User Tag List

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smart Canucks does not attack other members

Trading Score
    61 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    ==================

Excuse me!! but I did not authorize a transfer of my points on DEC 03 or authorize anyone to change my name on my account!! This is not helping so move along....
    I have to agree with Carly - even though in writing SDM seems to have their bums covered in this situation, she didn't authorize the transfer in the first place.
    "Call it magic, call it true/I call it magic when I'm with you" - Coldplay, Magic

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Possible or supposed or assumed trade activity on any of you people's accounts is absolutely secondary in this issue.

The first and foremost is a major breach of privacy, personal information not remotely protected and that my friends is a federal offence.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Right, but it's not hacking if you (general you, not you specifically) provide someone with the information necessary to access your account. At best it would be an unauthorized transaction, which seems to be a risk you (again, general) take when you provide people everything they need to access the account in question.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope no one takes this the wrong way - because my memory is crap, but I keep hearing the term "stolen points", and aside from one person who I think? SDM told her that her points had been redeemed in Winnipeg?, I haven't heard any other similar SDM responses.

My question is this, of the following people who have had a response from SDM, have they outright said your points had been redeemed by someone else? Or revoked? Or were they unclear?

I do understand that some people have been told their personal information had been changed, but these people too... were you told they had been redeemed by another party? Or revoked? Or unclear?

I'm just trying to get a feel for how many of the list actually had points "stolen" by an unknown party, and how many had their points confiscated?

I understand that for some people they have said that they feel point trading had taken place on the account and so they won't be returning your points, but have they indicated that they were indeed redeemed?

CarlyinCanada
    [email protected]
    HCAO
    Ang735
    Cmoody8107
    Hollyhill
    Leymi15 Jezzebelle
    Sally888
    Starlette
    Amanda4's (mother & SIL lost points)
    Sarajk's (mother points taken)

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I wonder if they are going to get rid of the trading points feature.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    ==================
    This is not helping so move along....
    No Sh*T.
    They should take their own "move on" advice and move right on out of this thread.
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by metatrix View Post
    I wonder if they are going to get rid of the trading points feature.
    Thing is, it's not a "trading points feature," it is a transferring points feature. It being treated as a trading system is what SDM takes issue with, I presume based on their statements.

[*A I M Z*]

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by kita kat View Post
    yes, but on the last page there were a few people from only a few moths ago asking why they didnt receive the points yet

I'm pretty sure its December, I didn't realize MARCH was only a few months ago.
    AND they said it was busy so the promo was probably over.

Seriously...MARCH......
    Get free gift cards for amazon & paypal. I've earned $100's with the click of my mouse!
    Swagbucks: http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/TremorKitty
    Superpoints is BACK! https://www.superpoints.com/join/5Gp...0VOe51KdfmpCzw

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I get what SDM is saying. It's like if your kid takes your card and buys stuff with it. You report it as fraud, the bank investigates and they figure out it is the kid. Will the bank refund the money? Nope.

If trading as always been against the rules, then it's against the rules. I doubt they'll refund those people. Which sucks, I know. I feel for them. It's not something they expected at all. I did read that there's a few that didn't trade at all and got points stolen. There has to be something more to it.

I really hope they add security features to it. It won't solve the existing points problem, but it should protect us for the future.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrla View Post
    I got myself so worked up I took a drive & p/u the mail. Looks like I got my first batch of goodies....but's for another place & time.

This is what was going through my head....your account was hacked....YOUR personal information was accessed....it doesn't matter a hoot whether you had your correct bd or address or postal code or whatever.....your personal information was compromised illegally.....and Shopper's isn't going to investigate???

Shopper's SHOULD have immediately upon ANY hint that something was amiss...such as talking to HO to learn your account no longer was in your name...contacted RCMP Cyber Crime dept.

Everyone is aware of what FB is going through right now....this is EXACTLY what it's all about.

I cannot for the life of me believe that they THINK they're dealing w/a bunch of dumb housewives!!!! This sentence best not get any negative feedback because I'm confident everyone here knows exactly what I'm saying.
    =================

Thanks, very helpful also the the Privacy phone number...i will be calling tomorrow!

Yes, on one had SDM told me i had TOO MANY transactions/transfers on my account since 2009/2010!! Well, this has nothing to do with someone changing my account info & I told them so...I'm waiting for a call from a higher up at SDM within 24-48hrs.

I asked her so what is the limit on transferring...no response...SO SDM doesn't have a clue what their own rules are....but are ducking out on this!!

I'm going to speak to the manager at my SDM store tomorrow as they know me & know how much i spend there...maybe they can put in a good word!!

Most of the transfers I did were family & friends & i did my own TAF event groups also as well as the SC groups. So of course i have transfers!! duh!!
    Last edited by carlyincanada; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 06:55 PM.

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tinkb View Post
    I also agree that they should either decide people can transfer, or discontinue it altogether. I still can't get over that they promoted transferring and then told Carly that she couldn't - or did too many!
    ======================

Exactly!! The left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing!!

Why allow transfers & then say well you did too many Either set a limit or close it down!!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

I'm off of here...to exhausted to think anymore....

Trading Score
    85 (100%)

This whole thing is just ridiculous and disgusting.I really feel for all of you. I hope this gets resolved even though it Sdm is unwilling to fix it. Hopefully the privacy commision can help you
    Last edited by xox2010; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 07:05 PM.

KK7
    Female
    Trading Score
    618 (100%)

nevermind....jungle bells jungle bells
    Last edited by KK7; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 07:37 PM.

Trading Score
    98 (100%)

Last edited by danielzmom; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 07:46 PM.

Page 43 of 47 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Thread Information