User Tag List

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by theguyz View Post
    Thats nice of you two, will be watching your TL and WL's.

But whats this thread about is what trades should be worth....

If I really want something I will go over and beyond its value,

But almost every trade here is unique and you can't trade on similiar grounds amongst different people grounds.

Its almost like need a tier level program where this trader is tier 1, next trader at tier 3 type trading.

I had a nice trader yesterday, $20 worth, Offered them $ for $ and from there WL, they only wanted $3 of mine and no extra postage etc...

Had bad trade barter yesterday was $0.10 short on even trade, they wanted a stamp or extra $2 off me.....fighting over $0.10 and yet wants me to give them extra $1.90 then after giving argument not = trade.....I passed it. Then they PM me as they lost trade dealing with me as another person went somewhere else and trying to force me to trade.... yeah right... many know i respond fast to PM's here..blocked person now

And i am sure as i am just a newbie there horror stories you guys could share on pathetic offers/trades. When i started i think i offered someone 1 or 2 unused p stamp for a $5 chapmans,,,,,,, think they blocked me as never respond to my more reasonable trade offers on other items recently...

Thats horrid that someone would get all crazy over $.10, I have had people who add up and compare values of coupons for trades too...I usually dont care, I just ball it, never a dollar for dollar amount, not to mention I usually include more extras in trade envies than the trade was worth to begin with.

I guess you just live and learn who to and not to trade with. As for a trade value, there is never a way to say "what should a trade be worth" because that all depends on a persons needs.... my baby was on Similac for the first 5 months when he was born, so Similac coupons and cheques meant a lot to me, but at a recent doctor visit, I was told to switch him to enfamil because he was constipated lots, so now similac cheques are basically useless to me. Same goes for everybody and every coupon out there. Some couponers trash is another couponers treasure, theres really no way to accurately value coupons in comparison to others.
    Please Help My Friends Neice Win Wal-Mart's "Mom of the Year" to win $100,000 for "The Canuck Childrens Hospice"
    http://www.momoftheyear.ca/mom/?mom_id=23512
    A Brave Mom of 3 lives every day knowing her baby will soon pass away. PLEASE Click to read her story and vote!

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

I think it is different in each persons mind but I also think as you grow friendships on here things change a bit. For example I have roaked many coupons to people who may need them. Just recently roaked Similac Cheques to a mom on here that needs them I wanted nothing she surprised me with a 5.00 Smartblend. Helping another friend on here get a friend who has cancer ensure coupons/cheques trading my own coupons to get them...in return I want nothing but my mailbox always come with something. I find these the best ever and always mean alot. Sometimes people need to step back from the $ amount and business side of it and realize that the person may need the coupon more then you and it just might help them make it through the month finacially. I am so happy on the many friends I have on here and that is what I cherish more then the FPC/HV demand rush.
    Last edited by KK7; Thu, Feb 9th, 2012 at 09:45 PM.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

KK7: That's awesome of you. I help a few family and freinds in tight spots, that would never look once at couponing. I basically make there shopping list and envelope with coupons and store names and drop off when i visit.

RAOK are great.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

We all are walking down different roads and wearing our own moccasins. People have different reasons for trading and different ways of looking at things.

Me, I'm a funny duck, there's just some coupons I get attached to and I like to trade them for other ones I consider "special". Often doesn't make a lick of sense. I think chocolate coupons are special regardless of their value - guess who puts high value on chocolate? Speaking of chocolate always willing to trade lots of Lindt chocolate.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    135 (100%)

theguyz, not sure why you thought what I wrote was hypothetical? I asked because I too was willing to trade FPC for regular coupons that I really want, but if it gets to the point that person A is walking away with say, 5 free items + a few other good coupons for a total of $30 and person B is getting no FPC but WL items (but not HV coupons) that total $26 say, I dunno...Not sure that's a fair trade.

For the record, in general, unless it's a FPC that I totally use all the time (and in that case, I won't really list it for trade anyway), I don't see an issue with trading a FPC for 3x it's value (and by value, not necessarily the max value listed on the FPC, but a more realistic one at that). As long as the two ppl can agree on a median value for the FPC, I think trading it for a good amount of regular coupons is fine. Now don't forget though that there are regional variations on what items are worth. For me, an Oasis FPC is not worth the max $3.89 since the item I would use this FPC on regularly goes on sale for $0.99, but the Sunlight FPC, I am ok going closer to the max $9 value because here the Green eco or whatever it's called Sunlight IS priced frequently at $9, but I know someone on here who I think considers fair value of the Sunlight to be more like $4 so

Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I wish that people on facebook followed these rules.

