User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Trading Score
    99 (100%)

I haven't been online in a month or so as I've unfortunately been too busy with the cruelties of life. In a nutshell: Cancer SUCKS!

My best friends sister is only 28 years old and was diagnosed Sept 27th with Kidney Cancer and now in her 8th week of Radiation was told she may skip chemo and they will just take her kidney. On saturday another g/fs Mother passed away after a long and hard battle with cancer, and this morning I found out from another g/f of mine that she found out yesterday that her Fathers cancer is inoperable as it is late stage. It's been a rough month here and alot of tears have been shed. Life can be so incredibly cruel.

I hope that everyone here is doing well and that life is treating you kindly.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2011 at 11:39 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    36 (100%)

oh honey! I'm so sorry. Cancer sucks.

Sending you lots of good thoughts and prayers.

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Tara, i'm so sorry about your friends and their families you are a strong woman and i am sure a great friend who must be boosting their strength while dealing with all of this.

i had unexplainable issues and cancer scare about a month ago, and i can say just the thought of it had me unraveled, i can't imagine how your friends are even dealing with their situations.

take care

Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Tara, You are right Cancer sucks!
    Im sorry for all the tears and heartache...I hope good things are ahead.
    Yesterday my mother received a call from her baby sister is Europe, she is in the hospital they found something on her lungs - they won't know what until next week so we are all praying its not the C word.

Hugs

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I hate Cancer.i am sick of it.i have known 3 people who had it,two died and one miraculously survived and just had a baby ,life can definitely deal you tough blows.i hope for good things for your friends in the future and really just wish this disease would take a hike....

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Oh, Tara...you've been though so much...There are times when we wonder why things happen as they do, when they do, and there's no apparent answer...I wish you the strength to remain positive in life, and to share that strength with your friends and loved-ones when they need you so much...So sorry, Hon....

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2011 at 10:39 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I hate to admit this but when I saw the thread title I thought it was you AGAIN!! I am relieved it is not you Tara but am sorry for all your friends. The epidemic continues. We are all touched by this. I know of no family that has not been through it mine included. It now numbers at my mom, MIL and at least a dozen aunts and cousins who have passed away or battled it. Can't even count the number of friends who have had it.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

I met my a friend (Shell) of my friend (Mimi) this summer. That night Shell fell and broke her elbow. OUCH! Shell was the maid of honour at Mimi's wedding a few weeks later. Now we find out Shell has breast cancer. Doctor says it's some type that is very quick and thinks she's only had it since the summer. But she needs a mastectomy on both and it's in her lymph nodes. She is scheduled for 5 more chemo, radiation and surgery. She's only 30 years old.

Trading Score
    66 (100%)

cancer sucks
    ....just be happy

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I never know what to say, I just hope for the best for your friends and family <3
    Did you see the pool? They flipped the B!tch!

I'm going to South Korea!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

So sorry your friends are going through all this -

However, I am hoping YOU are doing fine health-wise...

Trading Score
    99 (100%)

gourmetsue - Thank you (Hugs)

Anisa - I trust a "scare" is all it was? I know that anywhere you look someone has been touched by cancer in someway and it is just sad. And it seems to be hitting people younger and younger as the years go on.

VeeVee - Your Aunt will be in my prayers for a good and positive report!

Tudor - Sorry for the loss that you've experienced with cancer, but so happy to hear that a miracle came from within them too.

Lynn - Thank you I can use all the prayer I can get right now, I think emotionally it's taking a toll on me watching those that I care about hurting when I can't do a thing about it ya know?

Patty - it's not me, sorry for the scare! So for my MRI's have come back clean and still cancer free. That Horatio better NOT come back! I can't imagine losing so many people to one freaking disease, it's just NOT right!

Tweetybird - Only 30 years old and facing a double mastectomy is something I could not fathom. She will be in my prayers for certain.

saddlebag - WELL SAID!

lekate - Thank you I appreciate it. Like I said rpreviously I think it's taking an emotional
    toll on me. When my friends brother passed away in March from Colon Cancer he was only
    26 and I felt HUGE survivors guilt because my cancer was "gone" and his cancer took him,
    and while I'm healthy and cancer free now, seeing those around me going through it only brings the realty right home that this COULD have been me and it still COULD be me as recurrance for Brain cancer is extremely high.

Natalka - Thank you and yes healthwise I have a good clean bill of health. My next MRI
    is next month (time flies doesn't it?!) but I have great faith that will check out clean as well.

I just wanted to let anyone who may have missed me know why I haven't been here and just to vent my frustrations. Thanks alot guys. *Big Hugs*
    Last edited by TaraF; Fri, Dec 2nd, 2011 at 06:57 PM.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

So Sorry that so many in your family and friend 's circle are expienceing so much with Cancer in their lives. It seems like almost every day someone we know is told they have it. I always thought that Heart disease was the number one killer in Canada but I don't think it is now. Try to be positive for yourself and your friends. Big Hugs coming your way.

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

Tara, I am so sorry that your are going through this and your friends are being affected by cancer. I lost my mother when she was 32 to cancer. I lost my dad at the age of 64 to cancer. I have battled the n piece of crap 3 times so far, and am winning (for now). I refuse to let it get me down or take my life. I will fight to the bitter end. I love life and my family too much to let it keep me down. I have learned to take every day as it comes, take what is dealt to me and make the best of it and speak what is on my mind. I know your friends have a fabulous friend in you and you will make it through and help them as you can. Be strong for them and be their shoulder to cry on when they need it. Again, I am so very sorry to hear of your difficulties recently, be strong for them.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Coupon Princess sheetsofemptycanvas's Avatar
    Trading Score
    330 (99%)

I'm so sorry I don't know what else to say except to agree... cancer sucks SO hard!!
    Soft kitty, warm kitty, little ball of fur... happy kitty, sleepy kitty, purr purr purr

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information