User Tag List

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast
Like Tree770Likes

Thread: What do you think trades should be worth 2.0

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

i hate to be the first to ask this, but with the new announcement from canada post, what should i be trading stamps at when single stamps cost $1 and a book is $8.50?
    should i be trading my 2014 coupons at this rate, or are we all going to wait until mar 31 2014?
    just wanting a heads up
    Tbites and torontogal12 like this.

Trading Score
    141 (100%)

I personally don't think we should be valuing stamps in the future when that time comes at what a single stamp costs to buy... if your here into the trading your obviously buying more then one stamp at a time. I am glad I should be fine for a while, stocked up on rolls of stamps today. Definitely good investment.
    Last edited by dariusz8; Fri, Dec 13th, 2013 at 09:44 PM.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

The trade rates will change when the stamp prices do, you are buying the stamp now not in April
    Anna Michele and CouponKitten like this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

We're into stamp futures.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I know I must be missing something and my brain isn't on full speed today, but I'm trying to figure out some values on the first page. Sorry, newbie here.

I'm wondering why, for example, if someone picks out $20 in handpicked coupons, they should send 5 stamps +1 additional stamp for postage? My thinking is, if lets say, both traders decide to trade $20 in coupons on each side, then each person will send $20 in coupons and will have to spend 1 stamp each to send it. So that's equal, but how is it equal if one trader sends $20 in coupons (using one stamp on their side) and then the other trader has to send 5 stamps for the trade + 1 stamp to cover the other person's stamp AND it will cost this trader another 1 stamp to send? So in total, 7 stamps and the other trader is only out $20 in coupons and gets their stamp back??

How come if its a case of trading coupons for coupons, then each person is out a stamp and then it's ok, but in a case of trading coupons for stamps, it's not? I'm really confused if you can't tell I havent traded for stamps ever but figured I need to understand this before going any further

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Also, could someone let me know or show me a post on how to trade a Cineplex movie pass for HV coupons? Is the movie pass considered a GC? And I know not everyone has the same value for the pass, some value it more than others, but if I value a pass at $10, does that mean $100 in regular coupons or like $30 in HV?? I'm totally guessing here, sorry

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RamenQueen View Post
    I know I must be missing something and my brain isn't on full speed today, but I'm trying to figure out some values on the first page. Sorry, newbie here.

I'm wondering why, for example, if someone picks out $20 in handpicked coupons, they should send 5 stamps +1 additional stamp for postage? My thinking is, if lets say, both traders decide to trade $20 in coupons on each side, then each person will send $20 in coupons and will have to spend 1 stamp each to send it. So that's equal, but how is it equal if one trader sends $20 in coupons (using one stamp on their side) and then the other trader has to send 5 stamps for the trade + 1 stamp to cover the other person's stamp AND it will cost this trader another 1 stamp to send? So in total, 7 stamps and the other trader is only out $20 in coupons and gets their stamp back??

How come if its a case of trading coupons for coupons, then each person is out a stamp and then it's ok, but in a case of trading coupons for stamps, it's not? I'm really confused if you can't tell I havent traded for stamps ever but figured I need to understand this before going any further
    It is $20 in coupons for $20 in coupons OR 5 stamps, the extra stamp is only if the person sending the coupons needs to put 2 stamps on it (in which case, they get 5 but 2 are used for your envie instead of just one which is your cost for sending the stamps)

Generally at only $20 you don't need the second stamp unless they are from cereal boxes etc and weigh more
    RamenQueen likes this.
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by RamenQueen View Post
    Also, could someone let me know or show me a post on how to trade a Cineplex movie pass for HV coupons? Is the movie pass considered a GC? And I know not everyone has the same value for the pass, some value it more than others, but if I value a pass at $10, does that mean $100 in regular coupons or like $30 in HV?? I'm totally guessing here, sorry
    Everyone values them differently, but yes, GC value at what a movie would cost them. I know some people will only trade them for the matinee cost as that is all the would pay for a movie
    Angela273 and RamenQueen like this.
    ~ ~ ~

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

thanks a lot Fallen, I get it now!

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Just curious to see what you SC folks think is fair to ask for an entire insert.

I know some inserts r better than others.

But generally ..

I also spend lots of time clipping entire inserts for trades.

But I'm just wanting to see what's fair to ask for them in general

Like p&g
    Ref plum
    Smart source
    Unilever

Trading Score
    107 (100%)

I'd say its coupon dependant, not insert value.
    Must have a U.S. itunes account to choose a free product on Poshmark: New Accounts Only:
    1) Download the app called Poshmark 2) While creating a new account, enter the invite code: JAAZH (it will be the last box to fill) 3) $10 in credit will added to your account (Shipping is $0.99 during your first day on the app!) Pick a product that is $9.00 or less and your total will be:$0.00

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Ok what bout for the last to smart source and p&g unilever and red plum
    Lol

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

It depends on the specific coupons in them, for me, none of them are worth much as I will not use most of those coupons while for others they are worth more

You often see them as bundles of a certain number of inserts for a $5 GC (number dependent on the value of coupons)
    ~ ~ ~

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I have never bought Nordica so I am not sure how much to value their FPCs

I have been offered this trade, but it seems unbalanced to me:

1x $2 any Gay Lea
    2x $1.50 Colgate Advanced
    1x Nordica FPC

for
    6x $1 berries from the miniwheats box

My Gay lea and 2x Colgate advanced are worth $5 alone and the berries are $6. I know they are hard to get because you have to buy the cereal but this seems like too much to me, the Nordica must cost about $4ish, no?

Advice?
    Last edited by torontogal12; Thu, Jan 16th, 2014 at 04:03 PM.
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Trading Score
    234 (100%)

Conversion below is my personal opinion - we all place different values on coupons.

the berries would be HV, because u have to buy the cereal to get them, so $6 hv = $9 regular

$2 Gay Lea = HV = $3 regular
    2 x $1.50 Colgate Advanced = regular value to me = $3
    Nordica FPC = sometimes goes on sale between $2 - $3, so even valuing it at $3 (the higher) is still good = $6 regular

so IMO, ur bundle is worth $12 vs the $9
    hope i made sense, lol
    FallenPixels and torontogal12 like this.

Page 66 of 69 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 ... LastLast

Thread Information