User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by thetonester521 View Post
    I remember when you couldn't even use your debit card to get your coffee at Tim Horton's Of course that was just last year

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    Lawharehouse(L'equipeur)
    Got my first pair of Levis at there!

Quote Originally Posted by IMLN View Post
    ohhh i feel old now!! I use to go to wolco with my pocket $ from babysitting and get records (45 tours) for the WAY to young ones reading this, they are round things that played music before all the technology madness… hahaha, sniff, damn...)
    Remember when 45s used to come as prizes in chip bags?

Quote Originally Posted by abouret View Post
    I remember going to Miracle Mart while my parents were doing the grocery next door at Steinberg. I remember going to Perette to buy a blue rasberry "Zipsac".
    On Taschereau in St. Hubert?? And the mall used to be an indoor mall and Steinbergs and Miracle Mart were attached? With the PikNik stand and the ice cream stand in the mall? Omg, I'm being flooded with memories. There was a Perette on Grande Allee and Regent (now a Couche Tard I think). Did you grow up in LaFleche, abouret?

By the way, does any one of you as seen the Quebecers movies "1980"?
    Nope, but I'm definitely going to find a copy now!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaK View Post
    I remember having milk delivered to the door in glass bottles and reading the Montreal Star.
    I still collect those milk bottles . And the comic section in the Montreal Star was amazing!! Georgia, you don't at all look anywhere old enough to have been around those days?

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    Oh my!

Now I have in my mind a french ad (tv and radio) for "Au bon marché"

Oui papa! Au bon marché on a ce que vous....

You remember the 2 brothers with the father?
    Lol, yes, I do!

Omg, the crazy memories. Patty, I don't know if I should be p!ssed at you or be thanking you for starting all this nostalgia .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    On Taschereau in St. Hubert?? And the mall used to be an indoor mall and Steinbergs and Miracle Mart were attached? With the PikNik stand and the ice cream stand in the mall? Omg, I'm being flooded with memories. There was a Perette on Grande Allee and Regent (now a Couche Tard I think). Did you grow up in LaFleche, abouret?
    Oh yes! I'm a proud LaFleche produce!

Grew up on Roosevelt (the street of Jenni Pizza = Best pizza ever!!! ) where playing outside mean playing with 20 kids, taking the street as a play ground for a game of kick-ball, my parents sitting on the porch to watch us. Crossing Taschereau was such a big deal at that time! I was so proud of mysellf when I did it alone with my friends around 12 years old. And yes, in the Steinberg Mail there was a Pik Nik with the orange seat. Across the mail, there was a Pascal renovation store and near Pascal but outside the mail, the famous Cinema Greenfield Park where I saw ET for the first time!

I remember that going at the Mail Champlain was a big deal. I also remember when the LaBaie wing was made in the Mail Champlain, at the time where there was 3 Pik Nik in the Mail, at the time where we thought that the Discus music store was the most amazing store.

If going to the Mail Champlain was such a big deal, imagine going to Promenades St-Bruno!!! Where there was a Steinberg, a Miracle Mart (after it was M), a Eaton and a Simpson's all together before the Sears wing even existed!

Are you from LaFlèche too?
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Wow, the things we remember... in Chomedey Laval, there was nothing but fields between Centre Laval & Carrefour Laval, the Perrette zipbags, Simpsons "A quoi tu pense ?", Steinberg was previously Dominion, Pascal, Parc Belmont (very vaguely), "Distribution aux Consommateurs.. c'est DAC !", and 6 pack glass bottles of 7up/Coca Cola... all depanneurs had bottle openers attached somewhere...

When the first ATMs came out as a teenager, the best place to have an account was the Royal Bank because you could withdraw money in 5$ increments.

Anyone who grew up in Chomedey might enjoy and recall a few stores on this 1973 video... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOfQS...ure=plpp_video

And some other recollections...

Last edited by Tbites; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2011 at 07:10 AM.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Omg, the crazy memories. Patty, I don't know if I should be p!ssed at you or be thanking you for starting all this nostalgia .

You can be both

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I remember my mom buying use 3 kids a bag of caddies full to the rime for 1$ eacg. 10 rasberries for .01$, the black jaw brakers, the liquorice tools, chips for .25$ and coke bottles being glass.... I'm not that old 36 next week and those are thing I will always remember.

I remember also, my first Nike, watching cartoons such as Jane and the holograms, J.I. Joe with my brother, shopping our Christmas tree in the snow and not taking it out of a box. lololol

If I keep it up I'll start felling very old. lolololo thanks for starting this thread

Trading Score
    124 (100%)

Oh yes! I'm a proud LaFleche produce!
    the famous Cinema Greenfield Park where I saw ET for the first time!
    That was the first cinema I ever went to and the first movie I ever saw .

If going to the Mail Champlain was such a big deal, imagine going to Promenades St-Bruno!!!
    First time I went to les Promenades was when one of my teachers used to take me there for lunch when I was in high school.

Are you from LaFlèche too?
    I sure am . I grew up on Lorraine street...it runs parallel to Edgar (one street over). My cousins lived on Roosevelt. Do you remember the milk man that lived on Montgomery...they always gave milk and juice boxes for Halloween. There would always be a line-up from his door down the driveway, lol. We would also only buy our milk at his house rather than the store.

I wonder if we ever met back then .
    ~RRLF $0.75 Organic Meadow, $1 Almond Fresh~

Laval | where things spelt backwards makes sense.
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Patty Smyth View Post
    I even remember when Costco first opened and they used to call out the code to the cashier and they would punch it in!!! OMG

All hail UPC scanners.
    OMG, I completely forgot they use to do that!

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

I sure am . I grew up on Lorraine street...it runs parallel to Edgar (one street over). My cousins lived on Roosevelt. Do you remember the milk man that lived on Montgomery...they always gave milk and juice boxes for Halloween. There would always be a line-up from his door down the driveway, lol. We would also only buy our milk at his house rather than the store.
    I wonder if we ever met back then .
    Wow! I grew up on Roosevelt between Edgar and Lionel. Yes I do remember the milk man with the juice box. My favorite one was the grape one!

Yes, I wonder too if we meet before...
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Woolco(ville Lasalle), MiracleMart(I worked at the Atwater one) you guys are really making me feel old! I remember when there was Steinbergs and Dominion in Verdun my old home town. Thursday and Friday nights a bunch of us boys would wait outside with our wooden wagons and ask the patrons when they were done shopping if we could deliver their groceries...For a couple of quarters. Remember Pascal's Hardware store? Was the first Credit Card Chargex? With the manual sliding handle across the small paper with the carbon. I don't think discount coupons existed back then. Wow

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Remember when gum ball machines were only a penny?

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I remember shopping at Towers, Bargain Harolds and Biway. They used to have a seating bench and ashtray as soon as you went into Woolco, and throughout the mall. I cant imagine anyone smoking in a mall now.
    Do you want to buy and sell Bitcoin? Sign up for Ndax to buy and sell bitcoin in Canada. Other altcoins available on the platform too! Quick, simple and secure.!. Have a look around. https://one.ndax.io/bfQb65

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information