User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

This is why I dont' shop at Zellers Havent' in ages, can't stand the manager who's rude. Just to let u know if you get a call from the district manager, he will likly side with the store manager....

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Thinking seriously of writing a letter/email to the Chronicle Herald on this....don't know how a National Chain of stores that have a coupon policy will allow one store to discriminate against customer's who use legitimate coupon's.....not only can we only use one coupon per item...you can only use 1 coupon period! They tell you straight out it doesn't matter what the National Policy is, they are doing what they want to do....how can they get away with this...why isn't someone stopping this and it should be known to the entire public ....the more I think of this the more upset I am that they can get away with this...it is like telling the Head Office....&^%$#^& you! I don't know any business who can do that...especially a retail business!!! What do you guys think...should I write to the Chronicle Herald??????

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

yes quigly you should definitly write the paper

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    120 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    Thinking seriously of writing a letter/email to the Chronicle Herald on this....don't know how a National Chain of stores that have a coupon policy will allow one store to discriminate against customer's who use legitimate coupon's.....not only can we only use one coupon per item...you can only use 1 coupon period! They tell you straight out it doesn't matter what the National Policy is, they are doing what they want to do....how can they get away with this...why isn't someone stopping this and it should be known to the entire public ....the more I think of this the more upset I am that they can get away with this...it is like telling the Head Office....&^%$#^& you! I don't know any business who can do that...especially a retail business!!! What do you guys think...should I write to the Chronicle Herald??????

Absolutely you should They should just close that store now and start moving Walmart in ;0

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

will going to the paper actually get them to listen though? and will the paper even listen to you? why should the paper care about one store not following the "national" policy it does state in there flyer that they do have the right to limet quanities under the heading general.
    Last edited by Halgonian1985; Sun, Nov 20th, 2011 at 10:00 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Halgonian1985 View Post
    will going to the paper actually get them to listen though?

Yes it will, make them look really bad, not to mention that HO will have plenty to say, Even though the manager says //limits coupons,
    The suppliers wont' be happy with them for not letting customers use their coupons for their products...at that retail store/chain...if your only allowed to use 1 coupon. ( they must see a lot of 1 2 3 whichone is it going to be..) Everyone is out to make money, and this store seems they would rather go under than make a cent.

Limit amounts, on an item, not coupons..
    Last edited by grannyg; Sun, Nov 20th, 2011 at 10:09 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Just got a call back from Jason, store manager at Zeller's in CH...he states that we can use ANY amount of coupon's in the store...we have to follow what the coupon states ie 1 per transaction etc ( which is reasonable ), but has NEVER limited it to one per purchase etc ( hmmm we talked awhile on this )...states he doesn't know a Carol...so I described her to him. I suggested I fully understand about limiting an amount of item...similar to what Shopper's does...don't like it but understand it....he will ROLL all of this out to his staff today and tomorrow again and ensure that they understand what they should be doing. I explained that a LOT of people has stopped shopping at the store, that there is a lot of talk about the extremely poor service at the store....so let's hope this works. I also explained to him that I was so upset over the treatment here that I was going to go to the Chronicle Herald over all of this. So let's give him a day or two to straighten his staff and SUPERVISORS out and try this again to see what difference has been made. I am cautiously optomistic

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

Hmm, wonder if I'll get a call from him too then. I left my name and number on Saturday for him to call. I hope so I think its important for him to hear many voices and that later that day I bought the same items at Walmart with the price that Zeller's advertised but yet wouldn't let me buy 2 with a coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janne View Post
    Hmm, wonder if I'll get a call from him too then. I left my name and number on Saturday for him to call. I hope so I think its important for him to hear many voices and that later that day I bought the same items at Walmart with the price that Zeller's advertised but yet wouldn't let me buy 2 with a coupon.
    I REALLY REALLY hope he hears from other's...that will make SUCH an impact to him! He says he doesn't know any staff named "Carol" and I know that is what her name tag stated sooo unsure about that, but I described her to him so lets hope. Not sure he believed me though, told him lots of people have STOPPED shopping there and the coupon's were a huge item for people but also the poor service was an issue.
    Let us know if he calls you back He is working today...so you could always just call him now

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

maybe if anyone talks to him they should tell him to read the thread, then he will see just how many people they r upsetting.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Read this thread earlier in the day and while I was on facebook a few minutes ago this video showed up in my sponsored advertisers section off to the side. I thought of you Quigley... Is this your Carol? lol!

http://youtu.be/1LxFDuc9-uo

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

lol lol no not her lol

Trading Score
    113 (100%)

Hmm, I don't buy it. I was told the same thing that Manager, Carol Wright (or White) and manager, Jason had advised ALL staff NOT to accept more than ONE COUPON, PER PERSON, PER DAY and that you could not use coupons on sale items! Three cashiers told me that when we tried to get the Finish detergent on sale with coupon.

I'll stick to Zellers Mic Mac Mall location. My days of shopping at Cole Harbour are over! *sad*

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Peterman...I hear you....if it doesn't change, I WILL go to the Chronicle Herald! I will sit down and write a letter to them AND to Zellers' CEO in Toronto Ontario. I have already * yesterday" sent off two different email's regarding the problems in this store to Zeller's asking them to escalate it above the Manager and the District Manager Levels as they are NOT addressing the problem so we will see what that does as well. Glad to hear that you remember a "Carol" as well...Jason told me he has no Carol at the store...hmmmm thought that was odd!!!

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

So I spoke with Jason this am. He does not understand why there has been such issues with coupons and stated that he has spoken with staff and supervisors to accept coupons of course according to coupon wording (understandable). Also there should be no problem with multiple items ie./if you want 4-5 of something, but will probably limit some situations ie./ a cart full of an item, shelf clearers
    (understandable). Internet coupons, probably not, can't remember really. He also says they do PM anybody's (mostly) flyers AND will take coupons. He thinks that because they are a smaller store, clearance based, that maybe some cashiers thought the store was loosing $$ because of PMing, in some case this is but none the less he said they do do it. He says they do want our business and hopes to have things rectified immediately. He invited me to come shop again and then to page/call him with my experience. I mentioned that it is not just about coupons but a feeling of being patronized, argued with, and embarrassed that accompanies my transactions and I don't know if I want to go through that again when I can zip into other stores and zip out just as quickly with my purchase. Again, he hopes that we will, as he feels it will be better. I don't know about myself anytime soon, just yet, I'm not sure I want to play Pavlov's dog anymore......... but maybe one more time, it is awfully convenient.
    So Good Luck SCer's, and let Jason know your feedback, I do think it will make a difference.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information