User Tag List

Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

My local Empire is $8.75 for general admission and cheaper for cheap night or matinees so it is all I would value them at personally. But at mostly regular coupons, we do usually give $50 coupons for $5 so $150-200 would be closer to what people would expect for two movie tickets if all regular coupons, if $113 included some HV I wanted I would probably take it, but its all personal. For me the coupons are worth a lot more than the movie tickets, I have to eat, I don't have to go to the movies.

Either way, insane trade values, especially in auctions come from many traders and users are free to trade at any level they wish as long as the other trader is comfortable with it. You can send me a PM about it but it doesnt break any rules
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Thank you. That's exactly what I was expecting, around $150-200 in regular coupons. But I guess if everyone's being told not to trade with me whether I should just cancel the auction or what.
    Last edited by Pepper; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 08:12 AM. Reason: spelling

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    My local Empire is $8.75 for general admission and cheaper for cheap night or matinees so it is all I would value them at personally. But at mostly regular coupons, we do usually give $50 coupons for $5 so $150-200 would be closer to what people would expect for two movie tickets if all regular coupons, if $113 included some HV I wanted I would probably take it, but its all personal. For me the coupons are worth a lot more than the movie tickets, I have to eat, I don't have to go to the movies.

Either way, insane trade values, especially in auctions come from many traders and users are free to trade at any level they wish as long as the other trader is comfortable with it. You can send me a PM about it but it doesnt break any rules
    Fallen, I don't participate in auctions... but I'd like to know why you value the Empire pass like a GC... the benefit of a GC is that it can be spent on anything you like. These passes seem more like an FPC to me ?

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

So glad I don't do trades
    Last edited by Patty Smyth; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 09:36 AM.
    NikyK likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Fallen, I don't participate in auctions... but I'd like to know why you value the Empire pass like a GC... the benefit of a GC is that it can be spent on anything you like. These passes seem more like an FPC to me ?
    I think the same way, it's not a GC, and cannot be treated as a GC, we always count them as a FPC. FPC - regular coupons ratio: HV/FPCs are usually traded for other HV/FPCs

$10 worth of FPC coupon(s) - $25 reg coupons

Definitely, during the auctions the values can be higher than that, but still within the reason.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Auctions typically go for much more than regular trades, look at people getting $100+ mostly HV for $10GCs in them. Auctions are hardly within reason most of the time but if people are willing to part with their coupons for them, its up to them. So when I look at an auction, I know if I want to bid, I double what the GC is worth or look at FPCs as GC value - its typically what most go for.

For a lot of people on SC where money is an issue, a free night out means a lot to them and they are willing to give up extra coupons for that. Yes, the PM could have been politer but if the movie tickets mean more to her than the coupons she wants, that is also her choice.
    Peachykeen2007 and Tbites like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Glad to see my reasoning is not totally off
    NikyK likes this.

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It is why so many people don't bid on auctions, they just are not prepared to trade at double the value

If you want a lot of coupons, it is a good way to get them
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Auctions typically go for much more than regular trades, look at people getting $100+ mostly HV for $10GCs in them. Auctions are hardly within reason most of the time but if people are willing to part with their coupons for them, its up to them. So when I look at an auction, I know if I want to bid, I double what the GC is worth or look at FPCs as GC value - its typically what most go for.

