User Tag List

Thread: City Santa came

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

And out of the blue this morning... a new blue bin just for me. This area of town got them some time ago but not my complex until just today. I called the city last week and was told we must have been missed.

Thank you city santa! I do hope others appreciate it as much as I do.

Now i just have to buy one for the paper and I can comply with the eventual switch to no bags except for shreadded paper.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I love mine, and having the old one for paper just makes it so easy!

I'm dying for a green bin now :toetap:

congrats on your gift!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, they had green bin in the city where I moved from and I can't wait until London follows suit on it like a whole bunch of other cities it's size, bigger and smaller.

Trading Score
    221 (100%)

Some areas of town have gotten the green bins already. We have not in my area but it was posted a month ago or so that some areas of town have them!!!!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

oo exciting!

I was just curious, what is a green bin for?
    Step away from my coupon binder and no one gets hurt.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    9 (100%)

I just bought my house do I call the city for a blue bin?

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Blue bin- the city just handed out bins for containers only (glass, plastic... but not paper). The city never provided the paper ones. You may call the city and see if they'll give you a container one but you need 2 blue bins.

Green bin- London is doing a "pilot project", it hasn't rolled out for the rest of the city and at this time, there's no word on when that will happen. I think i heard St. Thomas has the green bin and some cities have had it around 8yrs.

The green bin can cover any number of things depending on the city. I believe London's will be very basic instead of extensive since even the blue bin doesn't cover nearly as much as some cities. Stuff that can be put in the green bin in some cities:
    -all food garbage including shells, bones...
    -pet waste
    -paper products- tissues, paper towels, paper plates, biodegradable cups and utensils
    -hygenic waste- diapers, menstrual pads

London pushes composting but many of us can't because of living in multi-dwelling complexes. Basically, if we had the green bin here with paper products and more extended blue bin (plastic bags and styrofoam- meat trays), my garbage could be reduced to one shopping bag size a month. Can't wait to be back to that. I feel like such a burden on the environment here.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by sunny3 View Post
    Blue bin- the city just handed out bins for containers only (glass, plastic... but not paper). The city never provided the paper ones. You may call the city and see if they'll give you a container one but you need 2 blue bins.

Green bin- London is doing a "pilot project", it hasn't rolled out for the rest of the city and at this time, there's no word on when that will happen. I think i heard St. Thomas has the green bin and some cities have had it around 8yrs.

The green bin can cover any number of things depending on the city. I believe London's will be very basic instead of extensive since even the blue bin doesn't cover nearly as much as some cities. Stuff that can be put in the green bin in some cities:
    -all food garbage including shells, bones...
    -pet waste
    -paper products- tissues, paper towels, paper plates, biodegradable cups and utensils
    -hygenic waste- diapers, menstrual pads

London pushes composting but many of us can't because of living in multi-dwelling complexes. Basically, if we had the green bin here with paper products and more extended blue bin (plastic bags and styrofoam- meat trays), my garbage could be reduced to one shopping bag size a month. Can't wait to be back to that. I feel like such a burden on the environment here.

Yes!!

I've limiting myself to one small walmart bag of garbage a week and making ways of having everything else fit into the recyclling program somehow. My BF had a fit last week because the little bag was REALLY stressed at the seams but I wouldn't let him start a new one. A green bin would be a huge help, I'd be at one small bag a month too - I just hate that we are SO BEHIND in recycling and green bins etc...it's embarrasing when people come to stay and I have to explain

Thread Information