User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Wishing all of you a Merry Christmas, Happy New year and whatever else you celebrate. In our house we celebrate a Santa Christmas and we give presents to the kids only. We will be vegging out as much as possible and eating, watching movies and relaxing. What about you guys?

This thread is currently associated with: N/A

Trading Score
    211 (100%)

Merry Christmas to all of you!

I will do like you Patty and seriously will try to turn in to an over cooked veggie for the holiday and take time to STOP enjoy my kids and hubby. Getting Christmas ready sure can take a toll on you!!

We have our traditional 24th turkey at MIL (gift exchange for the adults) (German style Christmas, the fat man actually drops presents on the 24th while we eat…)

When we come back we prepare cookies for Santa (that I baked with the kids in the afternoon) with milk and even put some carrots for the rain-dears outside.

We brunch at home on the 25th with all my kids, my mom and her other half. We have a gift exchange for the adults and we also make a homemade stolen gift exchange.

We go all out for the kids, they are still at that good age where they believe…

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

My father-in-law is at the hospital now (probably cancer). So, for the kids it's not very funny since we usually have lunch with them and dinner with my parents...
    May you have a prayer for him please.
    As much as we can, we will try to give them a real happy Christmas day.
    More savings and tips? Go see this site.

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Patty, really nice pictures from some spots of Montreal (Ogilvy, Town Hall, etc).

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieP View Post
    My father-in-law is at the hospital now (probably cancer). So, for the kids it's not very funny since we usually have lunch with them and dinner with my parents...
    May you have a prayer for him please.
    As much as we can, we will try to give them a real happy Christmas day.

Aww, that's too bad. I know my BFF's mom is in the hospital and will most likely not come out, cancer spread, it's not fun anytime but more so at this time of year.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you and your families, near and far.

We'll be spending our usual low key Christmas. I'll cook far too much food.We'll all eat too much. Us adults will probably indulge in a little alcohol..or a lot of alcohol.

Dr Who Christmas special is the major programme we want to watch. Hopefully * there's a Harry Potter DVD hidden in Santa's sack for me. and if I miss It's a Wonderful World or A Christmas Carol ( with Alister Sim) ...I won't be able to celebrate properly.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

They just announced on CTV that the Sound of Music will be on. I will probably fall victim to this again lol

I already got my turkey today, fresh one from the butcher. Probably will cook it in advance since we don't do a formal sit down on Christmas. I will aso be making pinwheel sammies an old tradition started by my grandmother. Super C has the bread and I was threre today and she is getting in a fresh batch from POM tomorrow.

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

My DH is working on the 24th, 25th, 26th and 27th as the past 2 years.

So I'm going to my sister alone on the 24th for the formal sit down lunch with my parents and my two sisters families. We will probably eat "raclette" because my family has boycott the traditional turkey for the past 8 years, which I miss a lot! And we will open somes gifts, mostly the kids.

On the 25th, after my DH works, we will go again to my sister house so my DH can celebrate a little bit of Christmas. We will also bring my mother-in-law to this supper since she alone (my father-in-law died of cancer a couple of years ago). And we will probably eat Fondue.

Oh! I'm so jealous of you who eat turkey. (I'm thinking about cooking my own turkey for DH and I this year... maybe.) I really like turkey and all the tousqui (short for the French "Tous qui restent dans le frigidaire") made with it like vol-au-vent, rice and hot chicken/turkey.

As for the rest of the week, I will probably became a potato couch and rest as I'm pretty tire from the past 4 months.

@AnnieP: Je t'envois pleins d'ondes positives pour ton beau-père.

Merry Christmas to you all and Happy Holidays!!!
    Last edited by abouret; Mon, Dec 19th, 2011 at 10:07 PM.
    Hi! I'm a shopaholic... hum no, scratch that, I'm a dealaholic!!!

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

As my mom suffered a mild stroke last weekend, we will be very grateful to have her home with us for Christmas. We all go to my sister's house on Christmas Day and have a wonderful turkey and lamb (we are Greek after all) for dinner and spend time together.

This year, I think, will be more special since we are so lucky that my mom made it through with very few lasting effects and she will be able to be at home with her husband, kids and grandkids.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone! Let us remember the most important things in life are those that are truly free - friends and family.

Trading Score
    193 (100%)

I'm free from the stress of cooking all day and creating the oh-so perfect atmosphere this year !!

I'll be heading out of town to visit my sister whom I'll be elated to see on Day 1 We'll definitely overeat canelones, paella, churros con chocolate, brazo de gitano amongst other things and try our best not to get under each other skin for the week.

Merry Christmas everyone

@ Annie Bon Courage

Friends don't let friends trade at max value

MY WISHLIST
    RRLF 2014 -> RENEE'S !!! Lactantia butter, Marc Angelo, Casa di Mama

Trading Score
    55 (100%)

Hello All,
    Now that I'm back on line after a virus took over my computer I can now wish you all a magical Christmas and a fantastic new year!

Patty thank you for your inspiration with your donation project. You open my eyes last year and reinforced this year the idea that every little bit helps.This past year I made 2 trips(one in summer and one in November) to a homeless shelter in Longueuil (they welcome 14 men per night and 5 women for longer stays). The lady who received my donation was so surprised that she kept asking me from where all the goodies came from and could not believe it came from my house (and not a company). It is truly amazing what you can accomplish with coupons, little planning and a few dollars. So here's to you Patty and all other generous SCers, changing the world 1 coupon at a time!

AnnieP: Toutes mes pensées vont vers vous et votre famille en ce moment difficile. Que l'année nouvelle vous apporte un peu de repis.

Blueapple: Congrats for the new addition, what a beautiful baby

And to all I wish you all the best for the new year, may the coupon gods bless us with an abundance of coupons and deals for the year to come!

European Penguin

Trading Score
    160 (100%)

Last school day will be 23... we will do something for our small (hum) family the 24. after we have party here and there:

in-law family at Sherbrooke party
    My grand-father (side of my dad) party
    My grand-father (side of my mom) party
    My mom party
    My sister party

After all that done, we will sit down in our home until mid-february!
    Liberty of one finish where liberty of the other one start

Trading Score
    87 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by 2010ontest View Post
    Last school day will be 23... we will do something for our small (hum) family the 24. after we have party here and there:

in-law family at Sherbrooke party
    My grand-father (side of my dad) party
    My grand-father (side of my mom) party
    My mom party
    My sister party

After all that done, we will sit down in our home until mid-february!
    Lol!

Member of rep ho-ing club kelly25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I wish you all Happy Holidays
    Mother in law and her girlfriend sleeping over on the 24th.
    Did party with my mother last weekend and have a big family party for New Years.. pretty stress free, just the way I like it

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

Happy holidays to all!!!!!
    Dec 24th - DH's side of the family and Dec 25th my side of the family at my house...DH does all the cooking.....

Can't wait to see the saving we will have in 2012 and a BIG thank you to everyone for making 2011 a big savings year for me and teaching me the tricks of the trade...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information