User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    N00b
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hi there,

I looked for a mystery shopper company before, but only found a scam one on kijiji when I used to live in Kingston. Got as far as them sending me a fraud check (labelled "University of Montreal"). Anyone have any good suggestions?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I have done many through HS Brand International (I can even show you proof through Paypal that they pay). I have just signed up for a few other ones but dont promote those as I havent done any shops through them as they rarely have them in my area. I have signed up through a bunch of surveys through Kijiji but you have to be very careful. I guess I always have the mindset that everyone is out to screw you.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Ive shopped HS as well, but only very recently so I haven't been paid yet.

go to http://volition.com/ and read the posts by mystery shoppers to help you pick good companies. They discuss things like the way the shopping customer treats them, the difficulty of the reports, payment etc.

Based on what you read there you can make some good selections.

Ricki911 - How long did it take HS to pay you is it one month after the shop or 2?
    Last edited by frugalkitty; Thu, Dec 15th, 2011 at 08:43 PM.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalkitty View Post
    Ive shopped HS as well, but only very recently so I haven't been paid yet.

go to http://volition.com/ and read the posts by mystery shoppers to help you pick good companies. They discuss things like the way the shopping customer treats them, the difficulty of the reports, payment etc.

Based on what you read there you can make some good selections.

Ricki911 - How long did it take HS to pay you is it one month after the shop or 2?

It took 2 months to be paid by Paypal.

N00b
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yeah, I did look into this one: http://www.shopperscanada.com/mysteryshopper.php but I didn't like the fact of a registration fee...

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

I was considering this one http://www.bestmark.com/become_a_shopper.htm. Has anyone dealt with them?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

This is one I just signed up with for free but I have not done a shop yet:
    www.internationalservicecheck.com
    Has anyone heard of them/experienced them?

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

You should never sign up for the ones that require you to pay those are scams.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    I was considering this one http://www.bestmark.com/become_a_shopper.htm. Has anyone dealt with them?
    What I can see on Google, and other forums its a legit company. I personally havent signed up with them and actually about to sign up. So I can say that they pay (as I have never been paid with them).

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I am staying far away from mystery shopping companies for a long time... one guy scammed me and a bunch of others in Toronto. He had a legitimate website, phone number and an address in the heart of the Financial district. Turned out he scammed people out of a lot of money and there was little the Police could do about it.

You can be really savvy and still get the wool pulled over your eyes

P.S. Sorry to be a downer

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    I am staying far away from mystery shopping companies for a long time... one guy scammed me and a bunch of others in Toronto. He had a legitimate website, phone number and an address in the heart of the Financial district. Turned out he scammed people out of a lot of money and there was little the Police could do about it.

You can be really savvy and still get the wool pulled over your eyes

P.S. Sorry to be a downer
    Curious:

What was the scam and how did he get money from the shoppers. Having mystery shopped for years I like to know the possible "scams".

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

scams....scary.

I try to be careful, I will not shop for a company that asks for my SSN, I check volition.com and I do not do shops that require reimbursement for companies that I do not know or trust yet.

I will never pay to shop or pay to have a service find me shops to do.

I cannot speak of Premier Services highly enough they are worth researching. If anyone with a good memory and good writing skills would like to sign up for them please pm me.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

I will never pay for a shop and right there should have red s. I dont sign up if they ask for SIN either or too much information. I mean follow your gut on things to be honest.

As of date I havent had any issues. But you need not think of the money but always think that people are out to screw you on everything. This mind set will let you research companies, and get information prior to giving your personal information out.

What is Premier Services? I will have to look into them.

Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Premier services is a Canadian mystery shop company. There are threads on about them on volition. Should you be interested in them please pm me for a referral if you would like.

They do not use the Sassie system though, shops are reported on special word doc and emailed, I believe you need Word 2003 or or higher to shop with them.

They pay by paypal and are very responsive to questions and concerns, they have been my best experience so far.

Trading Score
    50 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by frugalkitty View Post
    Premier services is a Canadian mystery shop company. There are threads on about them on volition. Should you be interested in them please pm me for a referral if you would like.

They do not use the Sassie system though, shops are reported on special word doc and emailed, I believe you need Word 2003 or or higher to shop with them.

They pay by paypal and are very responsive to questions and concerns, they have been my best experience so far.
    Are they just shops in bigger cities?. I know many are in bigger cities and us out in the country dont get many.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information