User Tag List

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smart Canucks does not attack other members

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

has anyone had a store photocopy their ID? I know lat time i went to return an item (approx 20) LIFE brand that was failing to work, they asked for my ID and optimum card # i said aboslutely not even though my PC is different on my online acct it still has my bday, i said i would write my address and phone # but nothing else...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by CouponLvr View Post
    No, I was told not to post in this thread again by Sally888 as she did not like to hear my opinions on previous posts I made. I may even be banned when she reads this, as she has threatened to do so already
    Seriously, stop it already. You were being extremely rude and it's not needed in this thread. If you can post nicely then continue on. Otherwise yes, dont post in here anymore. I had tons of reports of your rude posts on here, and other members had even commented how rude they were.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Another great Facebook post:

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_19326038 ufiItem ufiItem">

Lee Collins The fraud and shady business on that smartcanuck site is just unreal, against shoppers and anywhere else they can take advantage of. they are plotting to use a fake vitamin coupon from an unauthorized pdf hosted on the site, 200 times, each, on 20x day to get points on $2600 and 200 vitamin bottles free. Also mass abuse of returned items from redemption day so they can rebuy on 20x day

The "stolen points" is definitely from them giving away their optimum number and address to strangers while using their points like a paypal account to buy and sell coupons

Disgusting that the site supports such activity7 hours ago · LikeUnlike

I have no idea what they are referring to in this post. I have never seen this discussed anywhere. Must be people banned from this site who just want to bash Smart Canucks. As if SDM would let you use 200 of the same coupon when they usually limit the good sale items to 4 max!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

There is a thread about the 200 vits. but it is one person doing it. There is also another thread about returning redemptions for extra points and getting GC. They are both is the SDM forum.

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

I have seen that discussed, it is now in expired and the member said she is not doing it
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by NuCoupon View Post
    Is there any harm in contacting the police and asking for advice? I just read this whole thread and I find it SICK that SDM says because someone saw your optimum # that that person is at fault for having their points stolen! Just because someone sees my CC # doesn't give them the right to use it. Someone still pretended to be someone they weren't to take something that isn't theirs!
    In some cases, yes. There was no trading and points were actually stolen, as far as I understand it anyway. In some cases, no, because it is SDM themselves who have revoked the points. In two situations SDM has the legalities of the contract on their side. A) If they feel there is sufficient evidence of trading points (regardless of whether this is true or not) they can revoke the points themselves and void the card. B) If the member's points were actually stolen by a third party and SDM still feels there is sufficient evidence of trading, they will not assume liability because in their eyes, the member created the vulnerability themselves by breaching their TOS.

In either of these cases, I think the best the Optimum member can hope for is that if they can demonstrate that they did not exchange their points for any type of gain, be it coupons or anything else, and that their transfers were to/from family members, I think they stand a chance of having their points reinstated. However (and I don't know the trading history of any of the people involved) if one does have 37 tranfers in the past year, to 18 different people country-wide, regardless of the point value, I would think that SDM would retain their right to revocation.

The ones I'm really interested in are the SDM responses to the people who have never transferred a single point, or who have only ever transferred to their husband or mom (which I would think would be easy enough to prove). These are the members, regardless of whether SDM revoked the points or they were stolen by a third party, who I feel have the best chance of point reinstatement. If a member has never done anything to open themselves to SDM being able to cite a breach in their TOS, I cannot for the life of me see them NOT reinstating the points.

Good luck to everyone involved. I really am pulling for you, I know my posts don't seem overly "hopeful" for some, but it is only because I can see exactly how they're viewing some of these cases, and I know they have the contractual legalities on their side. And while I have never traded points, I have thought about it, and it wasn't the TOS that kept me from doing it ~ because quite frankly I never read them and assumed after finding this forum, that it was commonplace and must be in compliance with the TOS. The only thing that kept me from trading points was the fact that I discovered very early on just how valuable they were and didn't want to trade them away for anything, and I never had any coupons of much value to be on the receiving end. So I could have very easily been in the same position, and I know that.

It's a hard lesson to watch you all go through this, but if something good has to come out of it, some of these cases have likely taught many new people that there are risks associated with trading SDM points. Not that they can't do it, but that they assume the risks when they do.

