User Tag List

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by nibbs View Post
    there was some coupons i wanted from someone and the value was only 20 and right away they wanted 9 stamps
    im starting to find some are asking way to much in return a majority of us get all of the coupons for free from stores ect.
    thats almost a 25% investment, if any FPC/HVC's involved it could be reasonable,

I've had someone ask for 10 stamps for $1.50 oreo. Yeah I will get right on that.

The common sense is $5 per stamp, some ask for extra 1-2-3 for shipping as well. Reality is $5 trade... 1 stamp, I send to you cost stamp + envelope you get for stamp + envelope and free not worth effort. 2 stamps I get something for my time to save coupon.

I've traded heavy stamps 60% value for maybe 40% savings in end if used after coupons and still learning, still saved $ but leason learned.

If i see a wl and i'm doing a search with my time to match up and see if i have coupons, i expect to ask an extra stamp...as well as cost of shipping coupons out + trade value. If you come to me, and i have list of exact I just ask trade value and postage.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MiaowTheCat View Post
    I dunno, I may have taken it for 4 stamps (just saying what *I* would do) because the yogurt is a FPC and there are some stores here where I still get store points on the full value, so I will pick up the most expensive one allowed from the FPC, ie $4+ value. What she/he was offering was $9 in value but aren't FPC considered more in terms of how many stamps, etc.?

Not trying to say you are wrong, just would like more people to chime in as to what would be a fair offer as I trade a lot for yogurt FPCs (or I did, soon it's over ).
    It was me that offered it,

Find anyone that will trade any FPC for any stamps( hard to find , usually want 3-4x max value in coupons and still hard)..... and I think my request from seeing a WL searching my stash for items and responding was valid.

Others may laugh, oh well lost trade, no hard feelings. Others would jump, as still $ saved just under 30% cost to savings offered.

They replied simple no thank you. No concern to me as they at least had curtasy to reply rather than leaving in air for 2-3 days and others interested in it. They could had said can you do 3 and probable said yes...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yes, FPCs are certainly worth more than other coupons, but I can purchase yogurt on sale with a regular coupon...so the FPC is not worth it's max value to me. I don't want to pay out $2.75ish in stamps (not including my postage) for 1 FPC plus a couple of other low value coupons that I might be looking for.
    Last edited by Angela273; Sat, Feb 4th, 2012 at 05:44 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Yes, FPCs are certainly worth more than other coupons, but I can purchase yogurt on sale with a regular coupon...so the FPC is not worth it's max value to me. I don't want to pay out $2.75ish in stamps (not including my postage) for 1 FPC plus a couple of other low value coupons that I might be looking for.

Sure fine and dandy, @ $3 invested you are still saving $5 so not a drastic 40%.

Your saying FPC not worth much to you, but its not limited to trial sizes or restrictions as with a normal coupon.

In otherwords, you just said FPC is not better for coupons for you so normal coupons are of higher value to you, but then dissing normal value coupons as being said are low value in certain circumstances.

Who knows for me 2 for $5 sales are great on deoderant paying $1 a peice and FREE is free with FPC as full sized products.

Anyways your saying that FPC holds no true value or is equal or equilvallent to normal coupon....not many would agree unless they get stores with double coupon days!

Its in the end what you value a coupon, and as well is in the eye of the beholder.

I for one hope you start trading FPC's cause i will be the 1st to offer 1 stamp for it as low value, as per your statement. Not trying to get you mad, but you stated it and gonna use and it and get laughed or banned from others from trying to use case against them for a FPC. its just proof in pudding not gonna happen unless expires in 5 days no one would trade.

And in another issue, who's to say you paid for stamp, or got it traded to you, so stamp is little to no value as well.

Anyways my cause in bringing this up, is definitly normal coupons hold a trading value( $5 per or what is commonly used here), plus many request a mailing out stamp coverage, and FPC's hold a value ( $5 FPC = 2-3 times value on normal coupon trade so is worth 2-3 stamps ). And i am not trying to use this case , just trying to get opinions on what fair value is on FPC when no trade....
    Last edited by theguyz; Sat, Feb 4th, 2012 at 06:27 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

I really resent it when people try and tell me they can get it on sale and with a coupon...so I am asking too much. TOO MUCH for them.
    There are other people that will trade and a simple, No thanks is all that is required.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/258822-...e-read-canada/

I just did a quick search here, even though no SDC

If you read #2 then TRADING is against SD rules and SC does not condone it. Dec /2011 post from MOd/admin ( Transferring is still trading as you want something or they wants something in return ( coupons )

Trading icoke pins and Stouffer pins is against Coke's rules and Stouffers rules but we do that all the time.

