User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Was in LD WEM tonight and the CS rep showed me the memo that they have received from SC JOHNSON. No more stacking, and no coupon allowed if you PM their products.

She agreed with me how frustrating this - especially b/c SC Johnson coupon wording has not changed, and encouraged me to rally everyone to call or email into SC Johnson and complain about vague wording of coupons and forcing LD to change their policies where these products are concerned.

The doll that she was, she allowed me to stack my windex coupons as well as PM and stack on scrubbing bubbles one last time.
    This thread is currently associated with: London Drugs

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    245 (100%)

I have trouble understanding why SC J would have any objection to or have influence on price-matching and using a coupon at the same time. It sounds more to me like a store specific policy. Why would it matter to them if I use the coupon with the sale price at store x over store y? It won't surprise me though if SC Johnson joins the list of companies who are restricting stacking.
    Last edited by DianneS; Thu, Dec 15th, 2011 at 12:48 AM.

Desk Lady
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its more like the company is now making LD actually adhere to the wording...

For the PM, they are talking spef about the line that says "cannot use with any other others or discounts, etc". Youre right that it doesn't really make sense, why would they care...but they do.

smf008
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

wait I can always go shopping in the states! The customers have no power in Canada.
    Last edited by smf008; Thu, Dec 15th, 2011 at 02:52 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Im wondering if SOF has gotten the same restrictions from SC J...

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

So frustrating!! The girls at WEM london drugs are so awesome though. Yesterday the girl told me that they recieved a memo Dec 7th saying no more stacking Quantum Finish or Scrubbing Bubbles. Glad I stocked up on the Quantum before then! Why do the Canadian companies make it so hard for us just trying to save some money! The percentage of couponers is still so small that they make thier money anyway.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    39 (100%)

I was at northgate and wem today and they both mentioned the memo. they are extra cautious and might just play it safe and have it where you can't price match and use coupons period! Anyone know if dove is part of the memo? I'm thinking I might use mine up, even at regular price..yikes..lol I missed the last sale sigh...

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I've also heard some 'talk' about AVEENO products following the 'no stacking' rule, soon. I'm thinking that our opportunities to shop smart for our families might be coming to an end in the not too distant future. As consumers we have 'buying power', and in many households, the wife/mother, does the shopping. I don't think it would hurt if we all contacted the product companies directly and expressed our
    frustration over the coupon issue. Just a thought.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    14 (100%)

LD WEM would not accept my aveeno stacks today
    They also would not let me PM and use a single coupon, and I could not stack same media sources.

josask
    Trading Score
    7 (100%)

In addition to the changes already mentioned, I was also told that they are no longer allowed to accept printables over $3 except for multibionta since they know they get reimbursed for those.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Wow!! All this information makes me nervous to go shopping now with my coupons... I'm still trying to learn how to be successful to coupon and save money for the house that we want to buy... and reading all this information makes me nervous because so many stores get money back for the coupons and in fact a few cents more than the coupons are actually worth if I'm not mistaken....
    Y are they all wanting to make things soo difficult?

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

good grief. Well I'm glad I stocked up when possible on Dove/Aveeno/Finish, etc. I guess LD puts through more coupons than anywhere so mfg actually noticed. I was hoping to get some Multibonta. Not sure if this will be possible. Northtown marks the internet coupons down to $3 so I would have to stack an insert coupon with it...but no stacking on Fri/Sat/Sun...sigh...If anyone knows which place takes the $10 coupon I'll see if I can make it during the week. This trouble is getting very close to not being worth the effort.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweetybird999 View Post
    good grief. Well I'm glad I stocked up when possible on Dove/Aveeno/Finish, etc. I guess LD puts through more coupons than anywhere so mfg actually noticed. I was hoping to get some Multibonta. Not sure if this will be possible. Northtown marks the internet coupons down to $3 so I would have to stack an insert coupon with it...but no stacking on Fri/Sat/Sun...sigh...If anyone knows which place takes the $10 coupon I'll see if I can make it during the week. This trouble is getting very close to not being worth the effort.
    Rexall has Mulitbionta 30's on for 9.99 this week in the flyer... I haven't tried the $10 there, if not you could PM WM, they take it.

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Great! I'll be trying Rexall. WM is a far drive for me. TY.

Edit for update: Went to Rexall at noon. No problem with coupons and have all the vitamins needed. TY!!
    Last edited by Tweetybird999; Fri, Dec 16th, 2011 at 03:16 PM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coolmum95 View Post
    I've also heard some 'talk' about AVEENO products following the 'no stacking' rule, soon. I'm thinking that our opportunities to shop smart for our families might be coming to an end in the not too distant future. As consumers we have 'buying power', and in many households, the wife/mother, does the shopping. I don't think it would hurt if we all contacted the product companies directly and expressed our
    frustration over the coupon issue. Just a thought.
    I agree! We should all contact these greedy companies...
    I am beyond frustrated b/c I live an hour out of town. I can't afford the gas to drive in more than once a week so I plan all week to make my one day count! Makes me want to cry when all my careful planning is shot down with "new policies" and I leave the store with a mere one or two things

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information