User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Can someone please help me find the coupon policy for here in Moncton? I just had a bad experience and want to try to avoid it happening again.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

what store are you looking for? sorry you had a bad experience

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Sory. I was so frazzled i forgot to say. It's for Jean Coutu. The one not too far from the champlain mall. It would be great if someone could give me a phone number and tell me whom I should complain to. This is my first time and i'm not sure what and how to do it.
    Last edited by C.RoyCanada; Sun, Nov 20th, 2011 at 03:57 PM.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I think has it, I just can't access it from work, so I'm not sure....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    50 (100%)

As far as I know each jean coute is owned and operated by different owners and they can have variances in the coupon policy on what they will and wont accept. I hear complaints on the one closest to the mall often. The upper mountain rd is where I usually go and I have yet to have an issue with this location.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I haven't been to the ones in Moncton, I go to the one here in Sackville, and I've never had an issue, although I just found out that they won't accept a coupon if it's over the price of the item... which may annoy some people but I don't use my coupons to get overages, if I get them free great, I don't expect an overage... doesn't feel right to me... *shrugs*

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I think i just might try the other ones. How would I get a hold of the owner of the one I went to? It's a shame some companies are not more open to coupons. The less problems we are given the more money they would make in the long run. Isn't that the point of owning a business? Other then being your own boss and all those other good reasons.
    Last edited by C.RoyCanada; Sun, Nov 20th, 2011 at 11:39 PM.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Got $120 AGC. Joined end of FEB 2011. Join the fun!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/kappi

I've just join SUPERPOINTS, how about you ??? http://superpoints.com/wrpgs/7n547a

" <3 saving $$$ "
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Can you tell us what coupons you tried to use and what happen so we can help you out with the situation. Any complaints you have are to be taken up with the manager and they probably own that Jean Cotu. There should be no reason why they won't accept! (They get their money back anyway!)

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

first of all thank you kappi for the link. thank you to everyone else trying to help me. This is what happened. I went in to buy the 6packs of puffs that were on sale a week or 2 ago. i had a rain check. first they said i couldn't use a coupon with a rain check. then he said ok. the coupons were the save 3$ when you buy any puffs, royal or bounty product. I got them in a pack of paper towels. then they said they wouldn't accept the coupon cause it was more then the produck. i told him about marking it down. he looked at me like it was against the rules to mark down coupons. then he went to make a phone call. came back and said ok but i would have to make seperate transactions. i had 4 packs to purchase so i said ok. then he said i would have to use the 3$ coupon on the first transaction which would be for the 2 first packs and that i couldn't use any coupons for the other 2 packs. I asked him why and told him it doesn't make sense. he said cause the coupon is worth way more then the product. So i told him i would use the 1$ off ones instead. He said ok. that i would have to make 4 transactions. I agreed. the cashier rang in the first one and tried to enter the coupon at 1$. she said the cash won't accept it cause it is more then the product. I told them again about marking it down to 99cent. They wouldn't do that. all along the person that drove me there was getting realy impatient. he had to get somewhere important and was gonna not make it on time. finaly i got peed off and told them to forget it. that i will be back another day with a coupon policy and on a day when the workers know what they are doing. the cashier told me i could call the owner if i had any complaints. the cashier was nice the whole time but the manager was very condescending and rude in tone. lets just say i left there with a huge headache all over 4 packs of puffs kleenex.
    Last edited by C.RoyCanada; Mon, Nov 21st, 2011 at 02:08 PM.

" <3 saving $$$ "
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm not sure what all stores do, but if the item is less than what the value of the coupon, then they should just enter the coupon the same price as the item you are purchasing. OR give you the value of the coupon and then just buy something else so there's not a credit. They won't give money back like they way they do in USA. (however, I'm sure the store still gets reinburst for the whole value of the coupon from the manufacture)
    As far as doing three or four transactions that BS and so is telling you upfront you can't use a coupon with a raincheck. There must be a procedure in their Point of System book, so I would tell them to refer to that! Bunch of Ding Dongs. I would complain, that was just poor customer service overall!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    27 (100%)

I had that here last week with the Vim @ Sackville JeanCoutu, they weren't rude about it though, but they wouldn't lower the price down either so I didn't get it....

" <3 saving $$$ "
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just found a facebook group that explains it. Basically I was right about adjusting coupon value, but how cool Walmart gives you differance back? I like to see that!!!! http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...78562338890813

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

yup. walmart does do cashback. it happened to me several times. I knew that they don't do it at J.C. and didn't want money back. I never heard of a point of system book. i also knew most of what he was saying was bull. who should i contact to complain to? the link you sent is curently unavailable but i will try it again tomorrow
    Last edited by C.RoyCanada; Tue, Nov 22nd, 2011 at 12:36 AM.

" <3 saving $$$ "
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The link won't work if you don't have a facebook account. I clicked it and didn't work but when I logged in it did. This is what it said..

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?not...78562338890813

Overages:
    A few months ago Walmart updated their policy to allow for coupon overage. Coupon overage happens when the shelf price of the item is less than the listed price on the coupon. For example, if you have a $1 Crest coupon and the shelf price for the Crest is $0.97, you will get $0.03 in overage. Walmart is the only store that allows for overage in their policy. They will literally hand you the $0.03 back (if you don’t owe any tax).
    Since no other stores have it spelled out in their policy, sometimes you will get overage and sometimes you won’t. Some stores adjust the value of the coupon down (in this case they would adjust the $1 Crest coupon to $0.97) and some stores just refuse the coupon completely. That’s why it is so important to check to see if there is a copy of your store’s coupon policy available for you to print. Most policies do state that the coupon can be adjusted down.
    If you are using coupons that might give you overage, it’s important to have items in your order to observe the overage. Most stores will not give you cash if your total is in the negative. For example, if you were buying that box of Crest toothpaste at a store that might allow you overage, you should buy an additional item (such as a stick of gum), that would absorb the 3c overage you might get.
    Never expect overage. Be happy if you get it, but don’t bank on it. It’s one of those things in couponing that sometimes works out and sometimes doesn’t. It would be so nice if every store policy spelled overage out for you (like Walmart does), but I don’t see that happening anytime soon.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information