User Tag List

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Trading Score
    30 (100%)

^I wonder if they are a neutral party?

I've heard of people in ON having to get lawyers when they win. Not sure how true that is.

$50M is a lot of money.. I'd be happy with not even a mil

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    51 (100%)

Last edited by lecale; Sun, Jan 18th, 2015 at 01:10 PM.

shaykeija
    Trading Score
    2 (100%)

lol i would do the kiss my @ss dance, I am a goddess and leave the country for the tropics...

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Brynhilde View Post
    ^I wonder if they are a neutral party?

I've heard of people in ON having to get lawyers when they win. Not sure how true that is.

$50M is a lot of money.. I'd be happy with not even a mil
    No, it's not a neutral party. It's between Ontario Lottery and Gaming and one of the big 5 brick and mortar banks that they choose.
    Personally, I would get my financial planner involved before I contact the lottery company and take the financial planner with me.

I agree that $50 million is a lot of money. I wish they would consider 50 prizes of $500,000 -- spread the money around. They would encourage more players that way IMO.

We nearly never play. Maybe 3 times per year - you know -- to throw away some money, lol.

Hmmmmm
    Trading Score
    63 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    No, it's not a neutral party. It's between Ontario Lottery and Gaming and one of the big 5 brick and mortar banks that they choose.
    Personally, I would get my financial planner involved before I contact the lottery company and take the financial planner with me.

I agree that $50 million is a lot of money. I wish they would consider 50 prizes of $500,000 -- spread the money around. They would encourage more players that way IMO.

We nearly never play. Maybe 3 times per year - you know -- to throw away some money, lol.
    I agree on that point of bringing your own financial planner. Not about to use the lotto corp's non-neutral one. It just makes more business for them to "advise" on where to put money they gave out themselves. All the big-wig back-patters. No thanks.

I usually grab a ticket when a big lotto comes around, and find lots of tickets in my stocking (just won $20, ha). I'm not a regular player by any means myself.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

I figured as much.. I would do the same as you.

I usually play the Crosswords once in awhile.. maybe a few times a year. I bought a lotto ticket once but didn't play my Encore. Turns out the Encore numbers I had matched all the numbers that were called that night. Bah... They say if you don't play, you don't have a chance to win but I'd rather try and save that money on something else.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Also.. I don't really like the idea of having my photo taken with this big cheque I just won from OLG... I probably couldn't walk down the streets of Downtown Toronto without someone asking about it. Talk about risky...

Sorry off topic

Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by MrsSunshine View Post
    are you referring to Ontario or Ottawa? when you say 'here'

if its Ottawa were sh$t out of luck.

if Ontario..
    they said Ottawa on the news blurb I heard

If I won, I would get rid of the money quick.
    My plan would be
    10% to charity
    10% to family and friends
    10% to savings
    10% to emergency fund
    10% to stocks
    10% to mutual funds
    10% to RAOK through out the year - like the people who paid off KMart layaways in the states, or a small diamond in the Salvation Army kettles
    10% to housing and car
    10% retirement
    10% travel to see friends, family, the world

I would still work, but cut my hours and do more volunteer work.
    I would not drastically change my lifestyle.
    I would still save and use coupons.
    I'd work for myself at my charity! I don't think we would change our lifestyle much except for a bit bigger house and a bit newer vehicle and some new clothes that I buy because I like them, not because "they'll do" and "they're on sale"!!

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLab View Post
    I've honestly never thought about what I'd do with that much money. Like Lola said, 1 million would be a chore of a decision.

Lotto companies do recommend that when you've won, immediately turn your phone ringer off, pick up and deposit the cheque, then take a few days off to getaway with your family and think it all over.
    I remember reading once you take a little bit say 100,000 if you won 50 million and do whatever you want with it, the rest you lock up a year so that you and no one else can access it.

Completely agree...realistically I'd rather have the same lifestyle with just a littel extra each month (or have no mortgage)

Also.. I don't really like the idea of having my photo taken with this big cheque I just won from OLG... I probably couldn't walk down the streets of Downtown Toronto without someone asking about it. Talk about risky...

Sorry off topic

Ditto!!

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Sorry off topic
    For the photo, I would look my worst - hair everywhere, no make up, a crazy hat, glasses.

Then before I leave, get all made up and change to go out to the crowds. With my limo waiting at the door of course.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

For the photo, I would look my worst - hair everywhere, no make up, a crazy hat, glasses.

Then before I leave, get all made up and change to go out to the crowds. With my limo waiting at the door of course.
    You are full of ideas!! Brilliant!!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

wow, some new millioniaires, too - that would be 'enough' for me, lol!

There is one winning ticket for the $50-million jackpot in Friday night's Lotto Max draw -- and it was purchased somewhere in Ontario.
    Four of the 10 MaxMillions prizes of $1-million dollars each were also claimed.
    Two winning MaxMillions tickets were sold in British Columbia, one in Calgary, and one in Ontario

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I got a lottery ticket for Christmas, I joked that if I won i'd have to sit on it until my birthday in July!

So..if I actually won (didn't win squat on my ticket, actually)

3 million dollars to build my dream home and furnish it
    1 million to each of my brothers (3)
    5 million to my Mom
    500,000 to 2 of my friends
    --- 10 million so far ---
    2 million to spend (clothes, cars)
    500,000 to start an animal rescue
    100,000 to roak. <-- great ideas for that.

I'd also love to go downtown and order a tonne of meals from a take-out place, and give one to each of the homeless people I encounter. Then rent out a couple hotel rooms for them. I have a soft spot for homeless people, heh.

Hah, i'm not even at 15,000,000 and I ran out of ideas (other then savings)
    Previously CanadianBella... I'm baaack!
    Check out my Trade & Wishlist

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    61 (100%)

First thing I would do is purchase a good-sized RV. I'd take my family somewhere that no one could find us for awhile. It takes no time at all before people know you won and are banging on your door begging for donations. I have an aunt who won about $100K awhile back, and years later people were STILL asking them for money. $100K isn't enough to be sharing much with strangers who come knocking.

Trading Score
    30 (100%)

Sometimes you sit on prizes and then they are gone by the time you redeem them.. I had it happen on a few Instant Win tickets and I wasn't even keeping them away. By the time I bought the ticket, someone else had already claimed the prize

Trading Score
    109 (100%)

I can't even imagine winning $50 Million. I think I would put it all in the bank and take the family on a holiday, while on holidays we could figure out what to do with it. For sure 50% would go to charity, nobody needs that much money and the charities could do wonders with it. The rest would probably be split between my 5 girls and us equally. That way all our family could enjoy it.
    We all need a little sunshine every now and then

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information