User Tag List

Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Trading Score
    80 (99%)

I'm wondering what everyone thinks about trading stamps for cineplex passes (general admission), how many stamps would you trade per pass?
    mhmartel likes this.

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

I would like to post some coupons for attractions, dining, etc. from the 2013 Entertainment Book, but I'm not sure how to gauge their value. Some are straight discounts, but a lot are B1G1 (on admissions, dinner entrees, activity rentals, etc.) Should it just be face $$ value, like regular coupons? Or are these more like GC's? What would the stamp equivalent be? Should I maybe just post as an "auction" and find out people are willing to bid?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks!
    FOODLAND STICKERS - Mission Accomplished!!! Thank you macw1960, KelJo, and petsrfun101 for your generosity!

See how I earned $20 in Amazon gift codes this week! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Adriana View Post
    I'm wondering what everyone thinks about trading stamps for cineplex passes (general admission), how many stamps would you trade per pass?
    I see nobody has responded to your query yet, so I'll give it a shot.
    Just my personal perspective, but I would probably offer AT MOST 9 stamps for one free movie admission. On the other hand, for 5 stamps I'd probably jump on it. So maybe your sweet spot is somewhere in the middle?

I'd be curious to know what others think about this as well. Anyone?
    FOODLAND STICKERS - Mission Accomplished!!! Thank you macw1960, KelJo, and petsrfun101 for your generosity!

See how I earned $20 in Amazon gift codes this week! CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT SWAGBUCKS RIGHT NOW!!!

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Opinions wanted please,

Just recently decided I'd like to do the Skechers promo so if I'm looking for 6 Astro pins, would it be reasonable to offer 6x Movie pins from the Nature Valley bars ?

Thank you

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Opinions wanted please,

Just recently decided I'd like to do the Skechers promo so if I'm looking for 6 Astro pins, would it be reasonable to offer 6x Movie pins from the Nature Valley bars ?

Thank you
    Anybody ?
    beecameron likes this.

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tbites View Post
    Anybody ?
    I think that seems more then fair. It seems people were asking alot more for these when the promotion started but Ive seen some givin away lately. You can buy 6 tubs of yogurt for $12 plus $4 shipping for shoes= $16 so I would say that is around the rate of HV/FPC coupons people are looking for for a set of 6 pins. I would think 3x B1G1 movie tickets are worth atleast that if not more
    Tbites likes this.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by beecameron View Post
    I think that seems more then fair. It seems people were asking alot more for these when the promotion started but Ive seen some givin away lately. You can buy 6 tubs of yogurt for $12 plus $4 shipping for shoes= $16 so I would say that is around the rate of HV/FPC coupons people are looking for for a set of 6 pins. I would think 3x B1G1 movie tickets are worth atleast that if not more
    Geez thanks for answering LOL... I never deal with pins so I felt a lil' stumped

MY WISHLIST

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mhmartel View Post
    I would like to post some coupons for attractions, dining, etc. from the 2013 Entertainment Book, but I'm not sure how to gauge their value. Some are straight discounts, but a lot are B1G1 (on admissions, dinner entrees, activity rentals, etc.) Should it just be face $$ value, like regular coupons? Or are these more like GC's? What would the stamp equivalent be? Should I maybe just post as an "auction" and find out people are willing to bid?

Anybody got any thoughts about this?

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

personally, i would value the BOGOs as HV coupons at face value. So, B1G1 dinner (valued at $10) would be a $10 high value coupon. The stamp equivalent are on the 1st pg, depending on if u choose to value them as regular or hv coupons.
    mhmartel likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

I see nobody has responded to your query yet, so I'll give it a shot.
    Just my personal perspective, but I would probably offer AT MOST 9 stamps for one free movie admission. On the other hand, for 5 stamps I'd probably jump on it. So maybe your sweet spot is somewhere in the middle?

I'd be curious to know what others think about this as well. Anyone?
    I've seen them traded for a $5.00 GC/ticket (half price movie???) so I would think somewhere around there for stamps would be about right.

J
    mhmartel likes this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    487 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by angel_2011 View Post
    personally, i would value the BOGOs as HV coupons at face value. So, B1G1 dinner (valued at $10) would be a $10 high value coupon. The stamp equivalent are on the 1st pg, depending on if u choose to value them as regular or hv coupons.
    OK, to start with, B1G1 coupons have never been, and I hope wouldn't be valued as FPC or GC. It's always 50% discount, cause I have to pay out $ of my own pocket in order to get the other item for free, for example, B1G1 Glade candle, they were on sale for $2.99, so, I got 2 for $2.99 plus tax, if it was FPC, I'd get it for free, possibly just pay the taxes, but what I got is 50% discount, but again I have to buy 2 items, in order to get this discount, and I have to pay for both.
    Entertainment Book coupons are way too specific ones, first of all, you should live in GTA to use them, so, the number of people who are ready to trade for them are already limited, secondly, discounts are limited to particular dates, say nothing about a whole bunch of exclusions and limitations. I would never consider them HV, especially equal to GC.
    My Huge Enormous Wish List : http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/members/nikyk/. (About Me.)

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

Thanks angel_2011, and NikyK for the responses!

NikyK raises a good point: are HV B1g1 coupons (of any kind) really comparable to FPCs/GCs? and the answer seems to be: it depends on what the coupons are for.

You'd think that a B1G1 that saves you $5 on 2 has the same monetary value as a FPC for a product retailing for $5, or a GC worth $5. In other words: $5 is $5 is $5. But that's only true if you were going to spend that money anyway.

I guess it works both ways. An FPC for a product I wouldn't ordinarily buy, and a GC to a store that I wouldn't ordinarily shop at, is worth less to me than a B1G1 for something I really need. So for example, a B1G1 on hubby's fave cereal is worth more than a GC to chapters/indigo, but less than an FPC for bacon.

Plus, you frequently have to spend more than the value of the GC in order to actually make a purchase, so in many cases a store-specific GC could be less valuable than the same $$ amount FPC.

OK, well I guess I will just have to post these entertainment coupons and see. I think I will treat them as HV and ask for best offer. We'll see how it goes. I'll report back at a later point.

Thanks again for the input!
    Last edited by mhmartel; Mon, Mar 18th, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
    smileyKT likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    183 (100%)

One thing to note is that the entertainment books are in financial trouble (see Operabob's Safeways Sweet Airmiles thread ) and some of the coupons in them may also be for companies/restaurants etc that are facing some hard times.

Having said that on our local - Victoria thread there are often notices for entertainment coupons and other coupon book coupons--often it's people looking for a specific coupon. It's an easy way to gauge the interest. Also an in-kind trade may be your best bet - trade EB coupons for other EB coupons that you will use.

(http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/23424-s...2/#post5329310)
    Angela273, smileyKT and mhmartel like this.

Trading Score
    200 (100%)

Does anyone have an opinion of what amazon codes are worth when trading for coupons?
    ie. $5 amazon = ?? coupons

Is it the same as $5 GC's?

Please and thank you!
    Last edited by Valerey; Mon, Mar 25th, 2013 at 06:28 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    78 (100%)

Any thoughts on what a SYB pin code is worth or would it be better to redeem the pin code for the $5.oo coffee and then would that coupon then be considered a HV for trades.
    Looking for FPC for almost everything. Growing teen boy eating me out of house and home. Visit my facebook page www.facebook.com/UneekCreations Will trade finished product from my Etsy shop.

Page 48 of 69 FirstFirst ... 38 46 47 48 49 50 58 ... LastLast

Thread Information