I think some people decided trading SDM points was not a good idea but I don't think there is a RULE that it can not be done.

Not condoning is not the same as forbidding or am I being too literal?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    139 (100%)

hahha.. I am reading a lot of people talking about the same kind of stuff I have been seeing.. I wanted the Catelli coupons.. someone was RRRLF the 1$ off any VIleda scrunge.. I said.. I have 20 x 1$ off coupons.. they said.. since catelli is hard to get.. they will offer me 10 WHAT R U KINDING... I HAD TO RECYCLE WALK FOR THE COUPONS and you are offering me 10 .75 COUPONS... i said ..nope... thanks..... and guess what.. I called a sister who lives in AB.. and she found me a bunch of them anbd is sending them out to me FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE so who lost.. not me.. LMAO.. I don't understand how people can increase the value of coupons.... based on their own POLICIES ..
    Last edited by jubsies; Sun, Feb 5th, 2012 at 06:24 PM.
    Just launched my new website, come take a look (headbands for all ages, and more to come)
    Www.5angels.ca

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/jubsies

winlorna
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I agree with the 1 stamp is 5 in coupons and also the postage what I don't understand is why we can't give coupons to newbies with no charge I often give starter envelopes to newbies and depending on how many stamps I have I will pay postage or ask for SASE I have found that I have helped newbies and the coupons are free to begin with and often they ask for advise and then they learn to also be a generous trader because they were treated fairly and helped along the way I fell to ask for a gift card defeats the purpose of trying to save money and do we really have the right to sell coupons?

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Many people do give them for free, but I do not feel it is anyone's place to tell people they should be giving them free - asking them for ridiculous FPCs is a coupon - coupon trade but just as insane as a GC IMO
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    321 (100%)

I use this post all the time but now I do have a question. Sometimes I see people looking for the $5.00 GC from Swagbucks and I would like to know if a equal trade of coupons or FPC's is a good deal? Thanks for any input.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever forgotten...Aesop

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

I have a question for those who collect / trade pampers and or huggies codes

Should you not trade for equal value in codes ?? or at least equal value in codes or if not equal value maybe plus some coupons??

please please let me know

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

Peachykeen - they're not exactly the same.

This post provides the conversion options.

So 1100 pamper pts=$10
    375 huggies pts = $15

Different codes and diaper sizes are worth different numbers of points too.
    Last edited by Giving-Small; Mon, Feb 6th, 2012 at 11:55 PM.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

[QUOTE=marmaduke;4392254]Trading icoke pins and Stouffer pins is against Coke's rules and Stouffers rules but we do that all the time.

I think some people decided trading SDM points was not a good idea but I don't think there is a RULE that it can not be done.

Not condoning is not the same as forbidding or am I being too literal?[/QUOTE] nobody said we can't as far as I can see ..just that it isn't recommended

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    Many people do give them for free, but I do not feel it is anyone's place to tell people they should be giving them free - asking them for ridiculous FPCs is a coupon - coupon trade but just as insane as a GC IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post

So 1100 pamper pts=$10
    375 huggies pts = $15

thanks for the easy comparison !

Just Jez
    Trading Score
    586 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by winlorna View Post
    I agree with the 1 stamp is 5 in coupons and also the postage what I don't understand is why we can't give coupons to newbies with no charge I often give starter envelopes to newbies and depending on how many stamps I have I will pay postage or ask for SASE I have found that I have helped newbies and the coupons are free to begin with and often they ask for advise and then they learn to also be a generous trader because they were treated fairly and helped along the way I fell to ask for a gift card defeats the purpose of trying to save money and do we really have the right to sell coupons?
    you are free to give away as many coupons to newbies as you like....as are others to trade for them...to each their own

Trading Score
    513 (100%)

Where do you figure out that math??

I am full aware of the point system - I just have had 2 people pm me for my pampers gtg codes and are offering me what I would say is not equal or even close to a equal trade - just kinda confused as to why or where you got those numbers??

Please elaborate

Quote Originally Posted by Giving-Small View Post

So 1100 pamper pts=$10
    375 huggies pts = $15

Last edited by Peachykeen2007; Tue, Feb 7th, 2012 at 01:58 AM.

Page 11 of 69 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread Information