I am trying to trade off my 2x FPCS for timothy's, asked for similar value fpc or LOTS of $3 van houtte. Got attitude that I was trading more then the coupon was worth it I wanted more then 3-4 van houtte.

For real? You are getting a product for FREE...I am getting a a few bucks off a $9 bag. Gee thanks? Yeesh.
    ~~ i just scored a FREE wireless printer thanks to SWAGBUCKS! The reward community that works! Sign up now to try it out -- http://www.swagbucks.com/lilmonke

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Show me someone that will accept normal coupons even if doubled/tripled on FPC trade.........they will only trade for another FPC of equal value or HV coupons.
    I've traded FPC yogurt for 4$ regular tearpad coupons , Label me nutz... you wouldn't be the first

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

In a couple of trade requests I was not sure what would be fair to trade so I just told them to offer whatever they think is fair and we will do the trade. I never heard back from both of them. Is this a normal practice to ignore/not reply back when this is the reply given to a trade request? Is there some unwritten rule I don't know about? If someone offered me to make an offer to trade what I thought was fair on coupons I wanted, I would certainly not take offence to it and would be glad to trade. It's not like I made an outrageous request like to send me $20 in coupons for an FPC or something along those lines.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meli829 View Post
    In a couple of trade requests I was not sure what would be fair to trade so I just told them to offer whatever they think is fair and we will do the trade. I never heard back from both of them. Is this a normal practice to ignore/not reply back when this is the reply given to a trade request? Is there some unwritten rule I don't know about? If someone offered me to make an offer to trade what I thought was fair on coupons I wanted, I would certainly not take offence to it and would be glad to trade. It's not like I made an outrageous request like to send me $20 in coupons for an FPC or something along those lines.
    I wouldn't take offence either.. have you seen this thread ? You could pm them to ask if they've received you pm.... but... Sometimes you're better off just laughing it off

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NikyK View Post
    HV coupons are always HV. The main problem right now, that people are mixing up HV (High Value) and HD (High Demand). For example, $0.75 Cattelli is HD coupon. About HV definition, it's been the same for years of trading: HV means more of a discount than the usual newspaper coupons or tear pads ones, companies mail-outs or call-in coupons, coupons found inside product boxes, or rare coupons you can get from samples, National Women's Show, etc.
    I refuse to take part in the Catelli "feeding frenzy" especially when I'm quite content with no name pasta 900g for .99 on sale

I'm curious to hear you take on this:

Do you consider 3$ Aveeno call ins HD as opposed to HV ?

10$ Similac for 3x3$ Aveeno.. fair trade Yay ? Nay ?

Thanks for the input

MY WISHLIST

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Thanks! I see that I am not alone on this and it will be easy now not to take it personally

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    I wouldn't take offence either.. have you seen this thread ? You could pm them to ask if they've received you pm.... but... Sometimes you're better off just laughing it off

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    337 (99%)

I refuse to take part in the Catelli "feeding frenzy" especially when I'm quite content with no name pasta 900g for .99 on sale

Thanks for the input

I consider $3 Aveeno call-ins HV. As for the trade, it is hard to say, it depends on your need. I let someone else say!
    RRLF $1 Life Choice, Pampers & Huggies Diapers, Pampers GTG codes

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Use tracking feature when you send the PM, that way you can tell if read.

Thanks for the input
    To me the Aveno is neither HV or HD, I would consider it RARE in a sense as no one really knows how easy it is to get, all it takes is 1 phone call or 1 email and they will send it out. 3 minutes of your time to get and they send you 2.

If you use or need Similac and not the aveeno it worth it, if you use both its what you want or need more.....if you use neither and thinking or trading to make trader later on ,,,,,, debatable..

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    83 (100%)

Use tracking feature when you send the PM, that way you can tell if read.
    I didn't even realize that feature existed! I will be using this from now on! Thanks

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    121 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by meli829 View Post
    I didn't even realize that feature existed! I will be using this from now on! Thanks
    Actually its put a check mark in 'Request a read receipt for this message' when sending :p

I usually give 1 day after they read, as maybe they need to sort throw coupons or other trades etc... if i hear nothing, its forgotten about.

Page 15 of 69 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 65 ... LastLast

Thread Information