User Tag List

Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Zellers: 50% off one item, limit one per customer (Dec 26-31)

I just wish once someone would call me SIR without adding "you're making a scene"...
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

there you go
    I'm not MEAN!....I'm just careful...

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Post your experiences in the the blog post too on http://smartcanucks.ca/oh-zellers-ca...i-loathe-thee/ power with numbers.
    Last edited by Sally888; Fri, Dec 30th, 2011 at 02:14 PM.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post
    I wasn't feeling well yesterday and it was cold as heck, so didn't go out. DH went to the sticks and one location had no sign and was able to get a Dirt Devil vacuum cleaner for $20 and a family in front were buying bed sheets with 3 coupons.
    Quote Originally Posted by janetta View Post
    I totally know which vacuum you got!
    $39.99, right? Regular price?
    My boyfriend and I each got one...hehe. It works pretty well, super happy with the purchase. (We have a carpet-less house.)

EDITED TO ADD: Zellers can still suck it.
    The one DH got was a wet vac for pets/carpets. Regular price was 89.99 and yellow sticker of $39, less coupon and paid 20.51 OOP.

Admin
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

While I dont agree with the resale, its not anything new.

Do you know how many people that own conveneince stores load up on deals and mark up and resell at their stores? TONS. I've seen corner store owners have 10 shopping carts full of items to mark up 200% and resell.

Its low sure. But it happens a lot.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

Still not feeling great so DH and DD going out tonight and maybe get a half price bread maker. Anyone know which is the best one they sell at Zellers?

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Okay, do the exclusions on the coupon still count? This was posted on Facebook by Zellers 30 minutes ago....Again it could be interpreted that ANYTHING in the store NOT on sale is now cucumber eligible such as gift cards or electronics. What a bunch of amateurs, no wonder they are going out of business....

"Zellers

Hi everyone - We have received many comments about the correction notice posted yesterday. We again apologize for the inconvenience and frustration this correction has caused our Facebook fans and customers. It was unfortunate that we did not discover our error until Wednesday. This won't happen again.

To clarify, the coupon is still valid until December 31st and is offering 50% off on any one regularly priced item. You can also take advantage of our sale prices on other items which deliver excellent value.

Although we would like to respond to each of you individually, we hope this final post acknowledging the error and our sincere apology will help to clarify and resolve the matter.

Thank you for being a part of this Facebook community and being part of our Festive Finale."

core33
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

how can people assume that those items on Kijiji were from Zellers, they are most likely not. Don't just assume.

Eithier way Zellers sucks and they have lost my business, its too bad i like to price match and get the points.

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

i went in an said cucumber to the cashier today and she asked to see it and i dont have one, asked if why i couldn't just say cucumber if people just have to show their smartphones (with the coupon on it). i dont have a smartphone. she said zellers wants people to go to the website. i told her obviously i was one the website how else would i know about it? she refused me the coupon, i told her it was bulls*** and left without buying the diapers i was going to buy.

she looked like she was gonna let me too, until the freaking cashier next till over told her not to.

Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

At the end of the rainbow potohgold's Avatar
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by core33 View Post
    how can people assume that those items on Kijiji were from Zellers, they are most likely not. Don't just assume.
    While there is no way to know for sure, the three ads were all posted on Dec 30 (at day after Zellers' retraction) and all for the same model number sold at Zellers. Things that make you go "HMMMMM"....

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Still going to head back in today & use a few more coupons. Will probably get a larger Pyrex measuring cup & a box of Pampers, DH wants to get new windshield wipers & a LEGO set for DS. After using these coupons though, we won't be shopping at Zellers. Didn't much anyway.
    "Be who you are & say what you feel
    because those who mind don't matter
    & those who matter don't mind." - Dr. Seuss

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I just read on another forum that Zellers is marking most of their stuff, like small appliances, $5 off, so you can't use the coupon.

I posted above that DH got a crock pot with a discount of $5 but scanned at regular price and got SCOP. So if you are in Quebec, you win, the rest of Canada, you lose.

If I can get a bread maker, that'll be fine. If I don't, no biggie, and I don't need anymore small appliances.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mizer View Post

Quote Originally Posted by krysta lynne View Post
    i went in an said cucumber to the cashier today and she asked to see it and i dont have one, asked if why i couldn't just say cucumber if people just have to show their smartphones (with the coupon on it). i dont have a smartphone. she said zellers wants people to go to the website. i told her obviously i was one the website how else would i know about it? she refused me the coupon, i told her it was bulls*** and left without buying the diapers i was going to buy.

she looked like she was gonna let me too, until the freaking cashier next till over told her not to.

name one other store that will give you a discount without showing the coupon.. it says right on the top of it "provide the coupon"

Shameless Reps FTW krysta lynne's Avatar
    Trading Score
    22 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    name one other store that will give you a discount without showing the coupon.. it says right on the top of it "provide the coupon"

so? Zellers says and does a lot of things other stores don't do
    Feel free to use my shop.ca referral link! Tons of products and great deals! http://www.shop.ca?plcktb=ZwVwXmoC0

Trading Score
    59 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Sally888 View Post
    While I dont agree with the resale, its not anything new.

Do you know how many people that own conveneince stores load up on deals and mark up and resell at their stores? TONS. I've seen corner store owners have 10 shopping carts full of items to mark up 200% and resell.

Its low sure. But it happens a lot.
    In some cases it's illegal when corner stores do it. I worked for a luggage company named access a few years ago( sister company to Bentley, they just sell the higher end stuff there) and they found out that a corner store in town had some of their stuff on sale. They bought at ton of stuff after Christmas and jacked up the price of it and sold it. My district manager found it while buying a newspaper ( it was small stuff like luggage tags, locks, travel sets and neck pillows). Well thy all had the Bentley brand name on them and they are not an authorized dealer so they got the cops involved.

Banned
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

Drove out to the Bracebridge Zellers yesterday. They had the signs up at the cash and the door about the no sale prices, so we made sure our items did not scan on sale (and thankfully they didn't).

The ladies at the cash were very kind and nice (they always are there!). I got a half-price hair dryer - regularly $39.99, got it for $19.99. I chose to get a more expensive one with a retractable cord because my youngest cats think wires are play toys...

My mom got a bread maker. Regularly $99.99, for $49.99. She cashed in her HBC points for 5x $10.00 GCs and paid just the $6.50 tax. Great for her RA, since it mixes the ingredients itself and it won't be physically difficult to knead the dough.

Page 65 of 82 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 ... LastLast

Thread Information