User Tag List

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

I'm hearing about it for other provinces...does it exist for NS? I've never really thought about it. I run a lot of machines because I'm usually home during the day. But, if the cost savings was much better for off-peak hours, I would def. change that. Does anyone know?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Canuck
    Trading Score
    58 (100%)

When I bought a new washer and dryer a few back the slaes associate told me that she sets her auto timer to go on after 1 am because power is cheaper to use. I did this a few times but found I couldn't sleep as well as I worried about a flood or something happening ( this has happened to me so I'm just a little unreasonable). I do leave home sometimes with the dryer going.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    49 (100%)

I use the washer/dryer at nite... after 10pm,
    On a note:; , PPl check your water heaters... I couldn't understand why our NSPC bill was so high... Hubby checked the burners in the w/heater and deceided to chg the heater it self...It cost, about 600.. but WHAT a huge savings. from 239.00 bi m. to 126.00 can't beat that.. I figured over 6 months it would pay for it self, and lots more in the yrs to come. Considering NSPC is nickel and dime n all of us

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

No, there's not a special time of day rate for regular customers. Only customers who get this heat reserve system that costs around 5k to install, can get off-peak rates.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    133 (100%)

Yes, we have in floor electric heat which qualifies us for time of day savings program so power usage costs vary through out the day but you must be on this program to get the different rates. There are only two heat systems that qualify, electric in floor heat with a cement slab or geothermal heat system. Hope this helps.

Thread Information