User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Slaney View Post
    I was at London Drugs last week. It was a manager helping me, she was really rude. She freaked out on me that I couldn't use "all these coupons" cuz Apparently after 5 minutes of staring at them she wasn't smart enough to figure out they were different coupons for the different brands of items I was buying. Then she told me they suddenly weren't adjusting coupons worth more than the price & finally some random lady walked over & said she "didn't think" they accepted ANY $5 coupons. So I walked out & I won't be going back.
    I am sorry to hear about your situation with this particular LD. Usually we complain about rude cpners wanting more, but in your case, it was the other way around. I too, would've felt really upset after that. Either they have some rude workers there or they might've been burned by former cpners and are just now protecting their own backsides. Either way, it is not professional on their part.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by mommato5 View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised at all if they did get rid of it. We have all seen the pics and "brags" on this site and others like it.....THOUSANDS and THOUSANDS of dollars worth of merchandise that they got for free by stacking at LD. One even spoke of building a new shelter on her property just for her stockpile as she was running out of room in her house with all of these products she just keeps accumulating. That one really put into perspective for me how far some have taken this stockpiling. Sadly the minority who took great advantage of these companies ruin it for the majority

End Rant.....
    Pls don't undermine your comments with "end rant" because what you are stating is not a rant, it is factual. I too saw the entry about someone building an add-on to her propery for her stockpiile, and either that same person or another person was concerned that now that addition will have to be heated which will cost many $$'s for all her deals. So where are the savings at the end of the day.

I too, like you am so frustrated when people boast of how they got their huge amounts of freebees. And we wonder why manufacturers are clamping down. I'm a customer and I don't appreciate the clamping down (I don't cpn to the extent some folks do, I do it minimally to average; yet I fully appreciate why manufacturers are doing it and I don't blame them).

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

hoarding is hoarding whether it is stockpile goods or dogs or garbage.

Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Oh no it's just rude useless staff. The cashier that had to call someone to customer service rudely asked if I had coupons before I was even near her till then called someone & emphasized "for coupons". Don't know why she was so annoyed with me and the last time I went couponing the lady working reamed me out for not having the coupons matched with the items while I was still trying to unload my cart. And it's not just when I'm using coupons. One day I was there looking for the spy helicopter for my nephew & they appeared to be sold out but said they were getting more in 2 days & would hold one. I asked to make sure it was the spy one, he didn't know & didn't check. 3 weeks later when it finally came in & my husband had to play hookey from work to go get it he asked what kind of batteries & SD card it took & the guy just said he didn't know Why would you not check that & sell an extra $50 of stuff with it!? Or the time I wanted to price match a camera with Superstore & they just started making all these rules up so they didn't have to do it. Oh & then there's all the times you can't find anyone to assist you at all in electronics.
    Yeah the ability to stack coupons was really the only reason I went there so now that they don't accept any sucks to be them
    I am currently looking for coupons for non parishable foods or grocery coupons good until December to help with Christmas food helpers.
    If you have any to trade please PM me.

<3 LD <3
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

Wow i have yet to shop at LD and I already have a feeing that its not worth it?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Sorry to hear about your bad experience there, Slaney.

Synthia, I shop (and stack) at London Drugs regularly and 99.9% of the time, it is a great experience. I always go in the later evenings, around 8:30-9 and never do a pile of price matching or cart-filling. I don't want to annoy the cashiers and so far, so good, as they are all very pleasant when they see me come in

As far as policy changes go, I was told by the owner that they are going to be limiting price matching to 2 items total/price match. So if you wanted to price match deodorant for example, you could only PM 2 sticks, NOT 2 sticks per scent, variety, etc. Also, they are apparently supposed to be calling the stores they are price matching from and if they are out of stock of that item, London Drugs will not be price matching. They have to enforce this as apparently there was a lot of shelf-clearing going on.

Trading Score
    38 (100%)

"they are apparently supposed to be calling the stores they are price matching from and if they are out of stock of that item, London Drugs will not be price matching"

they have always supposed to do that

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information