User Tag List

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Update: Today was an AWESOME mail day! After a nice workout at the gym I came home to three Amazon boxes and a large envelope! Inside were my items and the RAOK'd cartridge....aren't they pretty?! Thanks Swagbucks...you rock!

__________________________________________________ _____________

I AM SOOO EXCITED! When I started Swagbucks I redeemed for Amazon gift cards (electronic for use online) but wondered what in the world should I buy. I was MORE than to find they sold the Cricut Cake machine and cartridges!!! These retail for $89-99 each and on sale at Michael's the best price was $35 ea. I have been eyeing these for a while, I love watching cake shows - Ace of Cakes being my fave! - and have done cake decorating and wanted to kick it up a notch. I'll also admit to drooling whenever Cricut was showcased on Toronto Shopping Channel. Didn't want to charge it as I'm trying to use my cc less for "wish" items so I'm saving up.

Also, now that I'm cooking more things from scratch (and watching more cooking shows) I realize I don't have all the right kitchen gadgets and tools. My Amazon wishlist is now filling up with various items to solve that problem!

So, on to the shopping bag brag! Today I found some key items on sale and bought the following:

2x Cricut Cake cartridges @ $20.97 ea!!!!!
    1x Egg yolk separator @ $1.99 I couldn't resist, it looked so cute!
    1x Pastry Blender @ $7.99 - got tired of using my fork and knives to do my pie crusts.

My order qualified for free shipping so with taxes it totalled just over $60....but FREE to me since I used what I call "other money".

Mind you I still have to buy the actual machine but couldn't pass up the deal on the cartridges. And the nice thing is I can use those designs for both sugar sheets and paper so my scrapbooks and cardmaking will be kicked up a notch too!

So it's back to swagging and saving and hopefully making my cake decorating business dreams come true sooner than later!!!

Thanks to SC for schooling me on all these offers and services to save and earn $. I had no idea what Swagbucks, irazoo and Superpoints was and probably would not have found it on my own. I LOVE THIS SITE and I give my fellow SCers for being such a great community!
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com, Cake Beauty, The Shopping Channel
    Last edited by $avvy$hopper; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2012 at 10:26 PM.
    Imy "Other Money". Join the fun:
    *Swagbucks!!- http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Savvy5

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

nice
    Free $175 CASH BONUS open Tangerine bank account $50=chequing, $25=savings, $100=savings program use 36121543S1as the'orange key' CAll1-888-826-4374 refer family/friends,$50 to you + $175 to them Earn up to $3,250 Visithttp://www.tangerine.ca/en/referafriend/index.html

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    209 (100%)

Wow!! Great brag!
    If you are interested in Houseseats here is my referal link:
    http://www.houseseats.ca/[email protected]

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

Awesome job!! I just cashed out my swagbucks for $25 and $10 paypal GC's. I don't buy a lot on-line. So the cash actually works better for me. I also call it my "other" money. Money just for me ocassionally or to help my OOP when it comes to groceries each month.

On a side note. Are you going to post your monthly groceries budgets and how you did with them. I loved your thread. It was one of my favs. And you inspired me to get my OOP lower each month. I would love it if you did it again
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/PinkSapphire. Click to get FREE Giftcards just for searching the web. It is so easy.

Trading Score
    201 (100%)

awesome!!!!!
    Get paid for your opinion! http://legerweb.com/J4Z12
    Join Swagbucks and earn free money and giftcards!
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/melissabrien

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

awesome! I love swagbuck (and superpoints) -I have gotten so many things for myself and family with free money

If you have airmiles - go through the airmiles shops to shop with Amazon.ca too!
    Collecting Campbell's soup labels for our school RAKs greatly appreciated.
    Using WagJag for great deals!

Trading Score
    135 (100%)

wtg! I've heard a lot about cricut but never used them myself... you should post pics of your creations when you get the machine and are able to use those cartridges!

wtg! on your savings and getting your "wish" items on the cheap!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Great buys. I have just started saving my swagbucks to get GCs to save for a cricut. I am hoping that by the summer I will have enugh to buy one. I saw one in Walmart and it was $399 and I know I can buy it online for way cheaper than that!

