User Tag List

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Smart Canucks does not attack other members

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

carly as hard as it is i would give them till friday and if they haven't answered i would call back and ask for a status report. they should have some idea at that point what they want to do.

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    Exactly...we have a right to know who got our points & whether they used them!! If this is the way SDM wants to treat us then I'm done with them!!!
    Just do your research before going against a stores policy:
    5. Once transferred, the points are added to the recipient’s current points balance, and will appear on the recipient’s Shoppers Drug Mart cash register receipt as “web transaction”. The points subtracted from the issuers balance will appear on the issuer’s Shoppers Drug Mart cash register receipt as “web transaction”. Points can not be returned to the issuer once they have been transferred.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I just read the last two pages...

Some of you may need to look into this a bit further & it would only take a phone call to the Privacy Commissioner's Office to find out exactly what information you are guaranteed to under the Charter...

Their phone number is 1-800-282-1376 or (613) 947-1698

I would suggest each and every one of you who've had this happen to your OP's, including the one member's mother (sorry I simply just don't know all of you yet....) to call Head Office to request all the information they have on file for your account - in writing. Email/mail, whatever.

I THINK you can go that far. I KNOW you can request and it's illegal for them to not comply with the request - for any and all personal information they have on you.
    Last edited by Carrla; Wed, Dec 7th, 2011 at 05:38 PM. Reason: Brain going faster than fingers

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

so what they offer you points in exchange for your hard earned money. but when it comes to redeeming your points to use that money you 'invested', they say sorry.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

interesting kitkat. i remember when that was posted.

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

6. Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. shall not be liable for any damages and/or injuries whatsoever arising out of or as a result of the use of this website, the use of the points transfer program, or any act or omission whether or not such injuries or damages might be foreseeable and whether or not Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. has been negligent.

7. By clicking "submit" using the points transfer program, you are agreeing to the terms of the points transfer program found here.

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bonfire View Post
    interesting kitkat. i remember when that was posted.
    yeah im just doing some homework on the situation...

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by kita kat View Post
    there is no next step. read up on the policy they clearly state any points transferred (they obv dont care if you were hacked or whatever) will not be returned and after you click accept it is out of their hands and your responsibility. theres nothing that can be done, their policy back them up, you can sue them, but where is your proof of them being stolen, and not tradeing by you yourself... there is none. they can track it, but there not going to, their policy says they dont have to so they wont. its time everyone moves on. but keep in mind not only trading points puts yourself at risk leaving your receipts lying around is worse than tradeing.
    The thing is SDM didn't void the card first. First the points were stolen and then SDM voided the card so they don't have to investigate. People don't know if someone hacked into their computer, pulled old receipts out a trash can, took a photo of an SDM register, or is a rogue trader on this board in order to access cards and steal points. And the people who had their points stolen have a right to know so they can protect themselves. Since not everyone traded there's something else at work here and we could all be vulnerable. SDM is using "trading" to sweep this under the rug and avoid having their security measures looked into.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The call to the Privacy Commissioner's Office would simply to clarify what all your right's encompass.

I also believe that it really doesn't what disclaimer they've got in their little legal spiel......they MUST to the utmost to protect YOUR personal information.

And that obviously is not being done. And I think they're banking on the fact that no one is going to go too far w/this as they appear to be trying to 'hide' under the 'possible trading' situation......

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I saw that and some of the comments about our site are outrageous! It's like they think we're all idiots and thieves...
    Isn't she a cutie

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Carrla View Post
    I just read the last two pages...

Some of you may need to look into this a bit further & it would only take a phone call to the Privacy Commissioner's Office to find out exactly what information you are guaranteed to under the Charter...

Their phone number is 1-800-282-1376 or (613) 947-1698

I would suggest each and every one of you who've had this happen to your OP's, including the one member's mother (sorry I simply just don't know all of you yet....) to call Head Office to request all the information they have on file for your account - in writing. Email/mail, whatever.

I THINK you can go that far. I KNOW you can request and it's illegal for them to not comply with the request - for any and all personal information they have on you.

Thanks a lot!

I will call Tomorrow.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

IF anybody starts getting any grief/denying access to YOUR information, pleasantly explain that they're leaving you no choice but to file a grievance under the Privacy Act. I'm guessing that HOPEFULLY would get their attention.

If they continue with 'ignoring'/sweeping under the carpet'....then that's probably what you're going to have to do...but at that point, like right after you realize they're not going to abide by the law......if was me....I'd be on the phone to my MP immediately.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

i don't think it's a privacy breech if you gave someone the info. if you did by trading or by a survey, or a friends event etc.

Banned
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by NuCoupon View Post
    The thing is SDM didn't void the card first. First the points were stolen and then SDM voided the card so they don't have to investigate. People don't know if someone hacked into their computer, pulled old receipts out a trash can, took a photo of an SDM register, or is a rogue trader on this board in order to access cards and steal points. And the people who had their points stolen have a right to know so they can protect themselves. Since not everyone traded there's something else at work here and we could all be vulnerable. SDM is using "trading" to sweep this under the rug and avoid having their security measures looked into.
    so say this wasnt done through computer, and was through receipts. wheres your proof? Like i said before Im a apathetic person, i believe this is the persons fault who have lost their points. and shoppers policy backs it up. it is not shoppers fault nor its websites fault. if you dont like the security at shopper than dont shop there if you dont like its security online do go on the site. I you throw away your receipts, burn them. if you want to trade points, use a different card. tadah problems solved. everyone is making a huge deal out of this and it can always get worse:
    8. Shoppers Drug Mart reserves the right to discontinue online points transferring program at any time

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Going this type of route may very likely do nothing for anyone that did any 'transfers that Shopper's would consider contrary to the agreement' (I shouldn't get shot for that phrasing ).

It SHOULD however prove beneficial to all of those who basically only did family type things and those that didn't do anything at all.

And.....I'd be on the phone ( but that's just me) to try and get this into the news....across Canada...the first reporter that calls them for a comment or to confirm these things have actually happened....should give them nightmares as to negative consumer fallout.

Page 40 of 47 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 ... LastLast

Thread Information