For a lot of people on SC where money is an issue, a free night out means a lot to them and they are willing to give up extra coupons for that. Yes, the PM could have been politer but if the movie tickets mean more to her than the coupons she wants, that is also her choice.
    Agree, auctions changed SC a lot! Definitely, when people read that for $10 GC they could get $100+ including HV/FPC/Rare coupons, they expect to get only the same offers.
    You know Fallen, she can expect whatever she wants, it's up to her, but those PMs were rude, it's plain rude! I got many PMs, after I posted this issue, not only from my friends (my friends are "regulars" here, and yes, we have our Do Not Trade lists, and share them with each other regularly), but also from people I never traded with, and I don't even know who they are. And everyone said, thank you for posting it, at least now we know what to expect from Pepper.
    Boo mentioned it many times, SC is a friendly forum, and we do not allow any rude, or inappropriate language or behavior towards other SC members.
    Thank you folks, everyone who Pmed me, I appreciate it. And, yes, many traders would prefer not to deal with her now. I got a PM from a newbie, she is new to SC, only 10 posts, no trades yet:
    Hi, NikyK!
    Thank you for posting those PMs. I'm a newbie, and had no trades yet, but I'm planing to start trading. Yeaa, I would consider her a do not trade member too, not just because of her ridiculously high expectations, but cause I'm afraid of her. Who knows where she'd send me to, if she doesn't like my offer.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Yes, the PM could have been politer...
    Yes that's correct and I do apologise for my rudeness. That's not usually like me. I was just getting so frustrated. The original bid she PM'd me is NOT what she later posted in that thread, it was lower than the "best so far" bid; that's why I thought it was ridiculous. And to be perfectly honest I really am sick of it when regulars on here say things like, "you're new here" when you decline their trade offer. Just accept that the person said no; don't keep arguing and don't patronize them. (I was already so frustrated because someone else was arguing with me about trading my $5 WM GC for $5 HV coupon. I mean that just doesn't even make sense. But I didn't find it necessary to report the person or PM all my friend and tell them not to trade with someone.)

Anyways, again, I apologize for the rude PM. Hopefully now we can all just drop it.

Edited to add: I'm sorry people are so AFRAID of me because I gave a terse answer to someone. Geez. Nobody's been PMing me about it.
    Last edited by Pepper; Thu, Aug 23rd, 2012 at 10:25 AM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Niky, you are more than welcome to report her for being rude, just that I can't do anything about the actual trade rates

I too share my personal do not trade list with friends, I am sure most members do

However, as much as Boo has said SC is a friendly forum, he has also said PMs are private and does not appreciate them being shared on the forums without the other person's permission
    NikyK likes this.
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Thank you Fallen, definitely, no one can help with actual trade rates, but as you mentioned on the first page:
    As always, this is a guideline for you to know if a trade is fair, actual trade rates are up to the individual and any trade should be what the two people trading are happy with, regardless of guideline.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Ahem... moving on....

Here's 2 offers I've had recently just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.

The first is $5 chapmans = 5x B1G1 whiskas treats?

I'm thinking the chapmans basically gets you a free product of $5 and the whiskas you have to spend $7.45 to get $7.45 free. (assuming the whiskas is on sale @ $1.49) I'm not sure....

The second one is 2x $1 POM 473mL or 1.4L juice expiring Dec. 31 = $1 V8 1.89L juice also expiring Dec. 31. This makes no sense to me... they both expire the same day and both products cost about the same. Did I miss something? Since when do you have to trade 2 Poms to get 1 v8??

Thanks.......

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The Chapman's one is not a good deal, its a FPC for as many products as you can buy for $5 (often 3 boxes of icecream), B1G1 Whiskas, you have to spend (and are they the ones that are one per customer?)

The POM people have on occasion got free when there is a great deal, personally I would not waste the stamp to do such a small trade
    ~ ~ ~

Trading Score
    539 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
    Ahem... moving on....

Here's 2 offers I've had recently just wondering what everyone's thoughts are.

The first is $5 chapmans = 5x B1G1 whiskas treats?

I'm thinking the chapmans basically gets you a free product of $5 and the whiskas you have to spend $7.45 to get $7.45 free. (assuming the whiskas is on sale @ $1.49) I'm not sure....

The second one is 2x $1 POM 473mL or 1.4L juice expiring Dec. 31 = $1 V8 1.89L juice also expiring Dec. 31. This makes no sense to me... they both expire the same day and both products cost about the same. Did I miss something? Since when do you have to trade 2 Poms to get 1 v8??

Thanks.......
    Is this the entire trade? Its very small....

Page 36 of 69 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36 37 38 46 ... LastLast

Thread Information