User Tag List

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I use to run a food drive at work and this year I want to go further and donate items like body wash, soap etc from my stock pile but it seems like most charities only take food items.

Any one know a charity that takes food and other household items? Specifically men stuff cause I have a lot of men's deodorant and body wash to donate.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hospice Niagara is a good place to donate these things. My mom passed there with cancer last year and they use things like that for families that don't want to leave their loved ones near the end of their journey so they can freshen up and take a shower, ect.... just a thought

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I actually called the food bank today and they do take toiletries, cleaning supplies etc but no over the counter medicines. I will be sending my stuff there. I think I might try to do a pet donation on my own too in January too.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

I took a bunch of toys to Community Care ... the meds I took to "not just tourists" they get them to poor countries that have no meds.. cereal I'm donating to the breakfast program... they also do stockings for 100 people so I am donating toothbrushes, shaving cream, toothpaste, hot chocolate mix and deordant..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Be sure to double check your flyer, points and cashback offers~ YMMV

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

Millie that is awesome i did not know about not just tourists, i will have to google that

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cpals View Post
    Millie that is awesome i did not know about not just tourists, i will have to google that
    Yeah they are a very active group.. they take expired meds as well.. some countries wont take expired but some do.. apparently expired meds aren't harmful, they just lose some potency as they age..
    Be sure to click like and post a brag if you get the deal.. It makes my day!!! Flattery may just get you more deals

Trading Score
    32 (97%)

Kuddos to you guys... TALK ABOUT PAYING IT FORWARD!! AWESOME!! TRULY AWESOME!!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

its sounds like a great place millie ....we have made a list of stuff to send them thank you sooo much for telling me about it :D

St.KittsGal
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

Well, I took three big bags of cleaners, food and beauty products to work yesterday to start off the food bank collection and hopefully inspire all my fellow staff members to donate as well.

I would love to extend it to our customers to donate as well but I have to ask my boss about it plus I have to worry about people dropping off nut products - we have an extreme allergy in the office that people don't seem to pay attention to even with the signs posted all over the place.

Trading Score
    167 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cpals View Post
    its sounds like a great place millie ....we have made a list of stuff to send them thank you sooo much for telling me about it :D
    Awesome!! you are very welcome!!

Thread Information