User Tag List

Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,005 of 1226
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Zellers: 50% off one item, limit one per customer (Dec 26-31)

Trading Score
    80 (100%)

When I went to do my price adjustment Sally, I went to a different location than I purchased it at the same day (my mother is a 30 yr employee at that store, and didnt want head office calling them with my info) I heard the manager of the second location say on the phone that when Zellers did a nightly audit they discovered the problem. The cashiers themselves (and anyone with half a brain) could see what an amazing deal this was for customers. So I can only conclude that they expected much less of a response to this great deal - obviously it being posted all over the internet added plenty of hits to this deal.Or maybe it was a legitimate misprint? Why else would they discount items at 70%-85%? Maybe they didn't say misuse because they recognized the faulty way in which they distributed the coupon? I do know that as a consumer I got such a great deal that it felt almost like I was "stealing" - they had King,Queen, 10piece bed in a bag for $29. Definitely don't let up on the rude treatment that you received - but I still think the expectation of Zellers to stand by the coupon is silly. It's like getting someone drunk and having them agree to take you on a trip to Italy for a month; and holding them to it when they sober up. Hope that analogy made you smile at least.

Coupon Queen
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Bed, Bath and Beyond are excepting the coupon and you CAN use it on sale items, BUT they have a list of restrictions that you can't use it on (IE Cuisinart, Bellville, etc). I bought a new shower head and DD bought a Discovery Kids Digital Camera $39.99 on sale 1/2 price $19.99 and then she used the coupon and got it for $9.99.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

My apologizy in advance if the answer to this question as been posted but it is hard reading through all these comments.

Can this coupon be used at The Bay or Home Outfitters ?. ( ontario )

Thanks again !

Trading Score
    173 (100%)

No, it is only meant for use at Zellers, not all HBC stores
    Make an easy $20+ per month with Swagbucks - watch videos, search, play games & get paid!
    ~ ~ ~
    Save while shopping online with cashback from ebates
    Get cash rebates when you buy from amazon.ca, Old Navy and more - get paid by cheque or paypal!

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Just came back from Zellers and I bought an Olay product that was $9.99, regular price, I got it for $5, pretty happy with that. Since it wasn't busy in the cash line, I was chatting with the cashier a bit. She said there has been quite a few unhappy customers, so as a result they were bumping the discount up to 50% on sale items that weren't already at 50% off. I guess it's a case of YMMV, but maybe worth asking in your local store if you still want to use the coupon.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    Totally not a misprint.
    Someone of Facebook posted this screen cap...
    Agreed! This is definately not a misprint. This coupon was intended to be released and used, the Zellers rep posting on Facebook clearly states this several times on Monday the 27th. They just realized they should issue a correction notice on Wednesday, LOL as if.

I called my store to see if I could use the coupon and the customer service lady said only on reg. priced items. They sure did upset a lot of customers over this and will probably lose business as well.

I also noticed that you didn't have to "like" their facebook page to be able to have access to the coupon, it worked automatically. There's another lie on their part when it's said it should only have been offered on the 26/27th to people who "liked" the page.

The coupon that was posted here on SC was just a link to the facebook page I believe. Zellers and anybody who uses social media sites like facebook and twitter etc. should know there's going to be alot of people viewing and using whatever offer is posted, if it's a good one. Maybe Zellers should cancel their facebook account and not have one at all after this f**** up.

Oh and like they didn't think something like this would happen didn't they change or stop offering bonus point coupons because they were being used too much? I haven't seen them around in a while.
    Last edited by ĉąŃ@Ðĺ@Ň ĉЋįċҜ; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 04:55 PM.
    LF: $1 2 2L Pepsi,$1 Sunlight Dish Soap,$ Pampers Diapers,$1 Cars Snacks,$2 Irish Spring ...Please PM me if you have any for trade. Sign up to Listia to get free stuff with points earned, (Pampers GTG,Huggies ETR,Stouffer's & Much More!) Click Here to sign up.
    My Trade List My Wish List Updated Oct 20 @ 12am

