User Tag List

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Error correction now coupon does not include sale priced items. Glad I went last night.
    This thread is currently associated with: Zellers

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    29 (100%)

jealous. i went today and they had changed it already. only because 2 stores were sold out yesterday, so i found a mixer today...thought i was in heaven. nope. What a terrible "correction" on their part. that's clearly a "holy crap, we're selling lots of things, we should undo this!" they tried their darndest to undo their sale now that they realized they released a crazy good coupon onto us. I wish i had gotten the display model last night. i want a mixer more than anything. I am considering going tonight to get a jug of milk or something... i dont know. i left with nothign when they said no to my mixer. the thread under the "deals" section is on fire. people are furious! i totally agree with them. it's insane what Zellers is pulling. bogus if you ask me.
    anyway.... debragirl31, what did you get with your coupon??? i can live vicariously through your purchase! :p

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Oh that is too bad, I'm so sorry that happened to you. I got a set of Oneda Flatware that were regular $84.99 for $19.99 plus taxes. They would only let you do one item (as the coupon stated), so I thought I'd go back today to get another item. Its sad but I totally understand it, it was a deal too good to be true, grins.

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

glad i got my jacket for $22.50 from $90! and my mom bought me a hairdryer (it was a reg priced item) for $22.50 as well, from $45. At least we can (apparently) still use it on reg. priced items....who knows what tomorrow will bring!

Did you guys see this? It made the news! Someone was sure pi$$ed! LOL

http://winnipeg.ctv.ca/servlet/an/lo...b=WinnipegHome

AND this:

http://www.globaltvedmonton.com/zell...290/story.html
    Last edited by littlebean; Thu, Dec 29th, 2011 at 10:38 PM.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Yup saw the news.

Was just at Walmart and verified with them that there are some inaccurate postings on the website in the brag column.

I called the number for customer service from the store and was told, that they saw on the Smart canucks website that we are telling people to call them and that they'll still get the coupon with the sale items - Wrong I was advised so don't waste your time.

Secondly, if you have an HBC Credit Card they advised me that we can use the 15% off for using your card as well as the 50% coupon (just not on sale items) and thus you will get 65% off tomorrow and Saturday only! Still an awesome deal in my books.

Funny as I was doing my recycle walk, I couldn't believe the number of boxes with Zellers tags for stuff I saw at the store earlier this week. I think its a way for the people in the family to get what they wanted for Christmas and not feel guilty for it. Grins.

I am going tomorrow now to do my shopping for pots and pans and an Ottoman. 65% off here I come!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

what do you mean about the hbc credit card part? Is that a special promo? I never saw that??? please explain.
    LF: kashi from websaver and 50 cents any cereal printout
    FT: Mann's veg and more! Check out my tradelist/wishlist

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

They have an instore promotion posted up and on all the shopping carts that it starts tomorrow and is valid for 2 days. They do this every once and awhile trying to get people to use their credit cards. If you use your credit card and then use the 50% coupon you will get 65% off your items so long as they are not on sale.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

thanks! I might even go then... if I can find a toy that isn't on sale!!!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    174 (100%)

fyi-went to zellers...can't use 15% when you use HBC credit card and 50% off coupon together. (also the 15% is only on bed, bath and furniture)

Trading Score
    153 (100%)

^omg, what else are they going to come up with? sucks it's only on selected items.

Winnipeg Airmiler
    Trading Score
    215 (100%)

Oh wow, and a Manager told me we could this is really bad. Glad I read the post so I don't waste my time.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    10 (100%)

my sister in law talked the cashier into still letting her use it on a sale item!

Thread Information