User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

just a question.i have wrecked so many nice bras and panties by washing them in the washing machine...sometimes i get lazy and throw them in and sometimes i was them by hand.i wish i could wash them all by hand but sometimes i need underwear and just wash them as it is quicker in the wash...

do you always wash yours by hand? or do you wash them in the washing machine?

this is more for women i guess but hey,maybe some men wash theirs a certain way too...
    This thread is currently associated with: Guess
    Last edited by TudorChick; Wed, Nov 23rd, 2011 at 12:35 AM.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

In the machine. On occasion when I remember I throw them in the bag for them that prevents them from snagging in the washer.....Tide makes one for 5 bucks. Just cant be bothered to wash by hand.
    gone shopping!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by BCSparkyGirl View Post
    In the machine. On occasion when I remember I throw them in the bag for them that prevents them from snagging in the washer.....Tide makes one for 5 bucks. Just cant be bothered to wash by hand.
    What's this bag called? never noticed it.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

If you have a gentle or hand wash function on your washer, use that. Makes a big difference. And hang dry.

Quote Originally Posted by missanna View Post
    What's this bag called? never noticed it.
    Tide Bra Bag from what I gather. Lots of companies make bra bags. Should be fairly easy to find. You can also check where bras are sold, too.

Edit: There's also a Tide Bra Wash Bag. And on the Tide site there's a Tide Smart Wash BraBaby, too. Interesting contraption, lol.
    Last edited by slayer_glade; Wed, Nov 23rd, 2011 at 01:38 AM.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i hand wash all my bras! i keep a small bottle of laundry soap in the bathroom for this.. when you pay $100+ per bra you do everything you can to help them last longer!
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i hand wash all my bras! i keep a small bottle of laundry soap in the bathroom for this.. when you pay $100+ per bra you do everything you can to help them last longer!
    Whoa where are you getting them for that price? speciality made?

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

i have to buy bras at a lingerie store... regular stores don't sell cup sizes above a DDD (even sears doesn't carry anything over an H-and even a sears H isn't a true H) so i have to pay through the nose and get high end bras (i'd LOVE to be able to pick up a bra for $30 if i could do that i'd have 15 of them lol instead of 3)
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i change underwear often,but every time i wash it,i am really not sure whether it is clean after i wash...
    newfrog.com

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I toss them in the washer in a laundry bag! Bras and undies.
    Air dry- they always come out good as new.

But anything lacy gets hand washed!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

okay all you guys talking of bags..a regular mesh bag should do or no?

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

I use something like this but with zippers.

I put all my bras & undies in one - it makes it a lot easier to hand dry if they are all in one place! Cardigans/knit sweaters in another - so they don't get stretched and mangled, and delicates in another.

Oh I use one for socks too.. because I hate loosing them and fishing for them!
    Get a $5 sign up bonus @ EBATES.ca -------------------- Come join me on WAGJAG!
    P.S. The cash out minimum for Ebates is $5.01!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    235 (100%)

Plain everyday panties...washer on hot or at least warm water and in the dryer...have had the same ones for 4+ years..(although I need to get some replacements of older ones now)

Specials and bras...washer on hand wash or delicate in cold water...and into the dryer on delicate or air only(no heat)...

When I had a toploading washer, I used the mesh bags. Got them from a dollar store. No that I have a front loader, I don't use the bags; things just don't get as abused.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

The really dainty/special ones I handwash with Woolites delicates (comes in small bottle). Everyday undies go in hot water wash in the machine.

Trading Score
    44 (100%)

to me it depends on the cost. My expensive bras ($80+) and panty sets get handwashed with a lingerie soap I got from the lingerie store but Woolite probably works just as well. My other bras go in the washer on hand wash cycle with Woolite. ALL get hung to dry. It's the heat from the dryer that ruins the elastic. I also use a lingerie bag in the washer.
    You know you want free stuff too! Join Swagbucks with me http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/cdiddy1

Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    i have to buy bras at a lingerie store... regular stores don't sell cup sizes above a DDD (even sears doesn't carry anything over an H-and even a sears H isn't a true H) so i have to pay through the nose and get high end bras (i'd LOVE to be able to pick up a bra for $30 if i could do that i'd have 15 of them lol instead of 3)
    Me too! I go to that special store on Fort Street, the one that's in a little old house that's been renovated, Fort towards Oak Bay. The only thing I get in "regular" stores is bottoms and pajamas.

To protect this investment I also hand wash. Everything else goes in a couple of little underwear bags I got for free from La Vie en Rose sometime ago...I think if you're going to put bras in the wash it's worth it to put them in a little mesh lingerie bag, otherwise they can get bent, tangled, and hooked on everything else. Also, avoid drying bras at all cost-the elastic will get broken down over time and they can get bent, depending on what any underwiring/boning is made of.

Follow me on Pinterest!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information