User Tag List

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

For those that have always wanted a website of your own this one is great. They do put one banner at the top but it isn`t a big deal. You could share family photos, brag about your stockpile, Make a family meeting place just for family with a shout box to chat in, make a business website or all the above. The back ground templates are easy... you click on the one you want and add pictures in a way that is very similar to facebook. http://welcome.webs.com/ Heck if you want you could build a family site for christmas or all the above, i have built a few of them and i am a card carrying member of technotardsanonomous!
    Good luck!
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I tossed one together in 10mins and it I could build on it but this is just to show you how easy it is. http://cheekysaver.webs.com/

By the way if you use the webs domain it is FREE so the whole thing start to finish cost me not a penny.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I use Hyper PHP for free web hosting. No ads whatsoever. Free MYSQL databases and PHP ready, so you can easily integrate a Wordpress Theme or make your own. It uses CPanel, which is easy-peasy for beginners.

Webs.com is good, too, but unfortunately it, like Weebly and the like, are very limited. But it's definitely good for basic sites.

There are a lot of free web hosts available, it really depends on what you want it for.

You can also score a free domain name from co.cc (the domain is "yourname.co.cc" which is slightly shorter than a sub-domain of "yourname.webs.com" and easier for people to remember).

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

oh wow that rocks... i will have to try that too. When i was trying to find a free website the goal was totally free and user friendly. I already have the mysql stuff for my djing software and that domain deal is great... thanks so much for your imput the more info we have the better.

Addicted To Laughing Cow TrixyLuxx's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (79%)

thanks

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Ok i am on the site that Kyeste gave us and the very cool and awesome thing is it really can teach you how to build a website from scratch. Perfect for those that have some experience with paint programs. I am going to do it so i know how to build them from scratch for the future but it will take more time to build. I do beleive it will have more features like buttons and such however if you need something very basic and easy with the templates because you need something fast that is easy to build the webs might be right for you too. It really all depends on your skill level with the webs you pick the background and add in the features with a click of the button and the rest is all just loading in pictures and links and text where you want.

With the hosting KB there is a required mysql installation and that in itself can be tricky to get working right. I have installed mysql at least 10 times on computers (i have helped friends set it up) Once i had to get a techie friend remote in and he had to install it 8 times to get it working right. He had a great deal of experience with the mysql and still had the same problem. There are tutorials on the site that will make alot of it manageable but it is for a slightly more advanced user.

When deciding pick based on your time line, Skill level including paint programs, If you can live with adds on your free site.
    Last edited by cheekysaver; Mon, Nov 28th, 2011 at 11:50 AM.

Thread Information