk pregnancy. Despite not eating a huge amount of unhealthy foods, my body was use to exercise, and because I wasn't doing it, the weight just piled on!!

Your doing great though having lost 25 pounds already, and I know how it feels not to have time to workout with a child ( I have 3 ) but there are still things you can do that include your child. I saw in one of your brags that you are riding bike, thats awesome!! Another thing you can do is dance with your child!!! Full out dance like nobody's watching!! Make it a daily routine, set an hour aside and dance together, pick him up and dance with him and be becomes a "weight" My kids love our daily dance time!! Its a time we can bond, they can get exercise and I can get it as well!! Another thing I do through out the day is clenching my stomach muscles all day long. If I'm doing dishes or cleaning I clench them tight, hold for a few seconds and release, repeat through out the day. This will tighten your muscles, its like a crunch, works the same way. The most important thing is to find a balance between life and your health.. You can do it!!!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I missed this thread when it was originally posted so I am glad someone resurrected it!

Congratulations! What a fantastic brag! Sure hope you are damn proud of your accomplishment because you should be!!!
    "Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken." Oscar Widle

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Thank you, I am very proud of what I have accomplished and so honored to be able to support others!!

Frugalmom
    Trading Score
    108 (100%)

You are such an inspiration! Love your post about dancing with your kids! My sister has struggled with her weight for sooooo many years. I try to encourage her even if it is a pound lost!
    Open an account with Tangerine (ING) using my ORANGE KEY...29564343S1. When you open an account and deposit 100.00 you and I will both receive $25.00. Wait that's not all.....I will also send you 15.00 worth of coupons from your wishlist as a way of saying thanks.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalmom View Post
    You are such an inspiration! Love your post about dancing with your kids! My sister has struggled with her weight for sooooo many years. I try to encourage her even if it is a pound lost!
    Thank you, and yes, every pound counts. When I have a week where I only loose a pound, before I give myself a Chance to get down about it, I think about a brick of butter...... a whole pound of Fat. Its substantial when you look at it, its feels like a lot more when you visualize it. I am at the point now where I have a very minimal amount of fat left to loose, Im within my BMI for my height ( healthy weight ) but I would still like to tone and loose a few more pounds, but its really slow going because there just isnt a lot of it left, so even a pound makes me feel better. Its one pound in the right direction. A pound lost is much better than a pound gained!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

Is there a healthy weight ranged for 5'7" woman?

I like the washing dishes crunch...

I also tip toe up hold for 2 seconds and repeat; I do 50 reps each and repeat for a total 0f 200. Three times a day (morning/noon/night) or whenever I'd stand at the sink. I notice my calves got tighten up. For those first timers, you will feel the burning sensation when you do the 50 reps. That when your muscles are really working.

Good luck everyone.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    52 (97%)

Ideal body weight for women calculator:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links...l_bw_women.htm

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods

Trading Score
    47 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuse_2_PayFullPrice View Post
    Ideal body weight for women calculator:

http://www.healthdiscovery.net/links...l_bw_women.htm
    I would be very leary of this calculator. It told me I should be 25 pounds lighter than the upper range of what my doctor tells me is healthy for me. It would be very disheartening to try for this goal. It is better to look at a Body Mass Index chart. It gives a range of weights and you need to look for the chart for your age too. I will never be the weight that calc. gave me because I have "extra large" bone structure according to my wrist measurements.
    Last edited by chillys-willy; Sun, Sep 23rd, 2012 at 06:50 AM.
    Just joined Kiva.org, an organization that funds micro-loans to people in developing countries. I love the idea that the $25 I saved in groceries can be given to a fish woman with 5 children in the Philippines to help grow her business.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by IRefuse_2_PayFullPrice View Post
    Is there a healthy weight ranged for 5'7" woman?

I like the washing dishes crunch...

I also tip toe up hold for 2 seconds and repeat; I do 50 reps each and repeat for a total 0f 200. Three times a day (morning/noon/night) or whenever I'd stand at the sink. I notice my calves got tighten up. For those first timers, you will feel the burning sensation when you do the 50 reps. That when your muscles are really working.

Good luck everyone.

For a person who is 5 foot 7 a healthy weight would be anywhere between 119 and 159. That would be a body mass index from 18.5 - 24.9

There is quite a large range, because it takes into consideration the many different body types and amount of muscles a person has. Its not a perfect tool though its just a guideline. For example, a very slender framed 5 foot 7 person could weight 159 and appear to be overweight, where as 5 foot 7 person with a larger bone structure could weight 125 and look very under weight. But as a guideline, you are considered to be healthy in the BMI range of 18.5 and 24.9.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11

Thread Information