User Tag List

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Hi all! I just joined SC and I think it would be great if we could continue to share some more of our favourite recipes. Some of you might have come across some new ones over the holidays. Here are some of my favourite cheap recipes:

RIBS - Buy some of those cheap pork riblets, cut into pieces and boil in water for a few minutes. Drain. In a bowl mix 1-1/2 cup boiling water, 4 tbsp. soya sauce, 4 tbsp. brown sugar, 1-1/2 tbs. molasses, 2 cloves crushed garlic. Pour over the ribs and cook until the sauce is thick like molasses. Stir often. Be careful not to overcook and burn the sauce. Delicious!

MARINATED CARROT SALAD-Easy if you make carrots one day for supper, and then make the salad with the leftovers!
    Peel and slice 5 cups of carrots. Cook, drain and let cool. Add 1 cup diced celery, and 1 medium diced onion. In a bowl combine 1/2 c salad oil, 1 c sugar, 1 tsp prepared mustard, 1 can tomato soup, 3/4 c vinegar. Combine with carrot mixture and let sit 24 hours. Lasts up to two weeks in the fridge!

NO BOIL LASAGNE
    SAUCE MIXTURE - Saute 1 medium diced onion with one clove crushed garlic in 1 tbsp oil. Add 1 lb. ground beef, brown and remove excess fat. Stir in 2-14 oz. cans spaghetti sauce, one can mushrooms with the liquid, 1/2 cup water, and 1 tsp oregano. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
    CHEESE MIXTURE - In a bowl combine one tub of cottage cheese with 1/3 cup parmesan cheese, 1 beaten egg and 2 tsp oil.
    DIRECTIONS - Spread 1/3 of the sauce mixture over the bottom of a 9 X 13 in pan. Cover with 1/3 of the pkg (375 grams) of uncooked lasagne noodles. Cover with 1/3 sauce mixture. Cover that with 1/3 lasagne noodles. Cover with cheese mixture. Cover with last 1/3 of lasagne noodles. Cover with last 1/3 of sauce mixture. Top with mozarella cheese and cover with foil. Bake at 375 degrees for about 45 minutes. Uncover and bake another 15 minutes. Easy and feeds about 8 people!

STRAWBERRY PUNCH
    In a punch bowl combine 2 cups frozen diced strawberries, 2 cups cold tea and 1/2 cup sugar. Add 2 cans pink frozen lemonade (no water) and 2 big bottles of gingerale. DO NOT ADD REGULAR ICE CUBES. It's best if you make ice cubes out of pink lemonade ahead of time. Easy and delicious!
    <!-- / message -->
    This thread is currently associated with: The Bargain Shop

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

thanks l am going to try the ribs

Thread Information