User Tag List

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by koala View Post
    This is a good time to remind everyone the click on the google ads. This is SC's bread and butter.
    Bump! Right on koala

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Busy Bee
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by alajen View Post
    I think there is an option to turn that function off in your user profile so you don't have to plow through the signatures at all - Under User CP, Settings&Options, Edit Options --> Thread display options --> Show signatures.
    Thanks alajen, sorry I have no rep to give you but I will when I can.You always give very useful and helpful advice, and have very valid opinions.

Boo I totally agree with your stand entirely .

Be a little kinder than necessary,remember everyone is fighting their own battles.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    • Do NOT expect everyone to use your referral code because you started a thread. You should have a chain where A refers B then B refers C etc.

Agree %100 on this one, And also about the huge links and images in people's signatures. I don't think that just one person should get all the referrals, because that's really not fair to everyone on the forum. Even when I started a thread for a survey/points site, I didn't expect everyone to use my link.
    Don't you know they're lying when they're telling you it's been all right?
    http://cashcrate.com/389609

cndlady
    Quote Originally Posted by bumcakes View Post
    in my personal opinion, if you don't like what you see then turn it off (ie. change your profile settings to not see avatars and signatures), if you don't want to others to benefit from the link then don't click on it. simple as that.
    As this is Boo's site and he is more than kind to give this too us I think it is only fair that we follow his wishes. Most sites don't allow ANY referals. There are sites out there where if you post a contest and it has a personal code in it (like the dell contests) they will edit out the personal code. I would hate to see it come to this here but I could more than understand if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Boo Radley View Post
    WandaJean please don't take this personally. Many members are/were posting annoying referral links so it's not just you.

No one take this personally please. Unlike any community forum I love giving people the maximum amount of freedom and hate being a pest, but sometimes an action is necessary to prevent the forum from turning into a junkyard.

Thank you everyone for the constructive feedback so far

Alajen's hiding signature instructions are awesome
    I think you have done a wonderful job with this form and you give us much more freedom than any other site on the net hon. I understand where you are coming from and I think that your requests should be followed w/out any argument. It isn't often that you make a request like this

Kim

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    -2 (0%)

It's about time Boo, I agree with you, and like alagen said this is not up for debate.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

awesome!!...finally

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Is this too big?

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

is mine fine now??

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

I don't post referals. I am not on those sites enough. But I do have a link to my blog. It falls within all the guidelines that Boo has set out, so I guess I don't have to worry.

And Alajen's instructions for turning off sigs is very helpful. I LOVE looking at the sigs and pics of the members. It makes me feel like I am learning a bit more about them. I think that if you don't like looking at them, turn them off.

Also, please host your sigs and pics off a site like Photobucket so that it doesn't take up all the space on this site. This was a request by Boo about 4 or 5 months back, and I figure that it should be said again for all the newbies.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i love this site!!!!!!...the only link i did was the admail and i thought it was ironic how everyone was whinning about the mail carriers then the next day bingo a chance to do something about it and i see now everyone is getting links for their friends and families...i feel guilty now too....and i'm jelous of the sigs cause i have no idea how to do any of it....Merry Christmas

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mom4boys1girl View Post
    i love this site!!!!!!...the only link i did was the admail and i thought it was ironic how everyone was whinning about the mail carriers then the next day bingo a chance to do something about it and i see now everyone is getting links for their friends and families...i feel guilty now too....and i'm jelous of the sigs cause i have no idea how to do any of it....Merry Christmas
    Some of your fellow SCers will create a sig for you if you PM them.

http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/sho...highlight=sigs

Click on this link. It will bring you to an old topic about Signatures, who creates them, how to host them and the general rules and outlines for them.
    Remember that even though pets are here for such a short time they teach us things we would never be able to learn in many lifetimes on our own.

Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    Some of your fellow SCers will create a sig for you if you PM them.

http://www.forum.smartcanucks.ca/sho...highlight=sigs

Click on this link. It will bring you to an old topic about Signatures, who creates them, how to host them and the general rules and outlines for them.
    thankyou so much......but that defeats the purpose of me learning...us older generations need to be told not shown because you young ones go way too fast or us to keep up....

Trading Score
    10 (100%)

Don't worry. You need special software to create sigs. I don't make mine either.

Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by caitfoster View Post
    Also, please host your sigs and pics off a site like Photobucket so that it doesn't take up all the space on this site. This was a request by Boo about 4 or 5 months back, and I figure that it should be said again for all the newbies.
    Excellent reminder, cait.

Signature photos can take up a HUGE amount of space on the server, so if people can upload on a photo site (Photobucket or Flickr, for example) then they can post a link instead. Also, Photobucket has a nice EDIT feature that lets you resize a photo so it has a more reasonable size on the forum.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Am kinda MIA at the moment and just seen this thread and agree Boo and all the mods do a wonderful job working on our wonderful community.I have changed my siggy so as I will only be off and on SC periodically while my fiance is here now I hope all goes well with everyone.Will be back on here more often as of Dec 18th when my fiance leaves.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread Information