User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
    Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

What I mean by No buy, is: their is always a sale somewhere.
    At this price don't buy the 24 double rolls, but the six rolls pack
    But as couponner, you should never be on this end... It's the first law of couponning: stock up well on sale price, enough to survive until the next sale cycle and even a little more.
    I'd rather be using old flyer than buying full price for something I throw away Joking, if you need it, you need it.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

I understand Saradouce!

But I have to consider one other thing in case of emergency because a 2yrs old guy decided to be and do what a 2yrs old guy is supposed to be, to do and try!!!!

I'm far from store, I'm not in the city. And will probably not spend the saving in gas if I have an emergency!!! (I need to figure if the hour lost and the extra 40km worth it)...

Unfortunatly I don't stock-up alot on TP because of the space I have... And because I don't want a 2yrs old guy (help with his brother who find it very cool and fun) un-roll 3 or 4 pack of toilet paper in 15 minutes!

So I let the stock of TP as low as possible... I call that damage control. to avoid lost of the stock pile lol!

We all have our reality

But I totally understand you point, in few month I will be able to restart doing that little guy will be trained properly! for now this is not a good idea!
    Last edited by 2010ontest; Mon, Nov 28th, 2011 at 03:01 PM.
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Went last week at Laprairie's Maxi and the cashier asked the supervisor to "stay with her just in case" when she explained to me that it was one per household.
    When I asked her if there was a problem, she told me it was one per household. The fact that she asked for help of her manager to explain the situation to me was really disturbing. She made me feel like she didn't feel safe with me. I never saw that cashier in the past and I am always very polite with cashiers.
    They allowed me to take one Finish Dry.
    She said that Maxi took a hard hit on that deal (?). She said that custumers took advantages of Maxi??? She asked me where I took my coupons and when I said Loblaws, she tried to confiscate them! I told her very politely but firmly that these coupons were mine. When I left, I heard her say to another cashier: "Chek her face, it's one by family so she won't be allowed to buy another one." Does anyone else feel like criminals when they try to use coupons?

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Wellan View Post
    Went last week at Laprairie's Maxi and the cashier asked the supervisor to "stay with her just in case" when she explained to me that it was one per household.
    When I asked her if there was a problem, she told me it was one per household. The fact that she asked for help of her manager to explain the situation to me was really disturbing. She made me feel like she didn't feel safe with me. I never saw that cashier in the past and I am always very polite with cashiers.
    She said that Maxi took a hard hit on that deal (?). She said that custumers took advantages of Maxi??? She asked me where I took my coupons and when I said Loblaws, she tried to confiscate them! I told her very politely but firmly that these coupons were mine. When I left, I heard her say to another cashier: "Chek her face, it's one by family so she won't be allowed to buy another one." Does anyone else feel like criminals when they try to use coupons?
    Really wow!!! They get money back for every coupon so don't let tham make you feel like a criminal. I'm sick of ppl like us who do honest couponing pay for the ones who fraud coupons

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maryboberry View Post
    Thanks for the heads up on the TP, it is the one item I find so hard to shop for. I never think I am getting a great deal. I bought the Charmin 12 double rolls from Uniprix @ $4.99- $2.50 WUB2= so roughly $3.75 each was that a good deal?
    BTW went to Maxi in Dorval, cashier was refusing my coupon. When I pointed out that it said dishwashing detergent and was not specific, she went to her manager and he only let me buy 1!!!! So frustating, pointe claire was out, and at this location only got 1. Arggg!!!
    I don't have the Charmin coupon I did before but can't remember how I got these coupons!? Can you fill me in

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Has anyone gone back to Maxi in Lasalle - just wondering if by any change they restocked on the finish?

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    But if you need it, you need!

And when you are 6 at home and a little one 2yrs old fun is to un-roll all the toilet paper roll. You maybe be in an emergency and need toilet paper more rapidly then expected
    I can relate...sort of. Except in our case it's one of my dogs (the one in my avatar). He's about 7 years old, 70lbs...so certainly not a puppy...but just loves to chew on toilet paper rolls .

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    I'd rather be using old flyer than buying full price for something I throw away
    Omg, that's too funny, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Wellan View Post
    I wonder if she's the cashier that let customers go through with 17 and 27 Finish on Thursday ? For sure she'd be nervous after how I was told the manager freaked out, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by kelly25 View Post
    I don't have the Charmin coupon I did before but can't remember how I got these coupons!? Can you fill me in
    Maybe from the P&G website? https://www.brandsaver.ca/en_ca/coupons/
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saradouce View Post
    What I mean by No buy, is: their is always a sale somewhere.
    At this price don't buy the 24 double rolls, but the six rolls pack
    But as couponner, you should never be on this end... It's the first law of couponning: stock up well on sale price, enough to survive until the next sale cycle and even a little more.
    I'd rather be using old flyer than buying full price for something I throw away Joking, if you need it, you need it.
    So my dearest toilet paper consultant Saradouce, you think I made a bad purchase on this TP purchase then? I should've waited and not wasted my Charmin coupons??? Sorry, I'm so confused!!!! I appreciate all your help. Thank you, I learn so much from you.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    35 (100%)

Hi!

I have a 3$ coupon for Finish so my question is : does Maxi accept overage?

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Rigolade77 View Post
    Hi!

I have a 3$ coupon for Finish so my question is : does Maxi accept overage?

If you buy other things you shouldn't have a problem. I did last week

Somewhere between Sherbrooke and Montréal
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maryboberry View Post
    So my dearest toilet paper consultant Saradouce, you think I made a bad purchase on this TP purchase then? I should've waited and not wasted my Charmin coupons??? Sorry, I'm so confused!!!! I appreciate all your help. Thank you, I learn so much from you.
    Oh My ... TP consultant... not sure if I like the way you refere to me ;P
    IMO Charmin wasn't a bad deal at all. It was not the best this week, that's all...
    Don't worry, unless you have a Familiprix in your area and the 1$ coupon for enviro plus TP, it was the best deal (Cottonnelle is only 16 sheets ahead ).

If you need more Charmin coupon, I'll give you some. I have too much!!
    Have a great day
    !!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread Information