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Bissen View Post
    You would think Zeller's was new at this or something. We had planned to go to Zellers and The Bay today but I think we will give them both a pass. IMO it is time for this company to hit the road. I hate to say it but American companies seem to know where it's at.
    HBC is not Canadian. They are owned by an American private equity firm. Google it for more info.

it Is what it is
    Trading Score
    60 (100%)

I went yesterday to get a Vtech Reader for DS. It was on for 49.99. They refused me. This was likely moments after the retraction. Anyhow. I called Head Office and escalated to a manager, who agreed to call the store and put my name on a list and honour the price. However, I didn't get back yesterday, so of course today the reader was at normal price.
    On principal ALONE, I refused to buy a full priced item with this coupon after my call to Head office.
    Long story short....yes almost nothing I wanted was on sale. I found a Bissell Steam cleaner in an end cap, saying it was on for 88.88 from 119.00 So I grabbed it. I wanted one for a while. It rang up wrong, but she adjusted the price, since the sign was still up, and honoured my coupon.
    It was a hassle, but I ended up getting a good deal on the Bissell. I don't like Zellers, and there is a reason I don't shop there.
    I hope some people can take advantage of this offer, and get something good that they want.
    For those who abuse the coupon......grrrrrrr.
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/itsjill

Do you need glasses? No coverage at work! Great Glasses here http://www.clearlycontacts.ca/refer/8579776678

Trading Score
    64 (100%)

They should have invested in whatever applet that Smartsource.ca uses. One print per IP address. I realize a lot of people have more than one computer in their house, or could get others to do it for them, but it would have stopped simply hitting File > Print > Quantity 50 and then having those people go to town. Abuse still would happen, but not at the scale it had been done.

Think Zellers, think!
    pinkflowergirl86

RRLF most baby related coupons! PM me!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Sally is famous n stuff now... she made the blog on CTV http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

I definitely don't agree with how Zellers handled this....but I can say that my local Zellers made it a very pleasant shopping experience today. I went in today, and the first thing I did was go to customer service to ask about the coupon, as it seems different stores are handling things differently, and I just wanted to be clear on the terms before I got to the till. The customer service rep was very friendly, asked me if my coupon was the original and called the manager to double check how they were handling it. She then told me that they, at least in this particular location were honoring the coupon and it could still be used for flyer deals. My mom got a pair of running shoes....which were 30% off in the flyer, plus an addition 50% from the coupon.......I purchased a regular priced travel/cosmetics bag set and used the 50% off, while my dad used his on razor blades. All in all it was still a good trip, with some good deals.....and thankfully both the cashier and customer service rep were very friendly and helpful!

Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Now that it hit the news Zellers you silly people... you just reached out to millions that will print off your coupon and you will loose even more in the end. This is what is called a public relations nightmare.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

DH picked up a Black & Decker bread maker, regular 149.99, used coupon and paid 85.43 OOP.

DH saw a mini electric rice cooker for 12.99 and going back to pick it up with DD, lol.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cheekysaver View Post
    Sally is famous n stuff now... she made the blog on CTV http://calgary.ctv.ca/servlet/an/loc...ub=CalgaryHome
    Oh-oh, she says in her comment there that she didn't know about the coupon change, but on the SC blog she says there was a sign on the door of Zellers. Gotta keep the story straight to make a point!

(Note - added later in the evening - I'm leaving up my original comments, but Sally made a posting explaining that I misread, so I have issued her an apology later in this thread.)
    Last edited by Natalka; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 10:03 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    DH picked up a Black & Decker bread maker, regular 149.99, used coupon and paid 85.43 OOP.

DH saw a mini electric rice cooker for 12.99 and going back to pick it up with DD, lol.
    I was thinking about getting a bread maker but not sure if the bread will be any good. I think it's the same one for $49.99 at CT this week as a special buy.
    LF: $1 2 2L Pepsi,$1 Sunlight Dish Soap,$ Pampers Diapers,$1 Cars Snacks,$2 Irish Spring ...Please PM me if you have any for trade. Sign up to Listia to get free stuff with points earned, (Pampers GTG,Huggies ETR,Stouffer's & Much More!) Click Here to sign up.
    My Trade List My Wish List Updated Oct 20 @ 12am

Page 67 of 82 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67 68 69 77 ... LastLast

Thread Information