User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

So I was looking at the fuel gauge in the basement and noticed we need oil. I should have filled up at the end of summer back when it was about 0.90/L (at discount fuel), but I got really sidetracked. Now that I checked back it is now 0.98/L. I don't want to be locked into monthly equal billing with the bigger companies cause their fuel is generally 8 cents more per liter or so. (I put aside in a different savings account until I need to get fuel). Have any of you seen any better deals on home heating oil? Last year I did the research on all the different companies but was hoping someone had a better deal than what I found at Discount currently?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I just called around, when I had an oil tank. The best rate at the time was Cozy Fuels.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Another lower priced one is Aabel Fuels - Dartmouth

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

I'm unfortunately stuck with Irving since we lease a furnace and water heater from them. However, they do offer a .03 per litre discount for government employees, maybe others too. Never hurts to ask! It was five years before I realized they offered that.

Coupon Mama
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Wish our prices were that low we pay $1.04 a litre for home delierey only if we get $500 at a time. I guess thats the down fall of living in the country!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I called around this morning and pretty much everyone I called was $0.979 (out of the discount oil places). But interesting fact - if anyone finds a better deal than Cozy Fuels they PM.
    Blog. Open an account with Tangerine (formerly ING-Direct) using my Orange Key (40643422S1), deposit $100 and we both get $50! Offer is available until December 31st. Check here for more details.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I have a few friends who swear by Save on Fules

Trading Score
    239 (100%)

We deal with Bluewave...mainly because they give Air Miles, as well as a rebate at the end of the season from the Canex (for military employees, works out to approx 6c per liter...better than a kick in the arse! )

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    152 (100%)

My husband works for Bluewave's company...they do offer Airmiles as Nadia said, and as far as he knows, you can call them and tell them so and so is offering the oil at $x and they should price match to get you as a new customer, or retain you as one if you are with them already. Be thankful you are in the East, we are in the west, and he delivers the oil and said it's 1.28/liter here

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Litesandsirens911 View Post
    Be thankful you are in the East, we are in the west, and he delivers the oil and said it's 1.28/liter here
    Geez, I guess that is something to be thankful for - that the price isn't $1.28/L.
    Last edited by alicia; Thu, Nov 24th, 2011 at 12:50 PM.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Another thing that doesn't hurt to try is asking for a cash discount.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

When we had our's filled, it cost $1.04L,, I though the old fellow would drop dead of a heart attack... So he is also going to call around when it is time to fill it up again,,,But tks for the heads up on the Discount ones.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Although Bluewave Energy gives airmiles it was $1.07/L versus the discount prices I looked up ($0.97/L) and I'm not military so no dividend back. It isn't worth it to me to spend an extra $80 (or so) per fill up to get airmiles. Also I asked Bluewave to price match and they said it wasn't an option. I asked for a discount for cash, and Affordable Fuels would (I think - I called so many places) but it was only half a cent per liter - so wasn't worth the $4 savings to switch.

Even though I ordered through "Discount Fuels" the truck that delivered it was "Superline" so really it's just a whole bunch of different names with the same overall boss - at least in the city when you call them it all goes to the same answering service for the cheaper places.

Trading Score
    394 (100%)

The last 2 times I filled up with Affordable Fuels I paid $.89/L and $.91/L. Cash discount price.

Tiger Kat
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Zonny View Post
    I'm unfortunately stuck with Irving since we lease a furnace and water heater from them. However, they do offer a .03 per litre discount for government employees, maybe others too. Never hurts to ask! It was five years before I realized they offered that.
    A lot of people make this mistake....just because you are with Irving, does NOT mean that you have to buy your oil from them too! There are many many cheaper oil prices out there. Irving would be my last choice.

Ask yourself this...how would Irving know if you got oil from a different company? It's not as if they can sift the oil and say this isn't Irving branded oil. lol If you're still leery of getting oil from a different company, then only "top up" with them once every 3 or 4 months and go with another provider in the meantime.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information