Merry Christmas
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Great story - I've been wondering what to buy with my Amazon.ca GC that I cashed in for - originally I was going to buy a Kindle - but bought another e-reader instead. But my birthday's coming up - maybe I can find something "just for me."

Thanks Scrapbookingoasis for the info about airmiles shops, too!
    Here's to all you great SC'ers
    Join Swagbucks and make $$$
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/avoncallingu

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    8 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post
    awesome! I love swagbuck (and superpoints) -I have gotten so many things for myself and family with free money

If you have airmiles - go through the airmiles shops to shop with Amazon.ca too!
    I only found out about this yesterday - I must have spent thousands with Amazon over the last 10 years. All those lost airmiles
    Built Bars 15% off sitewide, free shipping when you spend $25. User the code LOUISE2020 to get another 10%

PC Insiders please use my code LR1507 you get $25 and I get $10 in points

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Thank you everyone for all the awesome comments and reps! I've been offline busy with a Christmas Eve Eve party and today I was just zonked so I was in my bathrobe til 5pm this evening! All refreshed now and catching up on SC news!

You're all so great and I can't wait to get these items! Thanks again for the kind words and encouragment. MERRY CHRISTMAS!

Quote Originally Posted by coley3 View Post
    Awesome job!! I just cashed out my swagbucks for $25 and $10 paypal GC's. I don't buy a lot on-line. So the cash actually works better for me. I also call it my "other" money. Money just for me ocassionally or to help my OOP when it comes to groceries each month.

On a side note. Are you going to post your monthly groceries budgets and how you did with them. I loved your thread. It was one of my favs. And you inspired me to get my OOP lower each month. I would love it if you did it again
    Thanks coley3! And yes, I will definitely have an update on the groceries quest later this week. I started tracking for November but then it got busy so the receipts are a mess from that month. I'm organized for December though and hope to end the year of grocery savings with a bang. I have a grocery free spree planned for boxing week and then will have the update up. Thanks for following it and I'm so glad encouraged that it inspired you. I've seen your grocery brags and the growing stockpile...you've done well!

Quote Originally Posted by scrapbookingoasis View Post

Thanks! I got an email from airmiles shops so I did sign in there first and I also won an extra 25 airmiles from their contest. nice bonus for spending free money!

Quote Originally Posted by flyingdutch View Post
    wtg! I've heard a lot about cricut but never used them myself... you should post pics of your creations when you get the machine and are able to use those cartridges!

wtg! on your savings and getting your "wish" items on the cheap!
    Thanks flyingdutch! I will definitely post pics of the new creations once ready. I've read the product reviews and there is a learning curve to using cricut right but once that's good to go there's a whole lotta FABU going on!

So again thanks all and Merry Christmas!

Trading Score
    297 (100%)

WTG!! I've been using my SB & SP for Playbook accessories, books, PS3 game for Christmas gifts!! whoohoo!! Love free stuff!!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by carlyincanada View Post
    WTG!! I've been using my SB & SP for Playbook accessories, books, PS3 game for Christmas gifts!! whoohoo!! Love free stuff!!
    Hope to be racking up things like that next year!

UPDATE:
    Now I get to brag again about the great community SC is! An SCer read my brag and pm'd me about also having the Cricut machine...she really made me tear up when I read that she was gifting a "Cars" cartridge to me!

she's already mailed it and has offered some tips for success with Cricut! This just made my Boxing Day/week so spectacular...I am truly amazed by the generosity here on SC! I didn't ask her if she minded being named in here...some Secret Santas like being secret! I'll check.
    Thank you all for your encouraging comments, reps and support - and this RAOK of course! for everyone!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Yay, yay, yay! My goodies have arrived...see pic of my new toys in the original post! Swagbucks and Amazon.ca will be my new bff's in 2012!

Trading Score
    117 (100%)

Thread Information