User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Tonight I ran into Walmart with my 5 year old (who has autism, he is considered mild on the spectrum) for specific items on my list. I found a great find on boys Hanes socks for $5 clearance. Ta-da it turned into a SCOP...Yay for us!! Or so I thought?!

The cashier was new in training, I understand, thankfully the CSM's post was set up close by our aisle, allowing her to yell for instructions on what to do? I tell her it's clearance price at $5. He says give it to her for $5..(there's no sticker indicating that this is actually $5, I could have arbitrarily chosen a price if I was that kind of person??..) but OH NO when I say to them, 'I'd like to please apply scanning code of practice to this item', they NOW HAVE to search for the price. Magically the clearance price isn't correct anymore... (OK I know not a huge deal but this always happens and it just takes up so much time.)

OK I'm not fuming over that:

Before we even went into line my son was crying. He was upset that I wouldn't allow him a HOT WHEELS track set (cars are his obsession). Today he wasn't behaving safe or listening on the school bus, so as a parent I decided no toys/rewards. He felt sad ( & so did I, but I have to be brave and allow myself to discipline. I teach him cause and effect in the simplest way. And today was that day.) I chose a check-out line that had no one, so if people want to check-out in this line, they're choosing to do so with a crying boy. This elder woman walks up to us and stands beside my cart and is mumbling, I can't make it out, but her body language is telling me she's not here to be a friend... BIG SURPRISE she was freaking there to be mean and add more stress to my situation. She thinks she knows what this is about?!? And is deciding to have a loud opinion. I glanced at her, as I'm turning back my head she's using a scolding voice at my son. I said, "please don't talk to my son, this is absolutely not your business, you need to leave our space". Now this is when I realized that there were 2 other lines that were EMPTY So I feel now that this person actually chose to come over to me so she can comment on my situation. *As she was walking away she called me "a spiteful woman"

*Rant*The world is full of kids, if you don't like them, then move. They cry that is what they do. If you think you could handle things better, then have your own kids and do so. I just feel especially aggravated when people think they could possibly know and actually be correct about a person's life, situation, or child. This just proves that some people are just $hitty simply because they can be.

*I parent knowing that when I choose things, its for the betterment of his future and sometimes immediate now. I feel that I put forward the best wholehearted intentions for his well being, esteem, & happiness. So for tonight and many night's to come I will go to bed knowing that I am a great parent to my little boy.

Thanks for reading, Melissa.
    This thread is currently associated with: Walmart
    Last edited by Couponit; Wed, Nov 30th, 2011 at 08:29 AM.
    And remember no matter where you go, there you are!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    19 (100%)

Some people have no boundaries!!! What gives anyone the right to talk to anyone's child like that! It's not a strangers place to try and "teach" or parent your child! Some people have a lot of nerve. I'm glad you asked her to leave and not talk to your child!

Trading Score
    34 (100%)

I've run into situations like that. Some lady stopped in the middle of the mall to comment on my parenting. Seems to me its always the people without children who have an opinion. I'm sorry you had to deal with that, when things were already not going your way especially!
    <3<3 My girls are my wold <3<3
    ALWAYS looking for Enfamil coupons good on Soy.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Couponit View Post

*Rant*The world is full of kids, if you don't like them, then move. They cry that is what they do. If you think you could handle things better, then have your own kids and do so. I just feel especially aggravated when people think they could possibly know and actually be correct about a person's life, situation, or child. This just proves that some people are just $hitty simply because they can be.

*I parent knowing that when I choose things, its for the betterment of his future and sometimes immediate now. I feel that I put forward the best wholehearted intentions for his well being, esteem, & happiness. So for tonight and many night's to come I will go to bed knowing that I am a great parent to my little boy.

Thanks for reading, Melissa.
    Awesome statement!

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I don't have kids, but happens to me all the time when i used to be out with my little brother (whose 10 years younger than me) one time we were at a store when he started to cry non stop because he wanted this toy. I was just watching him for my mom, but I guess we drew the attention of this middle age lady. She walks up to me and got up in my face and was saying " girls like you are too young to be a mother if you cant control your own child. And shouldn't be seem in public like this" oh wow at that moment I could feel my face getting all red, ready to give her a piece of my mind when my mom walked up and took my brother by the hand. Got right up to that lady's face and said "how about you mind your own business and not talk to my CHILDREN like that. Someone should teach you some manners in how to behave in public" oh the look on her face was just so funny after my mom said that.

But really, people should mind their own business. I don't care to say that to people. Back off and mind yourself!

Sorry that happen to you and your son
    Last edited by loftywater; Tue, Nov 29th, 2011 at 11:49 PM.
    busy, busy, busy

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    117 (100%)

WTG Melissa!!!!!

Trading Score
    189 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Awesome statement!
    Agreed!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good for you!!! I have a four 1/2 month at home and if some stranger feels that they can come up to me in a public setting and try to tell anything to me, my wife, or my children that is none of their business then their day will take a turn for the worse very quickly. Way to stand up for yourself/your child.......

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Did you get the SCOP on the socks after all that?

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

If that was me, I would have done the same as you. There seems to be a lot of older people in the world who have old-fashioned ways and think they can force them upon other people.

But I highly doubt I'd have been nearly as polite as you.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Reminds me of me when my DW went into SDM and our daughter was crying and this lady out of nowhere comes up to here and says, "Do you hit your child?" Now whether or not she was kidding you just don't say those kind of things. Can you believe it? My wife said NO! and walked off....who could even do that?

Trading Score
    387 (100%)

People are so ignorant. I work at RCSS and theres a women who shops there with 3 adopted children who all have been born addicted to cocaine (ones a newborn, 1 is about 2 and the other is around 5). They cry loud throughout her trip but theres nothing she can do about it. She does the best she can.

An elderly women went up to her on one of her shops and felt the need to tell her she was a bad mother and why wont she do anything to help her kids. She was crying so hard when she came up she wouldn't even finish any of her grocery shopping.

Some people are just plain rude and honestly have nothing better to do.

Trading Score
    390 (100%)

I don't know why people have to voice (their obviously incorrect) opinions. I'd be willing to bet she wouldn't have come over to praise you and your son if he had been nice and quiet.

I've had that problem with trying to use the SCOP, as well. I've tried three times so far and I always get weird responses, like, 'oh, we don't apply that to sale items'.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

Some people just need to mind their own business...proud of you for speaking to her!!
    ....just be happy

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Who are these people?! Do they seriously think raising children, shopping for your family, holding down a job, and probably dealing with a lot more is a walk in the park? Have they been watching too much UNreality TV?

Unbelievable...and than they have the nerve to NOT mind their own business. Yes, there are some bad parents, but it's really not their place to decide who isn't doing their best with the cards they've been dealt.

Melissa, you were so calm. I'd have been furious!! I can only hope if that ever happens to me, I can deal with it as calmly as you.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information