User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Trading Score
    87 (100%)

I remember Miracle Mart and Steinberg in Place Alexis Nihon. My father works there for almost 25 years. I just remember when I was in the "backstore": this place was always full of broken candy and chocolate (and we can eat them).
    I even remember the first time I try kiwi, peppers (other then green and red), avocado, all that kind of stock a way too expensive for my parents.
    I rmember Eaton in downtown (with fragrant ladies too.!!!) and Simpson's, Pascal, Woolco, etc...
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I must be really old `cause I remember using the old credit card machines too. Stores closed Wed afternoons. Going shopping Fri night was a big deal. I remember going on vacation once and ran out of money. Didn`t have a credit card then so I had to go to a branch of my bank (no interbranch banking then) They had to call my branch to get the ok to give me money. Maybe the good old days weren`t so good after all.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

Kmart closed how many years ago? 6-7? or more? We still have them in the States, and I vaguely remember one here too when I came here. I remember shopping at the last clearance sale at Eaton's before they closed for good; I still have some tights in their packaging from that sale, I bought so much LOL.

In the time I've been here (11 yrs), this city has changed so much, more than any other city I've lived or spent a good time visiting, and so many of my friends/family who have visited throughout this time agree. Downtown, especially, is losing it's edge to that chic chic poo poo luxury-wannabe highrises and restos vibe I lived in the apartment building attached to Complexe Guy Favreau/Place des Arts until 2.5 yrs ago, and I LIKED the tattoo parlors/crazy/dirty look of Ste-Catherine street, and it felt real. Now everything is gone to make way for the new touristy festival square.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I'm really old because I remember all of the above including riding the bus for 0.10 and my dad complaining about the packs of cigarette going up to $2.00.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I remember going to Miracle Mart while my parents were doing the grocery next door at Steinberg. I remember going to Perette to buy a blue rasberry "Zipsac". I learn how to drive in reverse in the Bonimart parking lot between the white line because the stores were closed on Sunday. I started to work at the Mail Champlain the year that the stores opens on Sunday. And I remember that there was no French clients on Thursday night because the "Filles de Caleb" was playing on TV.

By the way, does any one of you as seen the Quebecers movies "1980"? The movie is ok but all the reference to that year are so good! The adidas bags, the K-Way, the first walkman... I think it's a most see if you want to remember thoses years...
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

gosh how do i remember those old CC readers. you put the paper slip on over the CC and zip zap with the little handle to make an impression..

our ole conveyor belt store closed here about 10 years ago.. a thrift store opened in its place.. actually I helped 'open' it.. lol.

woolworths.. oh my.. and consumers distributing. the stories my hubby could tell you of this boredom days just watching them fill orders..

when instead of playing video games the family sat around and played board/card games..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    591 (100%)

I loved Woolworth as a teenage use to go there with friends for cherry cokes on Saturday.I can't remember off hand but i think it was if it was on Cote St Luc road
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/411352-...-lists-canada/

Please use my ​Orange key when you open a Tangerine account 41140291S1

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by super_e View Post
    Simpson's !!!
    Sam the Record Man.

Those were the days.
    Wow, Sam on St-Catherine.

Patty, damn you, you are making me feel real old. I remember having milk delivered to the door in glass bottles and reading the Montreal Star. I remember bus rides costing ten cents and shopping at Four Brothers and Steinbergs.

I used to work at Steinbergs before there were scanners. We never opened on Sundays and we were open late only on Thursday and Friday. Every other day we closed at 5 pm.

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Oh my!

Now I have in my mind a french ad (tv and radio) for "Au bon marché"

Oui papa! Au bon marché on a ce que vous....

You remember the 2 brothers with the father?
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by abouret View Post
    I remember going to Miracle Mart while my parents were doing the grocery next door at Steinberg. I remember going to Perette to buy a blue rasberry "Zipsac". I learn how to drive in reverse in the Bonimart parking lot between the white line because the stores were closed on Sunday. I started to work at the Mail Champlain the year that the stores opens on Sunday. And I remember that there was no French clients on Thursday night because the "Filles de Caleb" was playing on TV.

By the way, does any one of you as seen the Quebecers movies "1980"? The movie is ok but all the reference to that year are so good! The adidas bags, the K-Way, the first walkman... I think it's a most see if you want to remember thoses years...
    OMG! The K-Way... totally ouach, but "pratique".

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    Oh my!

Now I have in my mind a french ad (tv and radio) for "Au bon marché"

Oui papa! Au bon marché on a ce que vous....

You remember the 2 brothers with the father?
    The two brothers and their funny peignure.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

OMG CHECK THIS OUT LOL SIPSACS

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Thanks Patty for the video for "au bon marché"

I was completly brainwashed with this ad!!!
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    227 (100%)

I remember when you couldn't even use your debit card to get your coffee at Tim Horton's Of course that was just last year
    "You must be the change you wish to see in the world." - Mahatma Gandhi

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information