User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    CaToonie
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Can you use vaseline on babies, I have read both that you can and that you can not.

Also in my hospital package for what to bring for the baby it says to bring vaseline, what would I use this for at the hospital?

Thanks
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

Vaseline can be used for diaper rash. Definetely bring vaseline to the hospital because the babies poop is sticky black stuff... which is almost impossible to wipe off unless you put vaseline first!

Krystal
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Where are you wanting to put it? And yes, the above poster is right...the black tar poop is horribly hard to get off skin!!!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

When my son was born the nurses at the hospital showed me a few things i.e. how to bathe him, change him etc. They told me to put vaseline after each and every diaper change no matter what. When he peed and pooped it was always repelled by the vaseline so nothing really touched his skin and I am pround to say that during the 30 months that he was in diapers he never got diaper rash NEVER! Now whether this is directly attributed to me putting vaseline or that I was extremely OCD on having him in dry diapers I don't know LOL, however the point I'm trying to make is yes you will need vaseline at the hospital and they will probably tell you the same thing they told me. All the best for the upcoming birth

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

absolutely. no reason you can't use it on babies sensitive bum ..always used it on my own sons as well... that was 17 years ago..
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

One Awesome Domestic Diva MrsSunshine's Avatar
    Trading Score
    88 (100%)

also depending on how dry your room is in the hospital you can also put some on your lips to prevent them from drying out and a little on your hands.
    Be Strong
    Be True
    Be You.
    Simple as that!

Trading Score
    37 (100%)

I used it whenever needed. It worked really well on his super dry skin.

FYI- Vaseline is used as a barrier between the bandage and the penis after circumcision. It keeps it from sticking to the sensitive area.

Trading Score
    386 (100%)

I have never once used vaseline.
    I used cloth wipes for the first few weeks and never had any problems wiping the black tar poops off of him. My son has also never once had diaper rash!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

We're vaseline fans here, too! When my mom first told me to usr it, I thought she was crazy....but my 4.5, 3 and 1.5 year olds have never had diaper rash. It's also great for your lips, and for your nose when you have a bad cold .

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    also depending on how dry your room is in the hospital you can also put some on your lips to prevent them from drying out and a little on your hands.
    Agree -- and my little guy was born with such dry skin we actually put it on his knees etc.

Also I think the hospital lists every thing you could need -- but you may not end up using most of them!

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

i always used vaseline, and my daughter never once had a rash. it creates a barrier.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    220 (100%)

I always used vaseline and cloth diapers. Only time my DS got diaper rash was after a few days in the disposables.

dch
    Female
    Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I never used Vaseline, I was told it makes diaper rashes feel worse, and just acts like a barrier to prevent it from going further. (like putting butter on a burn)

I did have to use it once to free my daughters chubby leg from between the railings on the crib once she started learning how to stand & bounce LOL

couponchick
    Trading Score
    172 (97%)

i use vaseline regularily as my son is prone to diaper rash and it keeps it away! when he was circumsized you definately need to use a ton of diaper rash that first week after

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

Interesting.... Just had a baby a little under two weeks ago, and the hospital provided a bunch of stuff -- including a tube of petroleum jelly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information