User Tag List

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Seeing as how it's nearly that time again, a new year is about to dawn upon us...should we make some resolutions? I'm not usually one for that type of thing and prefer to make changes as we go along, but this year I think things will be different. I've recently been diagnosed with a condition that could make me disabled - or not. So things are very unknown at the moment. Part of the treatment, because there really isn't any clear treatment is stress reduction/management. Doctor has recommended yoga or tai chi or water class. So Mon, Wed, Thurs and Sunday classes fit my schedule. Don't think I can do all that! I'll do M & W. Also have some vitamin deficiencies, although I don't know how that could happen as I take a multivitamin. However, blood work confirms. So I resolve to eat better (more uncooked foods), take more vitamins and reduce stress by going to yoga.

What about you? Any resolutions?
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

my resolution is to live on a tighter budget and pay off debt. even thought you take a multivitamin it doesn't always have the full amount of certain vitamins thats why some people continue to be deficient on certain ones.

CaToonie
    Trading Score
    6 (100%)

I need to do some goal setting too. I am not big on doing it just because it's the new year, but we have had a great many changes in our life in the last six months. (New home, new job, new church, baby on the way) I just need to make sure our goals are in line with what is going on. Saving money and healthy living are right up there though.

Vitamins are tricky. Sometimes they don't absorb. If you have just been diagnosed with this new thing you should get your doctor to refer to to a nutritionist, (nutritionist and not diatician). Some things are better off taken a certain times of the day or with certain foods. It's really hard to absorb iron when eating dairy at the same time for instance.
    My mom has a condition where the best treatment seems to be a regimen of suppliments and vitamins, but she is on a schedule, some taken in the morning, some midday, some at bedtime, or they don't work as well.

Trading Score
    32 (100%)

i would like to set a goal of trying to save more money to be able to pay off more debt and create a better life for my family. I would also like to find a way that i can actually make some money while being at home raising my children and dealing with my epilepsy. oh yeah and on top of all i would like to try and quit smoking this year.. but well see as im a stress ball

Trading Score
    84 (100%)

Don't know if Nicorette would help, but there are a lot of coupons out for their products. Also know friends who were successful using Champix to quit. Good luck. Quitting would save a lot of money in the long run.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    18 (100%)

My goal this year is to lose 30 pounds...dun dun dun...
    and also to get my food budget under 100 a week for all household (diapers, catfood, paper products and grocerys) I am finding it most hard for fresh produce as I can never find deals for fruit and veggies, and also we eat some of the ready made veggie products (yves, Gardein ect.) as we are vegitarians.

So 100/week for a family of 6. sometimes it seems more doable then others but the numbers just don't crunch any other way.

keep them coming!

Trading Score
    48 (100%)

I tend to set goals all year. Last year I was able to pay off all of my debt except my mortgage and have a couple mortgage payments saved up. I lost 20lbs to reach my goals weight.

This year will be tougher though. I was in 4 car accidents 5 years ago and finally had an assessment done. I basically have the mental capacity of a elementary school kid. I had been complaining about my memory and my inability to count past 5 so I finally got tested. I had given up my career years ago and have just found out that training for another career is basically out of the question as I have also developed ADHD attention type.

The only part that hasn't been affected is how I come across. I come across as very intelligent and people get very mad or upset me when I can't understand them, forget or make mistakes. It happened yesterday at work and I was so upset I almost left. So I have to learn to deal with people getting mad or upset with me for something I have no control over which is really tough. I wish people had more patience not every disability is visible.

I am going to try to get my class 3 license so I don't have to deal people so much. I do qualify for funding since I am now classified as learning disabled (graduated university with an honors degree) so I don't have to go back into debt.

Sorry to be so long-winded but the incident really hurt and humiliated me and we had even taken a course on treating people with disabilities (visible and not) with respect. I guess not everyone paid attention.
    Last edited by alwaysdaddysgirl; Tue, Jan 3rd, 2012 at 01:54 PM.

Thread Information