User Tag List

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

....... Ya.

I know I haven't been around much lately. Other things have been keeping me busy, but I knew this was the one place I could come where everyone would understand my frustration. I'm so angry right now that I'm calm, if you know what I mean.

Some of you might be aware that I collect coupons for both myself and my father. We have a bit of an odd situation where we live separately but he often shops for me due to illness. Generally I give him the ones I know he'll use and try to keep track of sales so I can give him the ones for things I need. The other day he wanted to go through them for any he could use, so I lent him my accumulation of coupons from the past few months. I'd literally filled a good sized 'suitcase' with coupons at this point. This 'suitcase' held the hairdryer I own when I first bought it. It was packed!

When I got the case back today, it was nearly empty. We're talking 90% of the coupons gone. At first I thought he had taken them for himself, so I mentioned that, which is when I found out that we apparently didn't need them.

... What?

Ya, apparently 90% of my coupons were TOTALLY useless for either of us.

WHAT?!??!?!?!?

Okay, so I totally get that there were a % that I'd probably never use... But he's aware that I've traded those kinds of coupons in the past. Beyond that, I have no idea what he is talking about. Cause you know, my opinion as far as coupons go is if I can use it or eat it, and I can get it for free or nearly free.... I'll take it! You wanna give me your brand of cookies for free? Alright, sounds good! Oh, A year's supply of shampoo and conditioner totally free with 4 coupons? Awesome!! And I'm pretty sure I've explained the concept of holding onto coupons for good sales to him as well. This just boggles the mind and makes me want to cry.

Because you know, I just gave him a stack of coupons the other day for that shaving cream sale at Shopper's. 8 bottles of brand name shaving cream for free. Something like $24 worth of savings, just on the sale price........

And you know, he's the biggest penny pincher I know after his mother. You'd think this whole coupon thing would compute without an issue like this. You'd think 'sure you can borrow my coupons to take the ones you can use' would mean just that, and not 'feel free to THROW THEM ALL OUT WHILE YOU'RE AT IT, TOO'. >_<

And the thing is... I'm really stressed right now. I have 3 fairly large things that I need to buy and pay for. I start school in January, which is a couple thousands dollars looming over my head already. And I need a new computer. And I've needed a new mattress for forever... But pssssh, you're right, Dad! I don't need those coupons..... Hah!! Money?!?! Just throw it out... I don't need that! /eyeroll.......

The thing that irritated me the most is he said to me... 'We're starting over [with coupon collecting]'. Oh, is that what we're doing?!?! You mean I'm going to have to start over, because apparently all the work I did to start in the first place wasn't good enough and just got thrown in the damn trash!!!! And apparently, that means I can just pull coupons out of thin air, because ya know.. Coupon sites don't have regulations on how often you can order them. And companies are totally willing to throw coupons for all their products at you if you just ask them. And ya, trades, well ya.. You don't need to have anything to trade back for those (and this by NO MEANS any sort of 'take pity on me' thread - Please don't in that regard). Oh, and stores are always fully stocked with the coupons you want at all times ~nod~ Yup, Dad... I'll just start over... So you can throw all my coupons away again!!!!

Ugh. Okay, I'm done. I'm sososososooooosooooooooooooo angry!!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    76 (100%)

i'm sooo sorry. i got really mad when dh ripped one of my fpc in half. he doesnt like the product it was for. he grabbed it out of my hand and ripped it in half. (he never did that again) i ended up giving it away in a vwt but i let them know beforhand it was ripped in half and taped back together and they chose to still take it. i cant even imagine having him throw them all out.
    Intergalactic Proton Powered Electrical Tentacled Advertising Droids!

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

awe, I really feel for you...I have a mess of coupons everywhere, and even though DH knows how much we save with them, he is always threatening to clean up the coupon mess by getting rid of some if I don't tidy them up, or whatever...
    I would HATE if he threw my coupons out, i swear I wouldn't even talk to him for a week if he did that, but I know he wouldn't dare..
    I can send you some, but it would be a random envelope to get you started again, to at least make a train or a bundle to trade, because mine are not organised, and i don't have time to look through them all to pick out specific ones...pm me your address okay?

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

p'm me your addy and I will send you a RAOK envie =)

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

Ditto!
    I have some extras lying around.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

PM your address, I have sooo many I won't use. Anything specific you want too?
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Oh wow, heads would ROLL at my house!

I understand what you mean about being SO mad that you are calm....eerily calm I bet!

Awww, I am sorry this has happened to you. Send me a PM with your address and maybe a jotted list of what you tend to buy or are looking for, and I will see what I can send.

Nexttime, I would be supervising the pops when he is going through your stash. Lol.
    Always looking for Kellogg's FPC & Playtex Vouchers

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

That sucks! It takes time to build up a coupon stash and maintain it. It's really frustrating to see all that hard work and even the value of the coupons just thrown out. You would of at least thought he would ask you before throwing them out.

I GOT GAME, DO YOU? gameprogirl's Avatar
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

I have a lot of coupons as well, I'll also RAOK if you pm me your addy!
    Join Ebates for cashback on all purchases!
    http://www.ebates.ca/referrer?referrerid=Hm3B6tvDY78%3D

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

seriously, he's your dad, but from now on keep a seperate collection for yourself, and just give him stuff he actually uses. he obviously didn't really get how important this was to you, and to avoid such heartache again, keep it seperate (but don't tell him, the last thing you want is him nagging you!)

can you put a list of your most needed coupons in your first post, so we can see if we have what you need?

take care, i hope you feel better soon!
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

I would also like to send you a RAOK!! PM your addy please!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

That's just awful.I could understand it they were expired coupons or coupons for products no longer in the stores being thrown out but not this.Just hold on to your coupons yourself never let him have access to your suitcase.Just hand him coupons for products you want him to buy you on his next shopping trip.He might get what he did was wrong if you ask for the monetary amount of the coupons.

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

You guys are just too much I really do appreciate all the offers for RAOK, but I just needed to vent. The offers are sweet enough ^^ I'll accumulate the darn things back in time. I think my 'last ditch effort' to get across to him that it isn't that easy to just 'start over' is forward him an email I made for a friend explaining what I've been doing to collect them (it's a good two pages long =P). And from now on, I'm treating him like a 3 year old when it comes to my collection!!

Thanks again all!

Thread Information