User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: socks and purses

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Honestly, if my socks get holes in them, I still wear them until they really wear out, like the heel is gone etc. If the socks are fancier like toe socks I will try to fix them.

As for purses. My most expensive purse cost about $36, and after four years it is still going strong. I have about three purses. I am not a purse person to be truthful. I am a wallet person. When I find a wallet I like, I usually buy an extra one. The last wallet I got for 0.96, it was on clearance at Bentley's. They had two, so I bought a second one. I like a wallet that is all zippered so nothing falls out. My first one is still going strong after three years.
    Try out the maven box by julep And code FREEFB, and get your box for one cent:
    Use this link
    http://www.julep.com/rewardsref/index/refer/id/2287/

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by matrix82 View Post
    Honestly, if my socks get holes in them, I still wear them until they really wear out, like the heel is gone etc. If the socks are fancier like toe socks I will try to fix them.

As for purses. My most expensive purse cost about $36, and after four years it is still going strong. I have about three purses. I am not a purse person to be truthful. I am a wallet person. When I find a wallet I like, I usually buy an extra one. The last wallet I got for 0.96, it was on clearance at Bentley's. They had two, so I bought a second one. I like a wallet that is all zippered so nothing falls out. My first one is still going strong after three years.
    My purse is five years old and still going strong! got it at Walmart for $20.99... still waiting for the strap to break.
    matrix82 likes this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so all those sox that i darned got holes in them again!
    im done with them
    gonna toss them darn sox in the trash ain't worth my time to darn em
    and have holes in em after a few usages.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I do not darn socks, really who does anymore? I get them from Dollarama so they are cheap. As for purses. well that's a WHOLE other story. I like quality bags and I find they hold up better. I've lucky enough to own LV, Fendi and the like. DH thinks I warped.....possibly!!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Update: one of my purse straps is literally hanging by the thread
    the damn thing will just not snap off
    im still using it everyday and refuse to get rid of it
    got it at Walmarts for about $20.00
    i still have three brand new purses sitting in my closet waiting to be utilized.
    MamaF likes this.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I laughed at this thread. Have you ever heard the joke about darning socks? You hold it over the garbage can, let it fall and say "darn sock" LOL

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Purse and socks should be in good condition i never darn my socks.i can't understood why people wear darn socks.
    both shows our value and not much expansive easy to shop.

=================
    buy clothes |
    Purchase clothes online |
    buy shoes |

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I have three teenaged boys and a husband here. I buy at least 12 pair of socks for each, all the same, so when one is lost or gets a hole in it, the other one will still match something. One gets Fruit of the Loom, one gets Starter and one gets Champion so I know what sock belongs to who (hubby's are black or grey, the kids' are white). I won't wear socks unless I have to, but the ones I buy are expensive (I have size 11 feet......cannot stand when they bunch up in my shoe when I walk). I have had little success with men's socks fitting as I have long narrow feet, so the ones I buy are from a specialty store. The last bunch were $7 a piece and I will darn them when the time comes! Hopefully there will still be enough good fabric around the hole to sew!

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    180 (100%)

Like some of the other posters, I only buy each person one kind of socks, so they'll always match. I HATE matching up socks out of the laundry. When we get a hole, I find one that looks 'ready to go' so I get rid of a pair at a time (I can't stand 'rogue socks') but I do take them out to the garage, where they are really handy little rags, especially for engines, car parts, tires, rims, bbq's, etc and when they get totally wrecked, there is no love lost if I have to chuck them.
    MamaF likes this.
    Raisin cookies that look like chocolate chip cookies are one of the main reasons I have trust issues.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i finally did it! i couldn't stand it anymore.... my purse was literally hanging on a thread
    and the shoulder straps were down to the last wire
    what tempted me was a purse i saw on sale and i had to have it
    $24.99 plus tax
    that's my weakness, handbags!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I hate wearing socks of any kind but sometimes you have to. A friend hand knitted me several pairs and I loved them but I didn`t know not to put them in the dryer. Now they would fit a kid. I can`t knit anymore but last week I bought a sock loom. I`m working on my second pair of socks and can`t wait til it`s cold enough to wear them. After putting all that work in them, not to mention the expense (it`s much cheaper to buy them.) I don`t know, I might darn them.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I always toss holey socks as they are cheap and i have soooo many. Socks for christmas anyone? x-x
    I own many unique purses and would probably donate or toss if it broke.
    time goes by like a shooting star ~

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Last edited by frugal50; Tue, Jun 26th, 2012 at 05:25 PM.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

so today, i sewed four of my socks which had a small hole on each of them
    still in very good condition, not going to throw it away!
    MamaF likes this.
    You can't change other people. You can only change yourself"
    - H. H. Getter

when we change our attitude, we change our lives

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just throw out my socks when they start to develop holes. I don't want to take off my shoes at someone else's home and have holes in my socks.

I have tons of purses. I typically use one that I really like for awhile and then switch up to a different one. When a purse starts to look yucky, I then throw it out. I don't want stuff that isn't in good repair.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information