Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I would give money to..

My brother, SIL and 2 nephews
    My sister
    My former neighbour and daughter
    Single mother/father, family that is struggling
    Donate to: Humane Society, Homeless Shelter, Abused Women's shelter, Children's charity

For myself...
    Renovate my place or buy another house. Not a mansion. A normal house that is new or upgraded/renovated.
    Take a few trips.. Cook Islands, Tahiti, Europe
    Put alot of the money into savings or for retirement.

One thing I never understood. Is it a requirement to have your photo taken when you win the lottery? If I ever won I would not want my photo taken. Would rather be anonymous.
    Last edited by toban; Sat, Dec 31st, 2011 at 09:51 PM.

Sexy Canadian Genius Miss_April's Avatar
    Trading Score
    11 (100%)

I'd be at the airport, gone hahaha. Well I would gather up anyone I wanted to bring along.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by roseofblack25 View Post

I always wonder about that...Is it possible to remain anonymous?
    I think I would always be paranoid that someone was out to get me for my money or something.
    I'm also not sure how I would ever be able to date if I won a large amount of money especially with your face and name out there I would always feel like they wanted me for my money and not love.
    In order to collect the ticket, can't be anonymous.

There are lots of people who have more money than we know, living simple lives. There are lots of stories of people who have died, giving millions to charity, and their families did not know the money existed.

Dating -- well you would be able to hire a private investigator to check out potential dates, and have them continually investigated if the relationship contines. Not a nice thought, but to protect yourself, that may be what is needed, IMO.

Boo Radley Conspirator roseofblack25's Avatar
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    In order to collect the ticket, can't be anonymous.

There are lots of people who have more money than we know, living simple lives. There are lots of stories of people who have died, giving millions to charity, and their families did not know the money existed.

Dating -- well you would be able to hire a private investigator to check out potential dates, and have them continually investigated if the relationship contines. Not a nice thought, but to protect yourself, that may be what is needed, IMO.
    yeah but if you can't be anon to claim the money then everyone would know you had the money to begin with...which could probably make you a pretty nice target if some idiot thinks you carry tons of cash LOL That's why I don't get why you can't just go claim the money and not have it made public knowledge the name of who won if they don't want to have your name and face out there...I could probably fool lots of people into thinking I had no money since I would still be living modestly and working/studying.

Search and win with SWAGBUCKS!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    162 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by snuffaluffagus View Post
    My priority would be to live off-grid and have my dream green home built on some land...about 100 acres so that my dogs have plenty of room to run . Around here, I don't figure it would cost me more than 1M. The balance of winnings would all be invested, every last penny. I'd let the principal build but would use a good 50% of the interest after taxes on special projects. A state of the art animal shelter/training facility/low income vet clinic would be one of my first projects.

My life would change for sure. I'd be able to afford to live simple .
    Love the idea of a low income vet clinic.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information