I wish good luck to all those affected.

Trading Score
    174 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig_Lover View Post
    Another great Facebook post:

<LI class="uiUfiComment comment_19326038 ufiItem ufiItem">

Lee Collins The fraud and shady business on that smartcanuck site is just unreal, against shoppers and anywhere else they can take advantage of. they are plotting to use a fake vitamin coupon from an unauthorized pdf hosted on the site, 200 times, each, on 20x day to get points on $2600 and 200 vitamin bottles free. Also mass abuse of returned items from redemption day so they can rebuy on 20x day

The "stolen points" is definitely from them giving away their optimum number and address to strangers while using their points like a paypal account to buy and sell coupons

Disgusting that the site supports such activity7 hours ago · LikeUnlike

I have no idea what they are referring to in this post. I have never seen this discussed anywhere. Must be people banned from this site who just want to bash Smart Canucks. As if SDM would let you use 200 of the same coupon when they usually limit the good sale items to 4 max!
    OMG some people
    I can't find the page lol

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The Lee Collins post is gone now. FB must have realized it was slanderous and removed it.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I am seeing FB posts that are blaming SC for all this. I find this a little worrying - I have got a lot of great info. from this site and saved a lot of money due to the help of members. I hope this is not the case and this can be sorted out.

I'm A Couponista addict kellyschool1's Avatar
    Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I don’t know who in question on here is being the “accused” and I am NOT asking for anyone to tell me. Call me crazy but I always get these feelings… and I truly feel in my own mind that we all might know this person(s) on here. I feel like they are well known and are also being sympathetic to those who had their points stolen. This is just my personal opinion. Now I can be completely wrong and a small part of me wants to be wrong. There are many great wonderful people on here. If you truly sit down and think out of all the good people in the world how many bad there is to good, like a percentage. We really don’t know eachother , but we are willing to give the benefit of the doubt to others. A criminal will always know other criminals. Just as you all know you hang around and involve yourself in the same group of people that you are. Im not trying to say that we shouldn’t give anyone on here the benefit of the doubt and get are back up. You should just take one step back and make your area a little more secure if need be.
    " Lee Collins" who ever that is , is completly wrong.
    My last thought is that if SDM wont give back your points that you all worked soooo hard to get then go to the store and demand answers. Now I might not have the best ideas here but I know if my points were stolen you better beleive I would have my butt parked outside there door with a huge sign boycot them. I would tell everyone coming in and out that my points were STOLEN and they will not help me. FOr those of you that truly have been ripped off and all they did was spend there money there to not get help is ridiculous. Whatever I can do to help whoever lmk. I can call sdm and ask questions ... anything!!! This whole thing is nuts and distgusting.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by FallenPixels View Post
    I have seen that discussed, it is now in expired and the member said she is not doing it
    Too late now though...the damage has been done...and the whole site will get closely scrutinized and will get a false bad reputation!

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

What is the refer a friend event? How did it work?

Trading Score
    182 (100%)

how about trying to get the commom denominator in all this mess:

example: asking questions to all the members that lost their points here:

Did you do the Tell a Friend event...who was the leader? or whatever it ws called...

who did you treded points with?

did you participated on any of the surveys?
    etc etc etc...

I don't know what else to do, but the more questions we ask the more answer we can get....

Trading Score
    132 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by i_love_to_save View Post
    how about trying to get the commom denominator in all this mess:

example: asking questions to all the members that lost their points here:

Did you do the Tell a Friend event...who was the leader? or whatever it ws called...

who did you treded points with?

did you participated on any of the surveys?
    etc etc etc...

I don't know what else to do, but the more questions we ask the more answer we can get....
    I think this is what the moderators are doing now.

Trading Score
    346 (100%)

i_love_to_save - these are all good ideas and I'm sure the members who lost points are doing this and talking to Sally/Boo and SDM.

It's not something we can easily do / find out on a forum.
    Extra cash here - earn by searching/watching videos/doing offers on swagbucks - it's a legit site and pays reliably.

Already do swagbucks?try Instagc or pm me for invite codes for Gifthulk.

Page 32 of 47 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information